• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Thread of Oh We Just Play DOTA2 Now

Rorschach

TheCrow

tumblr_moiqj2YFb11sw6tomo1_400.jpg

Antonio is great.

TheCrow

its fucking midnight and I have coffee brewing. All-niter :(

5 week calculus class... never again

i'm taking a couple 5 week courses this summer to graduate but it's just a gen ed and corporate taxes. I love how quickly I can get them over with but during those 5 weeks it's hell.

i'm taking a couple 5 week courses this summer to graduate but it's just a gen ed and corporate taxes. I love how quickly I can get them over with but during those 5 weeks it's hell.

Yeah the only 5 week summer classes I will take from here on out are general electives like hist/govt/english stuff like that

Nothing STEM

So you will graduate this summer? That's awesome... what's your major?

TheCrow

Yeah the only 5 week summer classes I will take from here on out are general electives like hist/govt/english stuff like that

Nothing STEM

So you will graduate this summer? That's awesome... what's your major?

Well I'm still waiting on grades for 2 classes but I'm sure I got at least a C. And I'm majoring in accounting. You?

Well I'm still waiting on grades for 2 classes but I'm sure I got at least a C. And I'm majoring in accounting. You?

That's cool man. I'm sure it feels awesome to almost be done. I still got a good 2.5 years to go :(

Do you go to Univ of Chicago?

I am majoring in petroleum engineering

TheCrow

That's cool man. I'm sure it feels awesome to almost be done. I still got a good 2.5 years to go :(

It'll be great to have my evenings free from night classes. Plus I can leave hourly wages behind for a salary. I'm at DePaul after my freshman year at U of I.

Hmm, petroleum engineering? Sounds rough.

It'll be great to have my evenings free from night classes. Plus I can leave hourly wages behind for a salary. I'm at DePaul after my freshman year at U of I.

Hmm, petroleum engineering? Sounds rough.

Thats whats up. DePaul is a quality university and you have the added benefit of smaller class sizes being as its private. I'm jelly of that. Petroleum Eng is only taught at public universities so I have to deal with much larger class sizes(core classes will hopefully be smaller). Calc has room for 180 for lecture and lab is broken into 3 classes of 60 lulz. Summer isn't full but its still a shitload of people :/

You should have went a bit further north for school and went to Marquette!

Smokey

You need to take advantage of career fairs at UH when you get a chance. They are really good and if you keep your grades in check with that degree you'll have all types of choices for employment down here.

You need to take advantage of career fairs at UH when you get a chance. They are really good and if you keep your grades in check with that degree you'll have all types of choices for employment down here.

I'll have to check those out - thanks for the heads up. I am already trying to get my foot in the door at my roommates workplace. He's a civil eng at an offshore engineering company and they need interns to do some drafting. Hopefully i can get in then start to network like crazy.

McNei1y

is it pretty easy to get a full 6 for NHL? Seems like it could be incredibly fun

Yeah. It's very easy. Most of the time, though, we would do 3v3 because no one wanted to be the goalie. And if someone were brave enough to be the goalie, we'd usually get smoked in club matches. I still had fun either way, though. But yeah, a lot of the times we had 6-10 people so we would play in house 3v3, 4v4, or 5v5 games.

TheCrow

Thats whats up. DePaul is a quality university and you have the added benefit of smaller class sizes being as its private. I'm jelly of that. Petroleum Eng is only taught at public universities so I have to deal with much larger class sizes(core classes will hopefully be smaller). Calc has room for 180 for lecture and lab is broken into 3 classes of 60 lulz. Summer isn't full but its still a shitload of people :/

You should have went a bit further north for school and went to Marquette!

You're right about the smaller classes, I remember how at U of I there were full auditoriums for some classes.

And Marquette wasn't even on my radar once DePaul became an option. Born and raised in Chicago so I jumped at the opportunity to go back. I also love that I'm set career-wise due to their local network of alumni. Everyone at my current company graduated from DePaul.

Edit: Definitely do what smokey said, and see if your school has a private job listing website for students.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
All nighter for Calculus? Pfft. Breezed through math up until differential equations. That's when shit got real.

Sorry about above. I have not paid attention to anything and the release date on Amazon said 12/31 so I took it as gospel haha.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Updated PS4 Madden league!

1)Shake
2)Ez
3)Luke
4)FMT - maybe
5)Rinse
6)Somnia
7)Story
8)Crow
9)Ferny
10)AT
11)Az
12)Smokes
13).1000 - maybe
14)Drizz
15)pheephee
16)trashcanman
17)boobs
18)Neily via peer pressure
19)DCX- maybe
20)N1ghtz
21)GCQ
22)GOOS
23)bird - maybe
24)rors - hopefully!
25)DM's ghost
26)Cola

FMT/.1000/DCX - time to change that Maybe to a YES :)

Yes. Best chance is to find a gamestop that still has preorders. Go today!

Geez, I signed up for it as soon as it was mentioned, and I don't get a spot.

Never skip a Madden League, gents, you will be exiled 4 Life!

You're right about the smaller classes, I remember how at U of I there were full auditoriums for some classes.

And Marquette wasn't even on my radar once DePaul became an option. Born and raised in Chicago so I jumped at the opportunity to go back. I also love that I'm set career-wise due to their local network of alumni. Everyone at my current company graduated from DePaul.

Edit: Definitely do what smokey said, and see if your school has a private job listing website for students.

Yeah, its dumb trying to teach an auditorium full of people. I could see that working for some classes(maybe) but how can you really effectively teach that many people?

That's awesome, man. Glad everything is working out for you!

All nighter for Calculus? Pfft. Breezed through math up until differential equations. That's when shit got real.

Sorry about above. I have not paid attention to anything and the release date on Amazon said 12/31 so I took it as gospel haha.

It's the pace that's starting to catch up to me :/

It's a 16 week course crammed into 5 weeks... which is really 4 weeks because the finals are a half week(2 days) and no new material that week, just review.

edit--

Also, you didn't answer me for PS4 league. If it launches in Late OCT/Early NOV, you in?????????????

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
It's the pace that's starting to catch up to me :/

It's a 16 week course crammed into 5 weeks... which is really 4 weeks because the finals are a half week(2 days) and no new material that week, just review.

edit--

Also, you didn't answer me for PS4 league. If it launches in Late OCT/Early NOV, you in?????????????

You know it.

Updated PS4 Madden league!

1)Shake
2)Ez
3)Luke
4)FMT - maybe
5)Rinse
6)Somnia
7)Story
8)Crow
9)Ferny
10)AT
11)Az
12)Smokes
13).1000 - maybe
14)Drizz
15)pheephee
16)trashcanman
17)boobs
18)Neily via peer pressure
19)DCX- maybe
20)N1ghtz
21)GCQ
22)GOOS
23)bird - maybe
24)rors - hopefully!
25)DM's ghost
26)Cola
27)Splat of War
28)Welli (only if he helps me with my calc homework)
29)Lonestar

ALMOST THERE!

Nightz

49 bells.

i forgot to buy turnips :(

I got to the game at like 11:55 yesterday and didn't have any money at the time. I was only able to buy 10 for 106 bells each. :(

And for the obligatory Dota 2 talk...Dota 2 releases this summer.

And just for the heck of it, this made laugh this morning:

U0eyE2P.gif

eznark

Banned
Can you use an external hard drive with the PS3? If not what type of hard drive do I need to get? Since I am obviously going to be keeping plus I figure I may as well put a monster hard drive into the ps3

Can you use an external hard drive with the PS3? If not what type of hard drive do I need to get? Since I am obviously going to be keeping plus I figure I may as well put a monster hard drive into the ps3

I think you can use an external, but you can replace the internal one with any internal laptop HDD.

BigAT

Probably not much, aside from everyone having access to it without the absurdly minor inconvenience of finding a key. Maybe it just means they will have the tutorial finished? I don't think they will have all the heroes in at that point and I can't think of anything else big that would really qualify it as being "finished". I suspect it's mostly just a matter of semantics that will also help generate press for them to coincide with TI3.

Top Bottom