• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Thread of Oh We Just Play DOTA2 Now

Mrbob

Don't worry, Tom Chick will love it too.

Adding super powers is the best thing to happen to Saints Row. Heck, any open world game. Driving from location to location in slow ass cars is boring. Toss the cars away now, super speed, super jump, super climb to your location quickly.

Mrbob

Rock Paper Shotgun loves the game too:

RockPaperShotgun said:
That’s what makes Saints Row IV so absolutely wonderful. It’s not the ghosts of controversy that the series once had, and the promotional materials so desperately wish was still there. It’s not dildo bats, or poorly pixelated winkies. It’s fun. It’s sheer, unbridled, unrestricted fun. It’s a game that boldly lets you do everything you could ever want to, and can survive such freedoms. It’s a game that realises its own potential – that this is a form in which no limitations are necessary, in which conforming to expectations is pointless. Games have the ability to let us live out such mad, explosive, eccentric nonsense, and yet they almost never do. Saints Row IV does, and that makes it incredibly special. That it does it with such panache, such ease, and such ceaselessly entertaining humour, makes it simply one of the most fun games I’ve ever played.

Can't wait. :D

brentech

was going to wait until it got cheap, but might have to pickup Payday 2 now.
they actually made it $10 more on PSN for inferior version, lol
I did play the first on PS3 though, since I got it free via PS+, but paid for the expansion heists.

LiveWire

Don't worry, Tom Chick will love it too.

Adding super powers is the best thing to happen to Saints Row. Heck, any open world game. Driving from location to location in slow ass cars is boring. Toss the cars away now, super speed, super jump, super climb to your location quickly.

Yea Crackdown was pretty fun 6 years ago.

brentech

GTA hasn't been fun since San Andreas.

We'll see how overrated GTA5 is.

There's only been one game since SA.....which I was actually okay with IV, but I see the desire to not ONLY have story and allow the players to make more of their own fun as well.
And GTA5 looks like they're going back to the SA blue print.

eznark

Banned
Especially considering Bob has been telling me for years how awesome GTA stories are.

Don't get why you guys are pretending the mobile games don't exist though? That China Town game was the best GTA since 3.

brentech

So the madden demo came out yesterday.. But there's been maybe.. 4 posts about it?

shameful

pre-ordered and don't care to download the demo. more interested in what they added to the franchise, which they're slowly giving that info out.
Will probably be double dipping if PS4 version has all the bells and whistles and actually lives up to what they're saying about it.

Same with GTAV when it comes to PC. Largely because I'm just ready for the games and don't want to wait for their (likely) better releases.

eznark

Banned
So the madden demo came out yesterday.. But there's been maybe.. 4 posts about it?

shameful

It plays like the identical game, which we already knew. The upgrades were supposedly the ability to sell hot dogs, which isn't in the demo.

So guess what, it's fucking Madden.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Meh, it's Madden. Same trash as every year. I ordered it for the Sunday Ticket deal.

Dont phrase it as if you wouldnt have bought it if the Sunday Ticket deal wasnt there, bob!

I have zero hype for GTA. That being said, i still have it ordered on amazon. Rockstar will always get the benefit of the doubt from me.

Nightz

speaking of packages, my new laptop should arrive a bit later today. dota 2 on the go!

You should Dota with us too. :)

And speaking of, here's my friendly list for the past month:

YjDyyJQ.png

eznark

Banned
Nightz, we are an unstoppable wrecking crew.

You guys should go listen to Brad explain what he thinks is happening during the fountain hook match. It's fucking amazing.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Nightz, we are an unstoppable wrecking crew.

You guys should go listen to Brad explain what he thinks is happening during the fountain hook match. It's fucking amazing.

I didnt know what that thing was in the first place, so I ended up even more confused after hearing his side of it

brentech

You should Dota with us too. :)

And speaking of, here's my friendly list for the past month:

YjDyyJQ.png
Speaking of which, does madden gaf have its own in game chat channel?

I'm a mere level 2 so I'm still very much learning the game as I go. I know even the pros are still learning shit to an extent, but I'm at the bottom of the curve.

Nightz

Speaking of which, does madden gaf have its own in game chat channel?

I'm a mere level 2 so I'm still very much learning the game as I go. I know even the pros are still learning shit to an extent, but I'm at the bottom of the curve.

Yeah, it's called MaddenGAF or something like that. We're at the bottom of the curve too, but I think playing together (and with vets) accelerated the learning process quite a bit.

Splat

We had a good game last night! Seems like Death Prophet kinda tails off mid-late game apart from having a nice AoE Silence for teamfights + the ult for pushing.

Trasher

Lazy ass fucking FedEx, I want my TideHunter polo!!

When did you order your stuff? I ordered mine on August 7th, and still no word. EZB said he ordered his on the 8th, and he at least got his codes in an email for the Lockless Luckboxes. I think I'm boned.

eznark

Banned
When did you order your stuff? I ordered mine on August 7th, and still no word. EZB said he ordered his on the 8th, and he at least got his codes in an email for the Lockless Luckboxes. I think I'm boned.

I ordered on the 7th. I got my codes yesterday. Package is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.

Did you order more than just the pokeballs? If you did I think you are fine. Seems like they only cancelled orders for people who didn't get anything besides the plushies.

Trasher

I ordered on the 7th. I got my codes yesterday. Package is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.

Did you order more than just the pokeballs? If you did I think you are fine. Seems like they only cancelled orders for people who didn't get anything besides the plushies.

I just ordered the plushies. EZB only ordered plushies, and he ordered his a day after I ordered mine. =/

eznark

Banned
You fucked up. Considering you would have probably just sold the codes I am glad, biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch!

Top Bottom