• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 09 The Show League Season 1 of Please don't drown us in lag Sony!

Mrbob

Frankman you would worry more about your hitting than your pitching. :p You need to learn how to mount an offense! You have hitters on your team too!

Mrbob said:
Frankman you would worry more about your hitting than your pitching. :p You need to learn how to mount an offense! You have hitters on your team too!
The hitting will come around since I could hit in previous incarnations of the game. I can't lose my pitching... and I only played 1 game in over a week. It's hurting me.

yeah, i'm on pete.

Game 24, final game of series @ Citi Field:

Rays - 0 - 6 - 0
Mets - 1 - 4 - 2
Final

Pelfrey might need to be the #2 starter. I had been e-mailing Sony about his limited repertoire and while him and Maine haven't had a curve added, he had his sinker working. I was actually granted the corners by the ump. Whoa.

After 7 scoreless and escaping a bases loaded, 0 out situation in the 8th I get Sheff on advancing on a dropped 3rd strike. Murphy sacrifices him over and Omir Santos gets a clutch RBI single to make it 1-0. I would've liked to had more but a K to Reed PHing (quickpitching with Feliciano batting? REALLY?) and a grounder to SS for Reyes ends the inning.

Unfortunately since I was out of time only Parnell and Putz were warming, not Rodriguez. I bring in Bobby, who allows a single to Longoria. I bring Putz in for Pena, who allows a walk (lol strike zone). I get Frankie warming up in the pen, and pray Putz can hold the lead. K to Burrell, K to Navarro. I bring in Frankie for Bartlett, who lines a single to Sheff (my OFs were shallow the whole inning) but the runner can't score. He PH's Gabe Gross, and Frankie fnally gets him on a curve.

It helps that the practice game I played with I used Pelf, but yeah I need to pick up my hitting. Pete, you threw balls up the middle all series and looked to off me high/out of the zone, and I kept letting you get away with it. Why can't I hit well in this game??? It can't be the zones, even though I seem to hit better without them.

Yo, sorry about the quick pitching, just realized that I might have done that. Usually when I give up runs I get into a mode where I try to get out the inning quick, sorry about that. I promise you there were no bad intentions

Mrbob

Damn I hate having a bye week. :/

The plan right now is to advance the week Friday evening or saturday morning, so get your games in.

Also, I want to see a post game summary once from frankman in which the score is 10 to 8! :lol

I would be shocked if the final score isn't t 1 to 0 or 2 to 1.

Mrbob said:
...Also, I want to see a post game summary once from frankman in which the score is 10 to 8! :lol

I would be shocked if the final score isn't t 1 to 0 or 2 to 1.
... it will never happen unless the 300 practice ABs I take actually start paying off.

GQman2121

Banned
So Ted and I go extra innings again, this time only 19. I strikeout 28 of his batters with 3 different pitchers. Guillermo Mota go's 11 and a third and gunned down 19. He did give up a HR to the first batter that he faced. But after that he settled in and was money.

Really competitive 5 game......errr 3 game series Tedesco.

Played one game against TeethMummy and the lag was unbearable. I thought it would clear up, never did. At one point I wanted to friendly quit but TeethMummy put up five runs to take the lead, so it was too late. Just wouldn't be fair to him.

Im leaving town tomorrow for about two weeks. Thanks to GQman and TeethMummy, who were able to play some of our games earlier than intended, and a nice conveniently placed bye week in between series-es (lol, pretty sure that's not correct), I might not miss more than two games.

I just pitched my second career no-hitter in a 10-inning, 1-0 game. It's funny because you'd think I'd have Santana in one of them, but my no-nos have been w/ Oliver Perez and Livan Hernandez. :D

Mrbob

Week is up soon! Will be advancing Saturday morning so get your games in!

As a side note reminder, if anyone else is interested in infamous like me stay out of the official thread. It has degraded to such garbage (like most gaming threads do) it made me want to log off the forum forever. But I need my account for online leagues so I can keep my sanity here!

Can't wait to face Core407 and the Braves. My hitting has never looked better playing online recently, playing 3 games where I had 10 hits, another w/ 4 homers in a 7 run explosion. I'll need it considering he's hitting .331.

Mrbob

I just advanced the week.

So new week begins! GQMan when can you play!

Here are the current matchups for this week:

Mets vs Braves
bye vs bye :lol
Yankees vs white sox
marlins vs indians
nationals vs rays
red sox vs rangers
reds vs blue jays
cubs vs dodgers

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
So I should assume that season 2 will begin in the year 2010?

Mrbob

Naw I'm going to start getting strict to get this league moving. If it isn't done in 5 days the games are getting flipped or players getting awarded wins depending on who I see is trying to get their games in the allotted time. Time to be a hard ass gm. :/ Most of the league does get done in time, but I notice the same couple keep on holding up each week for the most part. :p

Week is done wed night, get your games in! And GQman let me know where you are! :D

Of course, maybe I should wait considering I can't score runs anymore and forgot how to pitch. :lol

Are you going to be in season 2? Smokey asked about playing too, but said he would take a different team if you are in with the stros.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Yea I'm in for season 2 and I had planned on using the Stros.I was the one who made the original league thread till by elbow went FUBAR.

Whats funny is I can still beat you and I'm not 100% :p

Mrbob

It is those damn stros hittings, I can't get them out. :lol Smokey is kicking my ass lately too with them. Stros batting lineup is awesome. Seriously the 1 through 6 in the game are scary to pitch too. If I make one mistake pitching the ball gets smashed. With my lineup all screwed up right now having Ramirez out, I'm struggling to find a coherent lineup to put on the field. It is amazing how losing one player (albeit my best hitter) can mess with your hitting. :lol

It is killing my defense at third too. Fontenot misses easy ground balls, and his throw is so slow and floaty. COME BACK RAMIREZ.

Hey Matrix when I play you in Season 2 are you going to download the sound pack that makes the Houston crowd booo Carlos Beltran every AB? :lol

btw playing Core and the Braves today. May get in all 3 if he has time.

Mrbob

I'll be home around 10PM est to play tomorrow night. We can get a game or two in then, and then play game 3 wed night!

Game 25, 1st game of series @ Turner Field:

Mets - 0
Braves - 7
Final - quit in the 5th

Y'know for a guy who got 4-5 runs due to lag and had my guy run into home plate w/ the catcher holding to ball 50 feet in front of him for no reason Core is acting like a little bitch.

Basically I allow two mistake homers to Jones and Kotchman due to insane lag (offered to quit in the 1st when it was 0-0, he didn't want to and I probably should've anyway). Bottom line, I can't hit. I need my pitching to be spot on to have a chance to win and when the game lags to the point where it's a stuttering mess and my pitcher is LIVAN HERNANDEZ... I should've just quit anyway. Especially on a walk Core throws a pitch in the dirt (pitcharound to Beltran). I have the controller down because I saw it coming, so Beltran runs to first... and for some reason the runner on 3rd runs home. He doesn't creep forward like what usually happens on pitches in the dirt, he breaks for home. I have no idea what happened considering the controller was on the ground.

Anyway 5th inning rolls around. I take out Livan and bring in Takahashi, who has good control. 7 straight balls later. I feel like conceding and after 3 runs and another 5 out of the zone I send Core a Concede due to lag. For some insane reason he denies and calls me out, saying I'm weak. The game's a mess and either the pitches I throw are up the middle or 1 foot outta the zone. I threw 3 wild pitches in the 5th alone... If I had voice chat I would've cursed him out right there. I'm can't believe this crap, so I just wait out the time limit and take a forefeit.

After the game he tells me this (and I quote):

"Finish the game".
"you got 4 innings"
"you can't putup 7 runs?"
"geez"
"**** is weak (I assume he said shit)"
"bro"
"real weak"
"why are you even in a league then"
"if you can't finish games"

In the chat he calls me weak again and logs off. After trying to play since Saturday and "conveniently" having time JUST AFTER the new update KOs Delgado fuck him. I like how he leaves out the horrendous lag.

Top Bottom