• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Thread of Oh We Just Play DOTA2 Now

Mrbob

I finished Fall and am onto Winter in Last of US, hot damn. I love my multiplayer based games too but TLoU makes such a compelling argument to continue creating story focused single player games.

Plus, the relationship between Joel and Ellie completely shits on Booker DeWitt and that psycho chick he was attempting to save. Ken Levine am cry.

I finished Fall and am onto Winter in Last of US, hot damn. I love my multiplayer based games too but TLoU makes such a compelling argument to continue creating story focused single player games.

Plus, the relationship between Joel and Ellie completely shits on Booker DeWitt and that psycho chick he was attempting to save. Ken Levine am cry.

You are just a mindless drone regurgitating the same ol reviews you've read! Bioshock is legit!

BigAT

Could someone explain the "Instant Game Collection" feature on PS+ to me?

I legit don't know what it is

If you pay for a PS+ subscription, you can download the games they put out for free for as long as they are available (~1-2 months), but not after that. After that though, you can play the games whenever for as long as you have still have a subscription.

LukeSmith

If you pay for a PS+ subscription, you can download the games they put out for free for as long as they are available (~1-2 months), but not after that. After that though, you can play the games whenever for as long as you have still have a subscription.

So really, cross-game chat, general UI/accessibility, mindshare and persistent state (people caring about their gamerscore) are the only things that keep Xbox Live as a believed advantage of the Xbox?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
So really, cross-game chat, general UI/accessibility, mindshare and persistent state (people caring about their gamerscore) are the only things that keep Xbox Live as a believed advantage of the Xbox?

Id argue online games seem to run a bit smoother on XBL (See the forsaken Madden 09 league)

Though id guess/hope that gap would be closed come next gen.

eznark

Banned
Id argue online games seem to run a bit smoother on XBL (See the forsaken Madden 09 league)

Though id guess/hope that gap would be closed come next gen.

Yup that has definitely been the case.

The other thing is the store itself. Sonya store is fucking awful.

LukeSmith

They should build a good web front end that interfaces with the console so that I can buy games from work and they download on my home machine. I feel like Microsoft has some version of that

BigAT

Yeah, it's unfathomable to me how a program can run so poorly on the device it was designed for. How did they allow that to get released? It's one thing to make poor decisions when it comes to UI, but the PSN store can barely run at all.

Ferny

Are you guys going mostly digital next gen or are you guys sticking with discs? I think i'm done with discs for the most part.

Rorschach

Are you guys going mostly digital next gen or are you guys sticking with discs? I think i'm done with discs for the most part.

I've been done with discs on PC, but I'm not ready to go that route on consoles.

[edit]Though, it would have saved my Madden copy from being scratched to hell and back... but I count that as a blessing for me and for the AFC! And we get blu rays next gen so less possibility of that.

[edit2]Wooooah XBone has dedicated servers for all games? Whaaaaaat? That's awesome. How does pay2p2p defense force feel about this?

Somnia

Not every game. COD and Need for Speed I believe both said the are p2p still.

Basically MS is offering dedicated hosts through their Azure network for really cheap. According to Respawns thing they put out today to explain how they are using it. I assume most online games will use dedicated hosts through MS. We shall see.

Mrbob

Console digital pricing sucks too much for me to make the full switch. I'll stick with discs.

Shame MS got rid of the best Xbone feature: Being able to install games from disc and not need the disc in drive to play.

Mrbob

That dedicated server stuff seems rad. Next week when they drop Kinect I'm pumped to grab a pre order.

Yup. Easily the best aspect of the Xbone experience.

My only hesitation is I want to see the true uptake. These servers are offered at a discounted rate. They aren't free. We'll see how many publishers will be cheap asses and stick with P2P.

Not every game. COD and Need for Speed I believe both said the are p2p still.

Basically MS is offering dedicated hosts through their Azure network for really cheap. According to Respawns thing they put out today to explain how they are using it. I assume most online games will use dedicated hosts through MS. We shall see.

I thought they mentioned dedicated server support along with the announced increase from 15,000 to 300,000 servers for the bone.

Though they do have to power the cloud to infinity so maybe that's where all the juice is going!

Nightz

Gamestop didn't have a red XL so I had to go with stupid boring blue. You guys better have all the fruits I need!

I bought my wife the pink one yesterday and even I have to admit that the pink/white combo beats both red and blue.

What's your FC? Add me 3282-2339-5706. A bunch of fruit just grew back today.

Rorschach

Been so out of the loop, I didn't know about the xboxone80 until today. I had no idea Sess was so in the tank for Microsoft. What difference does it make to him? He also really seems to hate hardcore gamers. It must suck to be stuck in this field when you hate your reader/viewership so much, but where else would he go?

Holy shit! We have a spoiler button!

Rorschach

cereal?

and what a glorious 180 it was. Only one person left boycotting and that's Ez cause he doesn't want the gov't watching him play videogames!

I'm not boycotting, but I don't really want to get one. Maybe if Titanfall is cancelled on PC. I know lowest common denominator will drive most games, so 100 dollars cheaper seems like a good deal.

I like Adam Sessler, what's your deal Rors?

Like him all you want. I ain't stopping you.

I'm not boycotting, but I don't really want to get one. Maybe if Titanfall is cancelled on PC. I know lowest common denominator will drive most games, so 100 dollars cheaper seems like a good deal.

Yep!

I think madden gaf is still all on the PS4 hype train, which is awesome for day 1 next gen madden! No power struggle :)

Rorschach

Whatever, Killer Instinct sucks! It has nothing on DriveClub.
This is true.

Lol if you aren't buying you're boycotting!!

You're a child shake!
I should say actively boycotting. I might buy it down the road if it garners enough exclusives, but right now it doesn't interest me. Just like the WiiU didn't and doesn't.

[edit] Oh wait, I get what you mean. :p

[edit2]I finally have time to play a game... and I have no idea what to play. I forgot wtf I was doing in P4. I wonder if my Vita still has power. That would be amazing. Maybe I'll finally get to RDR.

Ferny

AC is downloading guys.
3AQmK.gif

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Ok i think i got this mumble shit set up. Was a huge pain in the ass trying to get the Windows and whatever onboard special audio shit this laptop has to recognize the turtle beaches and not have the mic on the laptop going too. Unsurprisingly, Windows 8 is a big clusterfuck with everything.

Ill need to end up testing it later to see if i got the levels right.

Top Bottom