• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 09 The Show League Season 1 of Please don't drown us in lag Sony!

Game 26, 2nd game of series @ Turner Field:

Mets - 1 - 7 - 0
Braves - 2 - 8 - 0
Final

Tough loss. Santana allowed a solo jack to Matt Diaz early (missed the cursor and an outside corner FB goes up the middle on a 0-2 count :C) and pitched a good game, but this loss was on the hitting. Kept swinging at balls and blew numerous RISP opportunities. How many DPs can Sheff hit in one game? Sheesh, the 2nd and 3rd 1 out chance I blew (strikeout, popup) killed me. Another tough loss in a Santana start.

On a sidenote, what do you people think about holding the R2 button? I use it on quickpitching opponents, to me it's like stepping out of the batters' box. I try not to do it too frequently and use it as a "Hey, slow down" tool", but some people don't get the message.

EDIT: Okay, now I'm back to being pissed. I thought it was a rule that everyone in the league 4-Stars everyone else unless the connection is horrib-bad. We had good connection and he leaves me 3 STARS? WTF?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
The Frankman said:
Hey Matrix when I play you in Season 2 are you going to download the sound pack that makes the Houston crowd booo Carlos Beltran every AB? :lol

I might for fun :lol I'm over him and the whole thing though cause at this point he wouldn't be able to help this shitty Stros team.

"On a sidenote, what do you people think about holding the R2 button? I use it on quickpitching opponents, to me it's like stepping out of the batters' box. I try not to do it too frequently and use it as a "Hey, slow down" tool", but some people don't get the message."

Not a fan of doing that myself.I hate it when random douches I play do that to me unless the game is lag free.If it's not lag free it can really fuck up the pitcher imo.

I can understand slowing the game down some,which I will usually take a pitch here and there when I'm batting to regain my composure.

I just find the whole hold down the button thing a little cheap,but that's me.

PS....seems Core hates you Frank :lol

Tedesco!

Good series Dez. The 1st and 3rd game were pretty competitive, as I only lost each game by a run. I don't know what happened in game 2. :D

A couple of things I noticed:

The strike zone is all kinds of messed up. Obvious strikes are balls. Balls not in the strike zone are strikes. Up is down! The video game umps are on the take!

The game is still fucked when it comes to lineups. The game insists on having Brandon Phillips play 1st, Joey Votto play 2nd, and Laynce Nix play catcher. Granted, I am an idiot for not figuring out how to swap positions, but still to do it every game is getting annoying. Votto had something like 4 or 5 errors in a row. Nix, on the other hand, threw out every runner that tried to steal 2nd. I might leave him in.

GQman2121

Banned
I noticed that strike zone shit too in my first game with Bob on Tuesday. I walked the first two batters (who later scored) because of it. It also doesn't help that Bob is a pretty disciplined batter. The worst part is hearing Vasgersian rub it in your face with his comments about it. :p

This is easily one of the best sports games ever made, but they do have to work on their roster issues because at this point this lineup stuff is just embarrassing.

Dez

Tedesco! said:
Good series Dez. The 1st and 3rd game were pretty competitive, as I only lost each game by a run. I don't know what happened in game 2. :D

A couple of things I noticed:

The strike zone is all kinds of messed up. Obvious strikes are balls. Balls not in the strike zone are strikes. Up is down! The video game umps are on the take!

The game is still fucked when it comes to lineups. The game insists on having Brandon Phillips play 1st, Joey Votto play 2nd, and Laynce Nix play catcher. Granted, I am an idiot for not figuring out how to swap positions, but still to do it every game is getting annoying. Votto had something like 4 or 5 errors in a row. Nix, on the other hand, threw out every runner that tried to steal 2nd. I might leave him in.

Haha.. you can set your lineups prior to the game, and it'll save the lineup. It's just that everytime there's a roster update it fucks up.

I didn't notice anything wrong with the strike zone.. just the normal variable umpire that sometimes misses calls.

BTW ppl i'm still undefeated in this league, someone step up!

jmd494

Obscure question...is there any way to let people play online with both people getting to be the Phillies (Phils vs. Phils)?

We both are Phillies fans and it sucks we can't both be them.

Is there a roster out there with two Phillies teams?

Mrbob

You can't use the same team online unfotunately.

I see one game left between the mets and braves and two left between the rays and nationals. Are you guys going to play these today? Otherwise I'm going to advance it online. I won't be home today, so if you will play them I'll hold off until I get back early PM tomorrow, but that is the cutoff time.

Just FYI, after this week I am going to hard 5 day schedule for the weeks. I'm looking at the schedule, and we can get this first season done by the end of june/early july by not going over the 5 day period. If you are going to be gone for a set period of time play your series ahead of time, flex scheduling now should allow you to play your games through the rest of the first season. This way season 2 can start early july right around the all star break!

Smokey

Mrbob said:
Just FYI, after this week I am going to hard 5 day schedule for the weeks. I'm looking at the schedule, and we can get this first season done by the end of june/early july by not going over the 5 day period. If you are going to be gone for a set period of time play your series ahead of time, flex scheduling now should allow you to play your games through the rest of the first season. This way season 2 can start early july right around the all star break!

i agree with THIS

and then i can make my debut with the 09 champs (houston astros) in season 2

make it happen boss!

Mrbob said:
You can't use the same team online unfotunately.

I see one game left between the mets and braves and two left between the rays and nationals. Are you guys going to play these today? Otherwise I'm going to advance it online. I won't be home today, so if you will play them I'll hold off until I get back early PM tomorrow, but that is the cutoff time.

DON'T ADVANCE THE WEEK YET!! I HAVE MY NIECES OVER AND IT'S HARD TO PLAY RIGHT NOW!! GIMME UNTIL SATURDAY NIGHT!!!!

Game 27, final game of series @ Turner Field:

Mets - 1 - 3 - 0
Braves - 6 - 10 - 1
Final

I really need to start playing again...

After Chipper Jones usual bullcrap HR (he hit a FB a foot outside) I'm down 2-0. I get two on in the 7th and make it 2-1 on a WP 3rd strike not recorded. 1st and 3rd, 0 out. Sheff strikes out, Tatis hits a sac fly which he scores and should tie the game. SHOULD. After I''m safe at home guy throws to 1st and they say I'm doubled off. I was like huh?

After that I was gone. 4 runs in the Bottom of the 7th and that game. I go back to replay that thing because I knew I was Hit and running but I had thought I got back to tag... I check the replay... As Rasheed Wallace says, "THE BALL DON'T LIE"

No Rasheed. The ball sometimes does lie. I got back and tagged fine. Should've never been a DP and I should've had runner on 2nd, 2 out and a 2-2 game. Lord...

EDIT: He just 3-starred me again with a lag-less connection... Can someone PM him and tell him the fucking rules?

LJ11

DCX said:
Great game...i should have left Coke in...i blew it, good patience there in the 11th.

DCX

Dude, the lag killed us, what a cheap hit by Bonifacio. It might have been a good game if the lag died down, but it never let up. Hopefully the next couple of games are smoother.

Mrbob said:
Week advanced. Remember we are on a strict 5 game schedule now. League advances Friday morning!
Hmm... Mets vs. Rangers. Is jdawg still around or is this a bye? Because that would mean 3-4-5 get skipped and I can redo my starting rotation now from:

Santana
Maine
Redding
Pelfrey
Hernandez

to

Santana
Pelfrey
Redding
Maine
Hernandez

Mrbob

You can redo your rotation, he is still gone.

Hopefully I can add Zambrano back to the mix tomorrow. Also with tomorrows roster update they better fix all the screwed up roster positioning.

Mrbob said:
You can redo your rotation, he is still gone.

Hopefully I can add Zambrano back to the mix tomorrow. Also with tomorrows roster update they better fix all the screwed up roster positioning.
I just e-mailed the MLB 09 guys about this. It doesn't bother me too much but we'll see. I jsut wish they made the fixes to the pitchers who throw pitches that are omitted on MLB 09.

DCX

DCX
LJ11 said:
Dude, the lag killed us, what a cheap hit by Bonifacio. It might have been a good game if the lag died down, but it never let up. Hopefully the next couple of games are smoother.
Hey wanna try for tomorrow? I'll be up most of the night.

DCX

Mrbob

You guys are lucky its E3 time and the forums have been down for a day. :p Because of this I'll extend this week one more day, but come saturday I am advancing.

GQman2121

Banned
I just blew a no hitter to Corran in the 7th, in the most embarrassing way possible.

Its a routine pop up right behind second base, and I press R2 which causes Furcal to dive. I take control of Hudson, but he just stands on top of the shadow with his hands at his wayside, as the ball comes crashing down to the earth to shatter my dreams. I blame these damn Real Triggers, which I love. But fuck did they ever get in the way at the wrong time. :(

Currently we're having a hell of a time getting the game to even allow us to play.........

Edit: Commish, Corran and I can't get the game to connect after selecting pitchers, so we're asking that our final game go to the coin. Cheers.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
GQman2121 said:
I just blew a no hitter to Corran in the 7th, in the most embarrassing way possible.

Its a routine pop up right behind second base, and I press R2 which causes Furcal to dive. I take control of Hudson, but he just stands on top of the shadow with his hands at his wayside, as the ball comes crashing down to the earth to shatter my dreams. I blame these damn Real Triggers, which I love. But fuck did they ever get in the way at the wrong time. :(

Currently we're having a hell of a time getting the game to even allow us to play.........

Edit: Commish, Corran and I can't get the game to connect after selecting pitchers, so we're asking that our final game go to the coin. Cheers.
First game I blew it and couldnt get the lead back. 2nd game my offense just completely blew...

And ya...coin toss our last game.

DCX

DCX
lag sucked. the dreaded home plate throw reared its ugly head like three to four times! I swear this has happened like 15 to twenty times this season!!! Good hard fought games, got a lucky inning here and there and pulled it out. 19-14 and it's good for 5th, it would be good for second in the National League....bummer

DCX

LJ11

DCX said:
lag sucked. the dreaded home plate throw reared its ugly head like three to four times! I swear this has happened like 15 to twenty times this season!!! Good hard fought games, got a lucky inning here and there and pulled it out. 19-14 and it's good for 5th, it would be good for second in the National League....bummer

DCX

Yeah, good games man, lag did suck. I was trying to be fancy with the slider, and every time I hung it went out of the park or right into a gap. Just a suggestion, cut off the ball more when throwing from the outfield, L1. Still a fun series, even with the nutty base running and lag.

Man, how are you guys able to play consistently with such horrible lag in this year's game?

Did Sony ever saw why the lag got WORSE this year?

Anyway, if anyone's down for some games, hit me up -- PSN: CartridgeBlower

Mrbob

Week has advanced!

Next week ending Thursday Night, get your games in. :D

I think week is advanced????

Not at home but advanced it. I went to unplayed games but its still on the current week. I'll have to double check this when I get home tonight.

Top Bottom