• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Mario Kart DS topic!

koam

MadraptorMan said:
I am so steamed right now. I bought a D-Link Wireless DI-524 router from Amazon.com because it was a good deal and also 5-star compatible on Nintendo's router list. Well, I got Mario Kart today, and what's this? It won't connect. So I go to Nintendo's wifi site; lo and behold they have revised their list. My version of the router, v. A2, is NOT compatible AT ALL with the service, only version C1 is. Thanks a lot Nintendo, screw you.

I have the exact same router is you, mine works perfectly.

Teddman said:
See my post about the DI-514 above, it may well work for your 524 too.

Unfortunately my setup does not even have a "basic rates" setting. I tried long preamble instead of short, but that didn't help either. :(

Teddman

MadraptorMan said:
Unfortunately my setup does not even have a "basic rates" setting. I tried long preamble instead of short, but that didn't help either. :(
Have you tried checking http://forums.nintendo.com/ on the Nintendo Wi-Fi Technical board? There is a lot of discussion about the DI-524 going on there, including a stickied thread by a moderator.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Hahhaha lets try that again!

Havent had any games with more than 2 players total start yet =(

Teddman said:
Have you tried checking http://forums.nintendo.com/ on the Nintendo Wi-Fi Technical board? There is a lot of discussion about the DI-524 going on there, including a stickied thread by a moderator.

Yeah, I just checked out the thread. Using advice from there, I got it to connect, but now when I try to search for anyone (worldwide or otherwise), I just get Error Code 85020. I dunno if that's because of Nintendo's service or if I'm still having problems?

jman2050

Well, I'd like to know who added me so far so I can get to playing. I added Akia, error2k4, TeknoRobby, borghe, and veigue so far.

Damnit!

Went to Best Buy today, they hadnt gotten a shipment. Walked a long way to Gamestop, and they were sold out.

"did you preorder" the bastard asked with a smirk

No. If I preordered I would have said "can I pick up my preorder" not "do you guys have new copies of mario kart DS?"

And then I hit virgin megastore.

They had EVERY DS game, some Id never seen in stores before...

Dig Dug. Nanostray. Pheonix. Trauma Center. The dogs. Zoo Keeper.

Every game but Mario Kart!!!

Can all of you please stop playing until I get my own copy?

tenchir

Just so you guys know, a lot of texture from animal crossing(just look for AC fansites) can be used for MKDS emblem.

jonleung_link.gif

mrcool_zeldalogo.gif

lionheart2k4_link.gif

alioth_statuelink.gif

drdeadite_sonic.gif

ortsacmas_triforcetile.png

dpickle4_rarelogo.png

I am using this one.

frankgrimes_ocarinaoftime.png

MrCheez

:lol damn I just can't seem to win so far.

searching now. must have big game!

Gio_CoD

Banned
Spencerr said:
*embarassed face* how do you power slide?
Press and hold the R button.

And why the hell can't I find a match on Wifi? It just searches forever. Nintendowifi.com says they are having "intermittent" problems, but I'd say it's probably more accurate to say they may be having intermittent success.

jman2050

What the hell were you doing in Delfino Square? That race was yours before that happened :lol

And how do you like my emblem :p Decal Maker <3

Akia

My bro wanted to play I left after the first race. So I let him VS. you. It was a terrible mistake.

NEVER AGAIN! Now my record stinks 7-6..:(

jman2050

Akia said:
My bro wanted to play I left after the first race. So I let him VS. you. It was a terrible mistake.

DON'T MAKE EXCUSES

:p

Nah, I was wondering how you were good in the first race but not in the other three :lol

I'm still searching, if you are.

rawk

Anyone else having problems connecting to the worldwide network? I can connect to Nintendo WFC but can't find anyone in my searches. Nintendowifi.com says "Global Wi-Fi Service is experiencing intermittent problems"... anyone else?

MrCheez

Papi said:
Sorry, MrCheez. I was in the dining room eating breakfast and the connection in there was shit.

No prob :)

Hoping to still get a few more games in with you guys before the night is out!

Edit: I think I have everyone in the thread added now :O Don't forget to add me, doods!

Top Bottom