• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Mario Kart DS topic!

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Woo!! First race of Mario Kart online! (And I won!)

Friend code:

Game is rocking my brain out, btw.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Kaijima said:
Woo!! First race of Mario Kart online! (And I won!)

Friend code:

Game is rocking my brain out, btw.

Well obviously someone is able to online :(

kiryogi

Banned
here's mine just incase folks missed it in the other thread:

kiryogi

Man, I should stop playing at work. I have around 12 losses on Nintendo WFC right now ;-; Had to quit when a customer comes in XD I've had a few good matches with unison so far though.

Bought a DS today just for this!

My Friend Code:

4 3 8 1 4 6
1 3 8 5 2 1

I've lost 5 times in a row and won once! I'm loving it!

robot

Why in the hell cant you carry items on your back and block in wifi?

Pretty much changes my whole strategy.

EDIT: We should get a list of friends name/codes going on the 1st page of this thread - seems like alot of people picked this up.

tenchir

robot said:
Why in the hell cant you carry items on your back and block in wifi?

Pretty much changes my whole strategy.

Had to change my strategy too. You can still shoot green shell or lay block/banana behind you, do those block the red shells? If you can, then it's a timing issue now.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Friend code is:

Nickname is Z$. Just got home to my new DSL router with wireless. I can't connect to any players, but I'll tinker with it later.

robot

phantomile co. said:
are some of you guys actually racing right now? i can't connect to shit.

doesnt seem like anyone can connect other than w/ friends, but even with that it took me awhile.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Oh, so you fuckers picked up the game en masse and now no one can connect?

:(

Well, Nintendo will get their shit together, then all will be good.

I had a couple of great matches last night. Won some of them unconditionally. Lost some of them unconditionally. The remainder made for some close 2nds and distant 3rds.

tenchir

Tenchir 6, GAF 0.

Is there no one to truly test my skills?!?!?!

My list is full now, so if anyone hadn't add me by the end of the day tomorrow, I will remove them and add newer names.

can't even connect to any friends. perhaps none are on at the moment.

well, hopefully it's back up after hours, but something tells me that's not gonna happen.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
The manual claims that you CAN add beyond 60 to your friend list, but that the oldest friend will then be removed.

Duderz

Banned
I only got to play one online match thus far, and that was earlier in the day. So the majority of my time has been unlocking various stuff.

Rainbow Road in this game is pretty sweet, but Bowser's Castle takes the cake for me!

maynerd

Banned
Trilobyte - That was great! I enjoyed racing with you!

I swear though I passed that finish line first on that last race!

Enjoy your win..I will have my revenge!

Memles

Just played some single-card multiplayer with a friend. I'm waiting until Christmas for it, and this has only made the wait more unbearable. I mean, it's fantastic. Really like the new courses, enjoying the battle mode courses he has open, and I really like the tight control. I'm not sure which hand is cramping more, though. Neither are terrible, but it's definitely there.

I'm kickin' ass, which makes not being able to go online SO painful. I'm blowing 'em away on the classic tracks, especially.

trilobyte

Holy crap that was enjoyable Maynerd! those were a couple of heated matches! We ended up in a tie for one match, and I won the second match --- BARELY! (that almost ended in a tie too :lol )

anyway got some work to do, so had to quit. We will meet again :D

tenchir

FreakyFink said:
You did give me a whoopin'. :(

Don't worry, you weren't the only one I whooped. :)

NOW TO FIND MORE FRESH GAF MEAT!!!

edit:
Tenchir 8, GAF 0.

WTH? It didn't record 3 of my wins, I have 5-0 instead of 8-0. Arg.

maynerd

Banned
trilobyte said:
Holy crap that was enjoyable Maynerd! those were a couple of heated matches! We ended up in a tie for one match, and I won the second match --- BARELY! (that almost ended in a tie too :lol )

anyway got some work to do, so had to quit. We will meet again :D

HAHA awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best game EVAR!

yellloooow.. got this yesterday - don't have online yet (by the time i will hopefully nintendo's servers can handle it :)

in the meantime i did a nice decal - a fairly detailed captain falcon from GP legend - BUT
its a bit too detailed - so i want to do another one.. BUT - i want to keep the falcon one..

is this possible or is it one decal only? it looks like it :(

tenchir

opkal said:
dammit Tenchir, I fell apart in the last two races.....:(

Was it because you saw how awesome I was? J/K.

Tenchir! I challenge you to a duel!!

I am sated for the night, going to add you once I get rid some of people tomorrow if they don't add me.

Finally finished my emblem.

z.jpg
[/IMG]

fallout

tenchir said:
Had to change my strategy too. You can still shoot green shell or lay block/banana behind you, do those block the red shells? If you can, then it's a timing issue now.
Yep, they block red shells. It's an excellent strategy and certainly not as easy as just holding down 'L'.

AirBrian

I hate you all.

demi said:
My penisdongle shipped, just have to sit back and...patiently...wait...it...out...
Same here. I did breeze through 50cc and unlocked
Daisy and Dry Bones
. My friggin' wrist hurts though. :-(

Oh yeah, greatest Mario Kart ever.

Top Bottom