• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Mario Kart DS topic!

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
CVX, your connection just crapped out on me.

Edit - Is that why you disappeared from my map suddenly? :lol

cvxfreak

Mejilan said:
CVX, your connection just crapped out on me.

Edit - Is that why you disappeared from my map suddenly? :lol

It said you disconnected, and I went straight to the select screen again... hm...

But yeah, at the beginning, I reversed. :lol

EDIT: evilromero on now. :D

EDIT 2: You know, I may be the problematic user here. Gah.

Good game evil.

rawk

added

error2k4

trilobyte

yanhero

freakyfink

tknrobby

akia

add me if you want

nick

And uh... what does the lock icon next to the friend name mean?

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
It told me YOU disconnected, and booted me back to my online game selection screen. I never actually disconnected from the service itself, however, like when I was playing against Catalyst. Meaning, it wasn't my router again.

koam

civilstrife said:
My code:

I really hope some of you guys add me. Phantomile and koam and Kobun especially, I'd love to play against you guys.

BTW koam, I got my copy at centreville today like you said. It actually was the last copy :)

You must have gotten late, me and my friend got our copies for $33.50 (price match) at arounf 6pm.

I'm done for the night, DS's battery is dying and I need to do dishes before I go to bed. MAYBE i'll come back later but I doubt it. I added you btw.

Oh and before i go, phantomile, who's your daddy?

Ford Prefect

GAAAAAAAAY
Error2k4 said:
i added CVXFREAK, Cold-Steel, phantomile, lambtron, Koam... I'll keep adding
I added you a while ago, along with a most of the rest of you. ADD ME TOO

carolino

(Iwazaru: Nice match! I just can't keep a lead, can I? :lol)

Bebpo

Banned
Just got back from Frys where they hadn't even put it on shelves yet.

So I go into multiplayer and it's not showing any groups! I'm sitting 5 feet from a wireless router that's running fine and was 5/5 stars on the official list in that other thread.

What am I missing? Did I need to buy some kind of wi-fi adapater to stick into the DS side?

Sanjuro

I think I'm having trouble. I'm connecting to the WFC service no problem, but have been sitting in the Regional or Worldwide lobby for over 7 mins waiting for a game. Checked router settings everything fine and connects fine up until this point.

My 12 digit code is -

Could someone please add me and try and start a game that way.

I added civilstrife.

koam

Where can I find my stats?

Also, what's my nintendowifi id? Is that my friend's code? I'm trying to link my id on nintendowifi.com

Matlock

Banned
Mejilan said:
Speaking of which, how does one do the drift mini boost on a straightaway without totally veering into the first direction you choose?

It's just a jump to the left
And then a step to the right
put your hands on your hips
and bend your knees in time
But it's the pelvic thrust
That really drives you insane
Let's do the Timewarp again
Let's do the Timewarp again

Whip to one side a bit, hop to the other, then pull against it on the drift mini boost. Hold the drift as long as you can, and let it go when you can't hold it anymore.

do you even have to be on someones list to play against them? i just played again flez, and he's not on my list. i think so long as they're on your list, you can connect to them.

Actually I was also there around 6, koam.

Its a bit of a longshot, but are either you or your friend black?

Also, I'm not sure I got the last one, but the clerk thought is was and handed it to somebody before realizing that he got it from the back for me.

The guy looked so sad :(

Akia

Bebpo said:
Just got back from Frys where they hadn't even put it on shelves yet.

So I go into multiplayer and it's not showing any groups! I'm sitting 5 feet from a wireless router that's running fine and was 5/5 stars on the official list in that other thread.

What am I missing? Did I need to buy some kind of wi-fi adapater to stick into the DS side?

go to Nintendo WFC not multiplayer.

All you need right here

http://www.modojo.com/features/20051110/21/

Kai

Great games Kingshf....

Anyone that hasnt added me please do... im going back through the thread to add everyone!

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Sorry papi, not trying to back out of matches with you... trying to get my real life friend to be able to join in on the action too XD For some reason it wouldn't let him in on that match.

AirBrian

Matlock said:
Okay, since I hated the hell out of Double Dash enough to completely skip it (but the drifting turbo works pretty well)...is there a difference between the blue and yellow sparks? I've found that drifting is quite a bit faster than regular driving, even on long straight stretches, so if that small blue spark will give me a bigger turbo...well, I just can't think of an advantage in it. :\
The blue sparks are like "mini-sparks." Once you see the blue sparks, keep going back and forth (left and right on the d-pad) until the orange sparks appear. The orange sparks is the good turbo.

Sanjuro

civilstrife said:

Also, I'm not sure I got the last one, but the clerk thought is was and handed it to somebody before realizing that he got it from the back for me.

ZoMG racist!

cvxfreak

evilromero said:
I was just schoolin you CVS and we got disconnected!

But I was winning :lol (not because of skill though, I just got two stars in a row :lol)

Unison, can you post your code again? Can't seem to find it.

fse

phantomile co. said:
do you even have to be on someones list to play against them? i just played again flez, and he's not on my list. i think so long as they're on your list, you can connect to them.

good game btw. your on my list. added ya a while ago.

tenchir

FreakyFink said:
What happened to my re-match, Tenchir?

Don't know, having connection problem, I think it is my cordless phone that is affecting my connection since I also got disconnected when playing with Iwazara when the phone rang. You guys did kick my ass in the first round. Going to change my router's channel to see if the phone still affects it.

koam

civilstrife said:

Holy shit! That was YOU? Yeah my friend is black. The clerk handed me the copy by accident and then gave it to YOU. He had more copies though.

You made me sad you bastard! But I got mine too hehe :p

rawk

i've added just about everyone, but i can't find anyone in my searches. oh well, nintendo server problems maybe?

cvxfreak

Mejilan said:
It told me YOU disconnected, and booted me back to my online game selection screen. I never actually disconnected from the service itself, however, like when I was playing against Catalyst. Meaning, it wasn't my router again.

Strange... I think I may be at fault here. Ask Defensor, I get disconnected from Outbreak File 2 all the time :lol

Akia

I was just disconnected from WFC. Right when I finished adding people to my list too.

I reconnected. Searching friends right now.

koam said:
Holy shit! That was YOU? Yeah my friend is black. He handed me the copy and then gave it to someone. He had more copies though.

You made me sad you bastard! But I got mine too hehe :p

hahaha holy shit I knew it!

I just got a GAF vibe. I was also standing right behind you at the cash.

Holy fuck, thats awesome. Especially because I only knew to go there because you told me.

Also, sorry about taking your copy :lol
you looked so sad. The guy literally tore it from your hands. Happy to see that you got one in the end though :)

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
haichi and unison added.

waiting for:

CVXFREAK
bobbyconover
koam
evilromero

to add me.

Bebpo

Banned
WFC says internet is fine and dandy.

I go to start a game and it's been searching for opponents for like 4-5 mins now. It found one person and then they dropped, so I'm currently finding nobody. Does no one in So. CA have this damn game?

just added you civilstrife.

now, where the fuck is everyone at? im only getting one friend when it searches, and im not about to do some one on one race.

koam

civilstrife said:
hahaha holy shit I knew it!

I just got a GAF vibe. I was also standing right behind you at the cash.

Holy fuck, thats awesome. Especially because I only knew to go there because you told me.

Also, sorry about taking your copy :lol you looked so sad. The guy literally tore it from your hands.

Haha awesome, did you price match also? Nah I wasn't sad, I had my back up plan of going to the one at atwater. You know what's funny, i could have swore this conversation started over at the IGN boards. Small world, very small.

Top Bottom