• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 09 The Show League Season 1 of Please don't drown us in lag Sony!

LJ11

Tedesco, won't be able to play tonight. I'll make time tomorrow for sure, just let me know what works best for you.

LJ11

After the 2nd game, I received a message that the servers were down for maintenance, not sure if you experienced the same thing. We can finish up later if you'd like, or tomorrow, whatever works best.

Good games, second had a bit of lag, but the first was pretty smooth. Second series in a row where I've had a no-hitter into the 7th, only to lose both the no-no and the game. I couldn't pick up the slider/curve from both Arroyo and Harang, nasty stuff.

Tedesco!

LJ11 said:
After the 2nd game, I received a message that the servers were down for maintenance, not sure if you experienced the same thing. We can finish up later if you'd like, or tomorrow, whatever works best.

Good games, second had a bit of lag, but the first was pretty smooth. Second series in a row where I've had a no-hitter into the 7th, only to lose both the no-no and the game. I couldn't pick up the slider/curve from both Arroyo and Harang, nasty stuff.

Believe me, I think you picked up Arroyo's curve. That's where your HRs came from.

LJ11

Tedesco! said:
LJ11 - Wanna finish the series tomorrow? I'm out of town on Thursday.

Yeah, I'll be free tomorrow. Got caught up with hockey and baseball tonight and forgot about the last game. I'm pretty free tomorrow so just name a time.

Tedesco!

LJ11 said:
Yeah, I'll be free tomorrow. Got caught up with hockey and baseball tonight and forgot about the last game. I'm pretty free tomorrow so just name a time.

I am good pretty much anytime after 4 est. What's good for you?

Jman posted in the NBA thread so I sent him a friendly reply:

Originally Posted by jman2050:
These finals have been destroying my psyche and that's why I've been distracting myself playing and programming games instead of posting in here. All I'll say is that quite a bit has to be addressed if the Magic even want to think about coming back and winning this series.

Me: Get your punk ass on MLB: 09 The Show and take your beating. Or did you not get all the posts/PMs/friend invites/AIM stuff I sent you?

SHOTS FIRED. :D

LJ11

Good series dude, fluke HR by Miller was the difference. Miller is pretty overrated in this game, dude is nasty.

Sanjuro and Bob are my next two opponents. I would like to get both in by Sunday night, because I'm going to be out of the country next week, I'll be back on Friday. I'm free the next 4 days, so let me know what works best.

Mrbob

LJ let me know when you can play. I'll be home this weekend. Not available tonight though.

Also, for some reason the game isn't technically advancing the week in the commissioner settings. Hopefully some glitch didn't happen. It could be we can flex the rest of the season now, so advancing the week doesn't really pertain. In any case lets see if we can get season 1 done ahead of time. We have 4 weeks left in the season, and since we can flex to the end lets just get our games in!

If for some reason the league settings did get screwed up we can do the playoffs outside of the league setup.

I also just cleaned up the league so all active members should still be available.

Tedesco we play next!

Tedesco!

Mr. Bob I'll be out of town until Monday. I'm visiting family, so I can't schlep my PS3 like I did last time. Unless you want to start playing around 11 est tonight.

ummm MrBob you might want to clean up the league again...
The Frankman from NBA thread said:
jman2050 from NBA Thread said:
Circumstances changed and I don't have the time to continue the league. I thought I told MrBob this :/
Wait WHAT? I never saw this... man I'm sorry then. Also MrBob didn't post anything, I'm looking in the thread. :(

Mrbob

Grrr, ok. He said he was busier but didn't say he was quitting. Guess you get some free wins then.

It is a shame too because he is a good player.

Mrbob said:
Grrr, ok. He said he was busier but didn't say he was quitting. Guess you get some free wins then.

It is a shame too because he is a good player.
Wait hold on then. I want to make SURE he's quitting. PM him again.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
START SEASON 2 GRRR... ARRGH...

DCX

DCX
The Frankman said:
Hey play me. Give ya a chance to se Carlos Beltran hit one out of Tropicana Field. :D
Why don't we play our series early? Given our current opponents aren't meshing well with our schedules.

DCX

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Mrbob said:
Hey maybe you should stop avoiding aim all the time so we could scrim some more online!

I want league play,scrim play Ive done far too much.I NEED A CHALLENGE THAT MATTERS! :D

DCX

DCX
Great game Frank, and fuck Sony! I'm still having these dumb ass throw to home on every fucking play deals. It's going to lose me a game, right along with the runner not stopping and just running right through even if i didn't send him.

I'm glad C.C. did his thing tonight if not i would have lost because of those dumb plays. Frank, you played great...a duel indeed. :D

DCX

Game 34, 1st game of series @ Citi Field:

Yankees - 1 - 6 - 0
Mets - 0 - 3 - 0
Final

A bit laggy for my tastes, it was the first person to score probably wins. I really need to learn how to use chat in-game, I was going to mutual quit and play it later. Perfect example: bases loaded and 1 out, he grounds back to he wound, I'm trying to get rid of the ball quick for the double play. For some reason the pitcher takes 5 years to throw to 2nd (I quicktapped it, WTF?), as a result I get no one out. I get out of it with 1 run scoring but that was basically the game. Another controversial 1-run loss, I can't even blame my hitting because I don't know if I was bad because I was bad or the lag. Ugh...

Mrbob

I can play a game or two in about an hour if you want.

I don't know if I'll be free tonight, but I should be available during the day tomorrow as well.

LJ11

Mrbob said:
I can play a game or two in about an hour if you want.

I don't know if I'll be free tonight, but I should be available during the day tomorrow as well.

Cool, 2:30 eastern ok?

GQman2121

Banned
Is Core407 around? He hasn't posted in thread is a loooong time and can't receive PM's. He's in first place, so he's obviously playing.

Mrbob

Core is on aim from time to time. You should be able to find him there. I'll send him a message you are looking for him if I see him online.

Tedesco I might be able to get a game or two in tomorrow night. I can play after 10PM est every night this week.

Mrbob said:
Core is on aim from time to time. You should be able to find him there. I'll send him a message you are looking for him if I see him online.

Tedesco I might be able to get a game or two in tomorrow night. I can play after 10PM est every night this week.
When will you advance the week? I flexed to DCX since Jman is apparently out.

Mrbob

Anything goes free reign time. Get your games in! :lol

I hope it isn't a league glitch, but I can't advance weeks anymore or decide games. I'm hoping once all the games are done the playoffs start! Cross your fingers!

DCX and I had to friendly quit, lag was bad. Does anyone know if SONY servers have had problems today? Played a practice game and it ran decently... usually I don't lag much.

Tedesco!

Mrbob said:

I will see you shortly after 10 est tomorrow then, good sir.

Top Bottom