• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Thread of Oh We Just Play DOTA2 Now

Ferny

Its dumb that admins closed the PS4 and X1 threads. Both threads were actually pretty civil and contained good conversation.

Mrbob

Its dumb that admins closed the PS4 and X1 threads. Both threads were actually pretty civil and contained good conversation.

Fanboy wars generate more traffic.

Also, its happening.gif:

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20130611PD207.html

PS4 components reportedly start shipping in June

The upstream supply chain reportedly has already started shipping orders for the PlayStation 4 (PS4) in June, and volumes may reach one million units per month by September for the year-end holidays. Meanwhile, volume shipments for Microsoft's Xbox One are expected to start in the third quarter, according to sources from the upstream supply chain.

The PS4 reportedly is manufactured by Foxconn Electronics (Hon Hai Precision Industry) and the Xbox One by Pegatron Technology, while their components are supplied by Lite-On IT, Lite-On Technology, Foxlink, Asia Optical, Kinko Optical, Newmax, Foxconn Technology, Coxon, Nishoku, Elite Advanced Laser, Tong Hsing Electronic Industries, Adda, Delta Electronics, Chicony Electronics and Neng Tyi, the sources said. However, Sony and Foxconn declined to comment about the rumors.

Not surprised. PS4 components are fairly standard. MS is the one with the more exotic system. Sucks to suck to have chosen DDR3 and ESRAM intead. Sony created a simpler, more powerful, and more cost efficient system with better component yields.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I doubt you get a launch one that way. Lauch units were gone in less than a day

I know you dont want to, but just go find a gamestop! lol
I got an email Friday that my preorder became a launch unit. I ordered around 10 AM the day after the conference. Thank you based amazon.

Mrbob

I just finished House of Cards season 1 on Netflix. Kevin Spacey is a boss. Amazing show, so happy season 2 has been announced.

Ramirez

I think those of you that believe the first iteration of next-gen Madden will be as good as or better than the 360 version are fucking nuts.

You talk as if this past years Madden was amazing.

Also, as I've said a million times, PastaPadre tweeted a while back that the next gen versions were focusing on a more sim game, while the current gen was going for more ballhawk/heat seeking tackles.

EA's also said countless times that they are prepared this time, unlike the previous gen. BELIEVE.

BigAT

You talk as if this past years Madden was amazing.

Also, as I've said a million times, PastaPadre tweeted a while back that the next gen versions were focusing on a more sim game, while the current gen was going for more ballhawk/heat seeking tackles.

EA's also said countless times that they are prepared this time, unlike the previous gen. BELIEVE.

Tag quote.

Isn't one of the ex MLB The Show guys heading the next-gen effort of Madden? I think he left Sony San Diego a couple of years ago to take the job.

Give me The Show's attention to detail in Madden combined with EA's superior net code and we may finally have a winner on our hands.

Doesn't BF4 release on 10/29 as well?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Isn't one of the ex MLB The Show guys heading the next-gen effort of Madden? I think he left Sony San Diego a couple of years ago to take the job.

Give me The Show's attention to detail in Madden combined with EA's superior net code and we may finally have a winner on our hands.
Watch it be a netcode guy

Zep

Banned
Watch it be a netcode guy

It was the guy who helped turned the MLB series around. At one time that series was dead in the water. Hopefully he got rid of all the David Ortiz's.

Also, I saw a Madden 25 interview where they said they have an ex-lineman programming the trenches. They said the same exact shit when Madden 06 was coming out.

It was the guy who helped turned the MLB series around. At one time that series was dead in the water. Hopefully he got rid of all the David Ortiz's.

Also, I saw a Madden 25 interview where they said they have an ex-lineman programming the trenches. They said the same exact shit when Madden 06 was coming out.

and madden 06 (xbox) was the greatest madden game ever :(

Madden 06 next-gen...Remember, the game you bought.

yes? what does that have to do with anything? we have been bamboozled in the past, maybe it's going to happen again! which is why i said our options are open!

i did check out some gameplay footage of next gen madden and it seemed to perform well enough. impressions will tell the story!

Zep

Banned
yes? what does that have to do with anything? we have been bamboozled in the past, maybe it's going to happen again! which is why i said our options are open!

i did check out some gameplay footage of next gen madden and it seemed to perform well enough. impressions will tell the story!

They look a lot more prepared this time around. The gameplay footage looked decent enough. I'm in 'see it to believe it' mode about the lineman being upgraded. I would need to see a whole game be played.

Rorschach

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aQnmAaQaTE

i like the downfield blocking here but until pasta or someone who knows about madden gets their hands on the final game we wont know if blocking is actually improved or another BS company line

Why does he keep running towards the sidelines when there's a wide open fucking hole there?! Bet you suction tackling is still in.

If owner mode is in, does that mean we can turn on coach firings for our franchise?

McNei1y

How long do you think these launch bundles will be up for on Amazon? I don't even know why I'm asking since I know the answer but I'm just trying to justify paying 450+ right now when I'm unemployed.

BigAT

How long do you think these launch bundles will be up for on Amazon? I don't even know why I'm asking since I know the answer but I'm just trying to justify paying 450+ right now when I'm unemployed.

Amazon doesn't charge until it ships, so you it doesn't hurt you to place a preorder now to reserve it.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Do yall remember in 05 when the first 360 game footage came out via codes you got at Burger King and typed in to a website? It looked like complete shit.

Top Bottom