• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Thread of Oh We Just Play DOTA2 Now

Splat

I am on my way to greatness. Finished 'Mechanics 1'. Only thing is when I right clicked on a creep my Dragon Knight was auto attacking. I didn't want him to do that. Wanted to try and time the attacks for a Last Hit. I checked in my settings menu and Auto Attack was Off. So what am I doing wrong here

Why you never on aim

eznark

Banned
1391345-god_bless_america.jpg

Smokey

This is old but holy shit at the hype lol:

http://youtu.be/Ldq1afiKQb8

can somebody explain to me exactly what's going why dude is roaring on the yellow team lol. from what i can see they put the other team to sleep and then from there i get lost in all of the effects and shit but the crowd is going crazy

eznark

Banned

can somebody explain to me exactly what's going why dude is roaring on the yellow team lol. from what i can see they put the other team to sleep and then from there i get lost in all of the effects and shit but the crowd is going crazy

Team USA was caught out by the evil Chinese but Dendi "Captain America" and company were able to turn it around. Pivotal moment and a huge turning point (imo) for Dota as a spectator sport.

Nightz

Just bought the Tidehunter polo, 2 blindbox plushies and a mousepad. Now I want to play some Dota. How many more matches are there tonight?

Trasher

Greatest play of all time.

The Chinese catch team USA unawares with a behind the back switcheroo. They use this massive sleep ability to hold them in place while they setup all around them, but then, when they come out of the sleep, team USA turns everything around on them mainly by using an ability called Black Hole that sucks everyone in around them. Generally when a team catches another team like that it's in their advantage because they get the drop on them and can dictate where the fight is taken, but USA is so fucking good that they are able to turn it around on them completely.

Smokey

Team USA was caught out by the evil Chinese but Dendi "Captain America" and company were able to turn it around. Pivotal moment and a huge turning point (imo) for Dota as a spectator sport.

Greatest play of all time.

The Chinese catch team USA unawares with a behind the back switcheroo. They use this massive sleep ability to hold them in place while they setup all around them, but then, when they come out of the sleep, team USA turns everything around on them mainly by using an ability called Black Hole that sucks everyone in around them. Generally when a team catches another team like that it's in their advantage because they get the drop on them and can dictate where the fight is taken, but USA is so fucking good that they are able to turn it around on them completely.

Oh I see it now. The Black Hole ability bopped everyone and then they all went after the last hero and it was a wrap :eek:. I don't know shit about DOTA (completed Mechanics 2 training!) but that was amazing

brentech

So what's the USA joke? That's something I keep seeing, but having just downloaded the game in the past week, I'm way behind.

brentech

Boiling it down, basically since there are so many Asian teams any team with white people represents USA.

Thank you! lol, that's pretty good

Just had my first game where I lost, and my pub team didn't name call and totally implode. Was a really fun fairly close match. Game really shines in matches like that. I tore it up as Lich. Still need to learn to use my items more often.

Oh I see it now. The Black Hole ability bopped everyone and then they all went after the last hero and it was a wrap :eek:. I don't know shit about DOTA (completed Mechanics 2 training!) but that was amazing

They didn't really explain how technically amazing the play was. Basically team B came in with the mass sleep spell to get everyone in position for the team fight. There's basically a second in between that and the "ravage" spell that tidehunter casts to damage and stun the whole team (it's the ability you see where all the tentacles come out of the ground and knocks everyone up in the air). In that really small amount of time in between the sleep ending and the ravage spell being cast (a vacuum was cast in between them to pull all of team A together for the ravage), a member of team A was able to activate the active ability on their black king bar item (gives you magic immunity), making them immune to the ravage spell. This enabled him (enigma) to cast his black hole ultimate right after, which damages and disables all of them while pulling them towards the center. Another hero, rubick, was able to use force staff (which pushes you a certain distance in the direction you're facing) to get out of the ravage range. Also, he has an ultimate which basically steals the last spell an enemy hero casted. He used it on Tidehunter after ravage was cast and recast it back on the other team after they had been black holed. A third hero, juggernaut, used his whirlwind ability after sleep ended to make him magic immune as well, allowing him to attack the enemy team as well. It really was just amazing teamwork and recovery.

McNei1y

Last night's games were fun.. well, aside from that one game that Venomancer went nuts. I liked our setup for the third game. We were down by 7 kills to start but we came back and destroyed! Manta Style on Spectre is so much fun.

Smokey

They didn't really explain how technically amazing the play was. Basically team B came in with the mass sleep spell to get everyone in position for the team fight. There's basically a second in between that and the "ravage" spell that tidehunter casts to damage and stun the whole team (it's the ability you see where all the tentacles come out of the ground and knocks everyone up in the air). In that really small amount of time in between the sleep ending and the ravage spell being cast (a vacuum was cast in better en them to pull all of team A together for the ravage), a member of team A was able to activate the active ability on their black king bar item (gives you magic immunity), making them immune to the ravage spell. This enabled him (enigma) to cast his black hole ultimate right after, which damages and disables all of them while pulling them towards the center. Another hero, rubick, was able to use force staff (which pushes you a certain distance in the direction you're facing) to get out of the ravage range. Also, he has an ultimate which basically steals the last spell an enemy hero casted. He used it on Tidehunter after ravage was cast and recast it back on the other team after they had been black holed. A third hero, juggernaut, used his whirlwind ability after sleep ended to make him magic immune as well, allowing him to attack the enemy team as well. It really was just amazing teamwork and recovery.

That's a really good explanation, thanks.

Also I woke up this morning for work wanting to continue my training even though last night I didn't really have a complete understanding of what was going on. Fucking items man. Also nobody answered my auto attack question. Why does my guy keep attacking a creep when I right click on him one time? Or is he supposed to do that? Was trying to time up the attacks for LH but that was throwing me off.

I'm at the training section where you get to pick 10 different heroes or something. I started with sand King yesterday..meh. I got 9 more to try tho!

I did figure out fairly quickly that buying a courier is probably a good idea.

TheCrow

Last night's games were fun.. well, aside from that one game that Venomancer went nuts. I liked our setup for the third game. We were down by 7 kills to start but we came back and destroyed! Manta Style on Spectre is so much fun.

We were never down that much but we did lose early as DP was able push our tier 1 with her ult. It was only a matter of time before we got our big items and starting turning around team fights.

That's a really good explanation, thanks.

Also I woke up this morning for work wanting to continue my training even though last night I didn't really have a complete understanding of what was going on. Fucking items man. Also nobody answered my auto attack question. Why does my guy keep attacking a creep when I right click on him one time? Or is he supposed to do that? Was trying to time up the attacks for LH but that was throwing me off.

I'm at the training section where you get to pick 10 different heroes or something. I started with sand King yesterday..meh. I got 9 more to try tho!

I did figure out fairly quickly that buying a courier is probably a good idea.

You shouldn't attack the creeps at all until it's time to last hit them. If you do, you'll push the creep wave, which you normally don't want to do. It's best to just stand around and wait to make the final hit.

On auto-attack: It's currently turned on by default. I know a lot of us have turned it off because it makes last hitting easier for us. You can turn it off in the options menu.

McNei1y

Why does my guy keep attacking a creep when I right click on him one time? Or is he supposed to do that? Was trying to time up the attacks for LH but that was throwing me off.

If I recall there is an option in the settings menu to turn off last hitting.

Also, this is a good guide to LH
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwodP8DIQbQ

We were never down that much but we did lose early as DP was able push our tier 1 with her ult. It was only a matter of time before we got our big items and starting turning around team fights.

True. I just thought it was more than that because Lion was really annoying down low.

McNei1y

I love how after we started fighting as a team we never saw his ult. Doom made him completely useless.

It's super annoying being on the other end of Doom. I haven't been in that position in awhile but I remember one of the first times I was Silencer, I had been completely abused by Doom.

Edit: I wish I could play DOTA2 at work.

Top Bottom