• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Thread of Oh We Just Play DOTA2 Now

Smokey

Oh yeah. It's fucking amazing. I think it's been 11 years now so they've had time to iterate.

Is it worth it to go premium? As much as I talk shit about baseball it's starting to grow on me from watching actual major league teams and not the AAA team in my city.

brentech

dendi-dances-on-stage-o.gif

lol, sweet, thx

eznark

Banned
Is it worth it to go premium? As much as I talk shit about baseball it's starting to grow on me from watching actual major league teams and not the AAA team in my city.

I bought premium the day it was available like a decade ago so I may be the wrong person to ask but I love it. I watch four or five games a day, miss very few Brewers games due to blackout and the quality is fucking superb. Great apps on iOS, 360 (though there is like a 30 second delay on 360) PS3, Roku, etc. it's fucking awesome.

MLB Advance Media really is probably the best. They are hamstrung a but by there shitty blackout contracts and their rights management, though that too is loosening, but the product is seriously amazing.

MiLB.tv is good too, though not quite up to par with the big brother.

I don't know why they made the controls harder

Like in order to spin or juke or stiff arm or truck (which is a fucking whore in the tutorial because they make you go against Patrick Willis and I was on all-madden) you now have to press LT...and the same buttons you used last year. what???

game still feels kind of the same though. and people better learn to watch the ball hawk because that is like a ball eagle now

Eznark, how is Europa?

That game looks kinda good

Also I played a real life settlers game last night. I was fucking stuck at 9 points forever while I watched the dice roll on a 7 for everyone else the 2 spaces I didn't have (or that the robber was on). eventually I got gangbanged to 2nd place :(

eznark

Banned
I played the demo for hours and hours. Been swamped today and for some fucking reason I am supposed to go to a Moravian Church tonight which means I won't get to it til like 9 or so. I've blocked out tomorrow afternoon for some serious Europa time though so I can report back then.

eznark

Banned
As far as I can tell my blindboxes weren't cancelled either. 3 heading my way and a pimp ass Tide Hunter polo! Dota in styyyyyyyyyyyyyyle.

eznark

Banned
Maybe you ordered too many? How many did you order Nightz? I only ordered three but I placed my order around the same time, 10est on the 7th.

Nightz

Ordered 5 at 4:15 pm PST, cancelled. What the fuck Valve! I guess they don't ship to people w/ awful win rates.

Maybe you ordered too many? How many did you order Nightz? I only ordered three but I placed my order around the same time, 10est on the 7th.

How many of them did you order Splat? And did you buy anything else along with them? I only bought 2 and ordered some other stuff. Don't know if that makes a difference.

Splat

How many of them did you order Splat? And did you buy anything else along with them? I only bought 2 and ordered some other stuff. Don't know if that makes a difference.

I ordered 5, all there was in the order. Maybe they cracked down on people ordering 100s to resell and I was collateral damage. Ah well.

eznark

Banned
Yeah, I'm guessing they filled the orders or people who ordered them in addition to other stuff first.

It's a fuck-awesome idea. I hope they do more.

Smokey

Not officially announced by rockstar, but looks like nvidia leaked it according to a thread on gaming side.

Max Payne 3 was a excellent port so this is good news if true.

Sanjuro

Hey, Madden-Nintendudes!

I have to use this Elite Status thing Club Nintendo keeps emailing me about by the 15th. Would any of you be interested? I posted in the B/S/T, but I know you guys are into this stuff too. Let me know. I don't have a Nintendo console, no need for practically any of this stuff.

Physical - Shipped by December 31, 2013*
Zelda Three-Poster Set
Majora's Mask Soundtrack
2014 Club Nintendo Calendar

DLC
Super Smash Brothers
WarioWare: D.I.Y. Showcase
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
Super Mario Land
Sakura Samurai

brentech

Max Payne 3 was a excellent port so this is good news if true.
Just finished on PC yesterday. It felt like I spent 8 full days worth of time to finish it. Turns out, it was about 8 and a half hours.
Those damn cut scenes are so annoying. And they drag on and on. I skipped over all the ones that I was allowed to.

If all that was cut from my memory, I'd say it was a decent game. Did look nice on PC

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Hey, Madden-Nintendudes!

I have to use this Elite Status thing Club Nintendo keeps emailing me about by the 15th. Would any of you be interested? I posted in the B/S/T, but I know you guys are into this stuff too. Let me know. I don't have a Nintendo console, no need for practically any of this stuff.

Physical - Shipped by December 31, 2013*
Zelda Three-Poster Set
Majora's Mask Soundtrack
2014 Club Nintendo Calendar

DLC
Super Smash Brothers
WarioWare: D.I.Y. Showcase
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
Super Mario Land
Sakura Samurai

How did you get elite status without owning a nintendo console?

Trasher

Team: Check out this gameplay video of Guns of Icarus. It's like DotA, but on AIRSHIPS!

Not really, but it is this airship game where each airship has a crew and you try to shoot down the opponents' airships. I believe it's 3v3 as in three crews on three airships for each side. I think there are 4 people per crew. It's all done in first person perspective. You will have like 1 pilot, 1 engineer (repair guy), and 2 gunners. At any time you can just run around your ship and repair something if it's on fire or whatever, but your class will determine how good you are at certain things (i.e. the gunners will always be the best at using the weapons, the engineers will always repair stuff the fastest, etc). And when you are piloting the ships, all you can see is what's in front of you, so you have to rely on your teammates on the guns to tell you which directions to go in order for them to get an angle on the other ships.

Some GAF dudes on Mumble were playing it last night. We were talking about how awesome it'd be if we could get like a full team to crew three ships together. We could setup Mumble so each ship got their own channel, and then you can give permissions so that the designated leader of each airship/mumble channel can talk to each other. Anyways, check it out. It could be a lot of fun I think.

http://www.twitch.tv/kapura/c/2743120

I guess we can 4 pack this game as well.

CB3

Team: Check out this gameplay video of Guns of Icarus. It's like DotA, but on AIRSHIPS!

Not really, but it is this airship game where each airship has a crew and you try to shoot down the opponents' airships. I believe it's 3v3 as in three crews on three airships for each side. I think there are 4 people per crew. It's all done in first person perspective. You will have like 1 pilot, 1 engineer (repair guy), and 2 gunners. At any time you can just run around your ship and repair something if it's on fire or whatever, but your class will determine how good you are at certain things (i.e. the gunners will always be the best at using the weapons, the engineers will always repair stuff the fastest, etc). And when you are piloting the ships, all you can see is what's in front of you, so you have to rely on your teammates on the guns to tell you which directions to go in order for them to get an angle on the other ships.

Some GAF dudes on Mumble were playing it last night. We were talking about how awesome it'd be if we could get like a full team to crew three ships together. We could setup Mumble so each ship got their own channel, and then you can give permissions so that the designated leader of each airship/mumble channel can talk to each other. Anyways, check it out. It could be a lot of fun I think.

nah

LiveWire

Gives me flashbacks of Bioshock Infinite. I'd rather not. *curls up into fetal position and rocks back and forth*

Somnia

For those who got Payday 2 we need to play Thursday night or at least this weekend.

I'd say tonight but my 780 replacement won't be here till tomorrow (HDMI port was dead).

Reviews for Payday have been great, apparently has over 30 heists also.

eznark

Banned
If you guys actually play it I will probably pick it up. Reviews sound great and I have no shooter in my life right now. Why the fuck LoadOut is coming along so slowly I haven't a clue.

CB3

If you guys actually play it I will probably pick it up. Reviews sound great and I have no shooter in my life right now. Why the fuck LoadOut is coming along so slowly I haven't a clue.

Just play Black Ops 2 with smokey instead.

eznark

Banned
Sorry Payday, looks like I am playing CS:Go!

Oh, last night was my wife's turn to pick a movie. We watched Hyde Park on the Hudson. Unless you had no idea that the worst president in the history of the country was also a disgusting incestuous lech, I suggest you skip it. Billed as a comedy? Fucking atrocious.

Top Bottom