• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Mario Kart DS topic!

Stryder

So I haven't managed to get a friends game going yet, mainly due to the fact that I think you need both 'friends' need to add each other to their lists, I suspect a lot of people haven't added me..

Is there anyone online now?
My friend code is : 201923/243616

edit: Just added you piccolosan, am currently searching for friends to play online, hopefully it will pick u up. :)

I added you too eloist, searching for friends still.. :)

oh btw, my nick on it is 'Dancube'.

GG Shamrock! :)

-- Edit --

* Stryder --> I just added you to my Friends List. Add me. :O)

* elo --> You want to turn your cart while jumping to start sliding. I usually let go of the
* control pad while I jump and only start to perform the motion to powerslide once my
* kart is firmly planted on the ground. You want to let go of the power slide when you
* have some sort of straight-a-way. Usually use it at the apex point of a turn. It helps
* a little if you played Forza or Gran Turismo since tackling corners in those games helps
* since you want to boost in specific spots around corners.

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
piccolosan said:
GG Shamrock! :)

-- Edit --

* Stryder --> I just added you to my Friends List. Add me. :O)

* elo --> You want to turn your cart while jumping to start sliding. I usually let go of the
* control pad while I jump and only start to perform the motion to powerslide once my
* kart is firmly planted on the ground. You want to let go of the power slide when you
* have some sort of straight-a-way. Usually use it at the apex point of a turn. It helps
* a little if you played Forza or Gran Turismo since tackling corners in those games helps
* since you want to boost in specific spots around corners.
Thanks for the hints :)

Stryder: I added you.

My info:

eloist

Good games tonight. Mario Kart is semi-random due to the items so even when I lose, it's still fun. I think everone hates the blue shell though. lol I did notice something. Is it possible to outrun the red shells like in Double Dash? Red Shells have an uncanny homing ability this time around it seems.

callous

piccolosan said:
Now I don't feel bad since I'm not the only one that has problems with Yoshi Falls. I still don't quite understand how to tackle that stage. Powersliding in the water usually works against me lol

Same here. I cannot decide what the best line is and if it's worth it to go through the water when you have a shroom.

Added you, Stryder. My code: 047304 430802. Going to bed now though. Tommorow!

DyersEve

Everytime I try to get into friends games nothng happens, either that or its takeing forver to find someone. Come guys add me!!

DyersEve07

Ive added alot of you on here, how can you tell if someone has added you to their list?

When you look in, records > friends, it will say something like "If you still see this screen after connecting check your friends code again" when your cursor is over a person who is on your list and you are not on theirs or they have not gone online with you added yet.

callous

Very good! My first 4 player game with Gaffers, too :) But goddamnit, of course we had to have TWO Yoshi Falls in a row at the end. The one track I invariably lose on. ArrRRgh!

Hehehe.

P.S. How the hell do you tackle that track?

SantaC

callous said:
Very good! My first 4 player game with Gaffers, too :) But goddamnit, of course we had to have TWO Yoshi Falls in a row at the end. The one track I invariably lose on. ArrRRgh!

Hehehe.

P.S. How the hell do you tackle that track?

hehe It's a fun track, however not my favorite!

btw you didn't play with 4 gaffers. you played with me and two swedish people from loading.

I was in #mariokartonline on quakenet, and they were like, who the hell is callous ;)

I've added:

eloist
Oni Link 666
Shamrock7r
Gazunta
AirBrain
SCruZer
piccolosan
Error2k4
akia
GaiaThery
Stryder
DyersEve07
smilesNC
Gunstar

And I'm about to get on for some matches if anyone wants to join up.

Oooooh damn. That wario stadium match was nuts, gunstar.

Haha, finally got you on one ;P Good match.

I gotta go get laundry. Be back on in a few.

SantaC

callous said:
Ack. I was just on and didn't get to meet any of you. This system is pretty fucking far from perfect.

yeah it's very simple and works fine, but i wish I could choose whom to play with and not just randomly.

Hi,

Are you guys making sure to lock each other as well?

Heres my details. I've posted them in the main forum, and on Demi's site too...

GA name: radioheadrule83
WFC name: Beads
Real name / Location: Tom, Liverpool UK

I've currently added:
Demi, Callous, SCruZer, Smiles & Cries, Matlock, Gunstar, AirBrian, Gazunta, Scrow

anyone else wanna join up?

SantaC

radioheadrule83 said:
Hi,

I've currently added:
Demi, Callous, SCruZer, Smiles & Cries, Matlock, Gunstar, AirBrian, Gazunta, Scrow

added

radioheadrule83 said:
Hi,

I've currently added:

added

AirBrian

Good games, SaC and Earl. Damn, Earl, you are fast.

Added:

radioheadrule83
biodegradablebean

Gotta run for now, but I'll be back on in a few hours.

Thanks mate, you really did pull out all the stops in the 2nd cup. Really threw yourself into it and caught me out on DK Pass, bloody snowballs. :(

roman2k

I can't believe how awesome the online mode is. Just had my first 4 player match which I've won.

Still searching for friends:

roman2k

Top Bottom