• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Mario Kart DS topic!

roman2k

radioheadrule83 said:
I've just added you to roman2k...

just starting a worldwide game now, but if anybodys about after that i'm game! :D

Thanks!

Added so far:
gazunta, scrow, gaiatheory, santacruzer, beads, demi, johnharker, callous, littlewig

number386

I was playing some games online last night and it matched me up with a (Anthony NOA*) he had a crazy record of 158-1, and a guy with a racist name, and emblem. The game started and the racist guy was not in the race he probably got scared and turned his DS off. Anothy NOA* was in the race but within 5 seconds of the start of the race he quit out, I'm assuming he left to ban the guy. :lol

japtor

didnt know where the hell this thread went, just found it today...
kiryogi said:
REMATCH JAPTOR! GWARG WTF XD I was really messing up my lines @_@

edit: urgh i forget that daisy has the highest item luck XD Haha at the blue shell ploy tho. In any case, crazy nice matches. :D
and i should be 4-0 against you, we were matched up before through either rummy or bobby in a 3-4 person race.

and i was using daisy, but not her kart. i just use her cause shes awesome. and annoying to some others. you were beaten by my usual yoshi kart.

Smiles and Cries said:
can't seem to get any wins off GAF

going back to playing rivals for a bit :D
have you added me yet? i need some more wins! i mean uh...im not that good, race me for easy wins!

as for recent experiences:
i forget his name, but he was like 48-9. i gave him #10.

raced a friend that is just bad for some reason (he said he went through 100cc fine). almost lapped him on baby park, but hit the center wall on the last turn. on wario stadium i spun out on the start on purpose, then waited for him at the finish line at every lap, and gave him a turn or two lead. i usually got back ahead by the 3rd or 4th turn or so. then i finished the race backwards after waiting for him at the line. on delfino i took the alleyway shortcut with no powerups. also finished backwards.

Anyone? Anyone?

stein.jpg

Added you Oni Link.
I'm getting a 4p game everytime I choose worldwide, a lot of people playing their first game as well. Welcome fellow Europeans.

Manabanana said:
AH, wtf! Man, Gunstar those races were great. I just got DC'ed.

Yea man, great back and forth action. Looking forward for more awesome matches with you. :D

The 4-player with Al and Airbrain was nice too. This game fucking rocks.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
21 people on friends list, and no one is every on anymore :(

Did GAF get sick of MKDS already?

used to be so busy...

Chittagong

Gold Member
Just added the first batch

Callous
CVXFREAK
DavidDayton
DCharlie
Deku
demi
F_Elz
Gaia Theory
JasoNsider
Koam
Kobun Heat
Littlewig
Matlock
olimario
olubode
Johnny Nighttrain
radioheadrule83
rawk
Razoric
SantaCruZer
sp0rsk
TekunoRobby
xsarien

ps mrklaw, your friend code on the webpage is incomplete

Chittagong

Gold Member
SantaCruZer said:
added you crazy finn.

I registered you but it's not showing a closed lock for some reason. Worked with callous however.

EDIT: I need to read the fucking manual more often. I can close and open the lock. Your code is cool.

DyersEve

I dont understand the win and losses scoreing. I have played only 8 matches and it says that I have won 8 and lost 11. Where did the extra losses come from?

demi

DyersEve said:
I dont understand the win and losses scoreing. I have played only 8 matches and it says that I have won 8 and lost 11. Where did the extra losses come from?

If you play a 4 player race and you get 4th place it counts for a loss to each player (3 losses)

Or if you play a 3 player race and you get 2nd place it counts as 1 loss and 1 win

DyersEve

demi said:
If you play a 4 player race and you get 4th place it counts for a loss to each player (3 losses)

Or if you play a 3 player race and you get 2nd place it counts as 1 loss and 1 win

Ok I see, thanks.

callous

SantaCruZer said:
damn I need to learn the snaking technique or I have no chance against they who uses it.

I can almost do it, but it basically sucks all the fun out of it for me. It becomes more of a decathlon-like game where you pound the d-pad all the way through. It kinda stops feeling like a racing game. Also, I can't make it work in my favor, so I'm not quite there yet. Unfortunately, we'll probably only see more and more snaking.

Oh, also saw my first real idiot. It's an amazing testament to just how far an idiot will go to find something that can annoy other people even when he is as limited by the interface as he is in Mario Kart, but this guy found a way. During the selection screen, he'd continually choose and unchoose bowser so as to make the rest of us listen to his annoying growl for the entire countdown. Only when the counter was at 2 did he choose the character he was going to play with (Yoshi). That means he has actually taken the time to figure out which character's sound was the most annoying. These are the things that make me fear for humanity.

SantaC

callous said:
I can almost do it, but it basically sucks all the fun out of it for me. It becomes more of a decathlon-like game where you pound the d-pad all the way through. It kinda stops feeling like a racing game. Also, I can't make it work in my favor, so I'm not quite there yet. Unfortunately, we'll probably only see more and more snaking.

yeah I am annoyed by the fact that if you exploit this "bug" perfectly on a straight stretch you have no chance as a "normal" driver.

callous said:
During the selection screen, he'd continually choose and unchoose bowser so as to make the rest of us listen to his annoying growl for the entire countdown. Only when the counter was at 2 did he choose the character he was going to play with (Yoshi). That means he has actually taken the time to figure out which character's sound was the most annoying. These are the things that make me fear for humanity.

Aww, I kinda like it when people do that. It's silly and harmless, and only lasts a few seconds. What I hate is when you get stuck with a group of 3 who pick the same track every time. I got stuck racing on Luigi's Mansion, one of my least favorite tracks, 4 times in a row this way.

As for snaking, I don't really think it gives you a massive advantage. I've raced alongside Yoshis perfectly snaking their way down straightaways many times without them gaining much of a lead over me. Besides, being slightly behind is an advantage in a way, since it just means you'll get all the good items.

Top Bottom