• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Thread of Oh We Just Play DOTA2 Now

Ferny

DAMNIT Trasher! You killed the surprise!.

Yeah, AT and I are captains. They haven't put up the stand in list yet and I may have one spot on my squad so once the list goes up, i'll let you guys know. Hopefully I can pick one of you up since I know you all would be reliable.

McNei1y

How come I wasn't the first pick in the first round? I'm the best DOTA talent out there. I should be choosing my team like LeBron.

McNei1y

I said I was gone this weekend! I had to live the music festival life this past weekend. Put me in coach. I'm ready to play.

McNei1y

If you joined us on Thursday, you would've heard them! Speaking of which, noobteam#1 won that game without AT. It was cool.

eznark

Banned
Just updated to the latest beta drivers for nvidia cards and now my screen is just blank. The monitor light is blinking like it is trying to latch on to the signal but...nothing.

How do I roll back the driver if I can't see amything??

McNei1y

I'll be around tonight. Not trying to go past 11:30pm EST though. So if anyone's trying to play some before then, let me know!

eznark

Banned
5 v. 5 sucks because some of you idiots play your mains or guys you are really good at and ruin the fun for everyone. If we are going to do it we need to settle on heroes for everyone prior to the match,

eznark

Banned
Yeah but then guys can trade and shit so that doesn't work either. We don't want to fuck over people who are just getting started with shitty heroes just because we know Trasher will try and take the best of the shit because he is king tryhard.

Yeah but then guys can trade and shit so that doesn't work either. We don't want to fuck over people who are just getting started with shitty heroes just because we know Trasher will try and take the best of the shit because he is king tryhard.

Well if you're doing reverse captain's mode, you can just make sure they all get shitty heroes.

Trasher

wtf is this?!

I was the one who made the rule that AT and I couldn't play carries! Then it was overturned!

I think we should do reverse captain's mode and also choose the heroes for specific players.

Last night we had enough vets that we tried to play a normal game though. You weren't there EZNARK! You don't know me!

Trasher

Real talk: No such thing as a shitty hero.

All the heroes can be good at your skill tier (except micro intensive heroes probably, aka CB3 on Lone Druid). It's mostly about the teamwork that makes or breaks a game.

eznark

Banned
Real talk: No such thing as a shitty hero.

All the heroes can be good at your skill tier. It's mostly about the teamwork that makes or breaks a game.

Real talk: giving CB a choice between NP, PL, Meepo, LD and Chen is idiotic since he doesn't yet know the basics.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Real talk: giving CB a choice between NP, PL, Meepo, LD and Chen is idiotic since he doesn't yet know the basics.

You mean like the time trasher did the random draft and i ended up picking the bear because i didnt know better?

That shit was awful

LukeSmith

I am not going to say a whole lot about the DS4 until I've used it a ton at the office, but as someone who despises the DS3, I think the 4 is much improved vs the DS3 and it's not an impediment to playing games like I felt the DS3 was.

eznark

Banned
You mean like the time trasher did the random draft and i ended up picking the bear because i didnt know better?

That shit was awful

Yeah, sucks to have to micro.

Ha I just edited my post to include that example.

More real talk: You couldn't play those heroes well either!

I'm ok with Lone Druid and enjoy Nature's Prophet. I'm fucking lost with Chen and I've never played the other 2.

Ferny

I felt like our team just had better teamwork yesterday than the other team did. I mean yeah NP sucks in general but Trasher was jacked and CB played like a CHAMP freezing people all over. That's just how it goes. The other team had AT and Luke who have both played the game for a long time. We had Trasher and myself and we also had CB who is the newest of the bunch to start playing.

LiveWire

So now that this is the official DOTA thread...

I won (?) a prize in a match last night and after Prof. Smith informed me that I can't open it without paying money, I have no use for it. It's a incandescent wax chest. If anyone wants, let me know and I'll transfer through Steam.

LukeSmith

I felt like our team just had better teamwork yesterday than the other team did. I mean yeah NP sucks in general but Trasher was jacked and CB played like a CHAMP freezing people all over. That's just how it goes. The other team had AT and Luke who have both played the game for a long time. We had Trasher and myself and we also had CB who is the newest of the bunch to start playing.

We should've run the newbies against each other in lane. Sending Somnia mid against Trasher is not viable.

I could take the same teams run the draft back and have a game that at least makes it 25 minutes before I call GG and drop. Lina/CM are a good easy lane combo and I'm glad CB and Crow are getting practice with them, it's probably not a whole lot of fun for guys just starting out who know very few characters to have the only heroes in their stable banned and I'm glad we didn't do that

Smokey

Just updated to the latest beta drivers for nvidia cards and now my screen is just blank. The monitor light is blinking like it is trying to latch on to the signal but...nothing.

How do I roll back the driver if I can't see amything??

Safe mode w networking
Go to Geforce. Com and download a set of drivers that worked for you and save it to a USB drive
Go through the clean install process

It's what I do.. I have like 7 or so drivers on a USB stick for when stuff like this happens

eznark

Banned
Safe mode w networking
Go to Geforce. Com and download a set of drivers that worked for you and save it to a USB drive

It's what I do.. I have like 7 or so drivers on a USB stick for when stuff like this happens

I restarted my computer and it worked fine. Shrug.

LiveWire

Safe mode w networking

Damn I thought only AMD cards had problems anymore...

Smokey

AMD has major problems when using crossfire, and they are releasing drivers at the end of July to fix that. Makes games almost when running in crossfire. On nvidia side 320.18 were giving people lots of problems, but I didn't have any issue with them and I use a fairly complicated setup between the two cards and 3 monitors. Really inconsistent stuff from them as of late.

Top Bottom