• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 09 The Show League Season 1 of Please don't drown us in lag Sony!

As much as the 40+ demo games I enjoyed I'll like playing a few online games tonight.

Not against you guys, I'll save that for the league.

Mrbob

LEAGUE.

IS.

LIVE.

Game time folks!

Yes you can view your schedule online.

Looks like you can play your series in any order too online interesting. Lets try to play these in order though!

Mrbob

Core we get to play series one, when do you want to roll buddy!

WTF is this interleague shit!@?

I put it in the first post why the surprise! :lol

Its one three game series against every team! Best I could do to get everyone to play each other and not have 90 games.

Core407

Banned
Mrbob said:
Core we get to play series one, when do you want to roll buddy!

Give me like 15 minutes, I just need to eat real quick. I'll send you a message through The Show when I finish eating.

Sanjuro

GQman2121 said:
What the shit? I thought we were playing games in order?
I'm going to be up all night to play games.

I'm getting down for maintenance errors right now from the server.

Sanjuro

I'm really not happy right now.

League games affect my online record. So I get a loss, a disconnect, and you give me a 3-star rating?

Mrbob

GQman2121 said:
What the shit? I thought we were playing games in order?

Flex schedule is turned on by default...I'm hoping most people play their games in order.

I just had a hell of an opening game against Core.

Crazy game I won 13 to 8 ridiculous offense.

Guys, give each other 5 star ratings in the league. Stuff happens with lag it is a two way street in this game with it so don't punish your opponent.

Core407

Banned
Mrbob said:
Flex schedule is turned on by default...I'm hoping most people play their games in order.

I just had a hell of an opening game against Core.

Crazy game I won 13 to 8 ridiculous offense.

Jesus, man. I don't know what happened, I couldn't pitch for shit. I think your whole team was batting like .500.

LJ11

I'll be relatively free tomorrow and this weekend, so whoever has a game against the Marlins post what time works best for you.

SanjuroTsubaki said:
I'm really not happy right now.

League games affect my online record. So I get a loss, a disconnect, and you give me a 3-star rating?

Relax man, the next rating I give you will replace that. I don't know what I can say to make you believe me, I didn't disconnect on you man. What else you want from me?

Sanjuro

pistolpete2940 said:
Relax man, the next rating I give you will replace that. I don't what I can say to make you believe me, I didn't disconnect on you man. What else you want from me?
I want you to rally for the new thread to be named "Official 2009 MLB Season Thread of Why Juniors Fail".

I'm just pissed off. I've been playing this game more than anything lately. I almost have my veteran rating and I have had no disconnects to this point....then I play you. I get the traffic delay most of the game and not really able to use the pitching meter or hit.

So what do you do? You steal from first and then third and I can't do much of anything to throw you out because it is timing. Then the game disconnects and due to you having a lead from such shenanigans, I get the D/C, Loss, Loss of Online points. I spare you a rating hoping I could host or get a better connection going...then you give me a three and proceed to tell me to "BE A MAN" via a PS3 chatroom.

Mrbob

If you guys are getting lag in a games, try to have both players use a wired connection.

This game seems to have a better chance of handling better online if you are both on a wired connection.

Oh and play at night.

SanjuroTsubaki said:
I want you to rally for the new thread to be named "Official 2009 MLB Season Thread of Why Juniors Fail".

I'm just pissed off. I've been playing this game more than anything lately. I almost have my veteran rating and I have had no disconnects to this point....then I play you. I get the traffic delay most of the game and not really able to use the pitching meter or hit.

So what do you do? You steal from first and then third and I can't do much of anything to throw you out because it is timing. Then the game disconnects and due to you having a lead from such shenanigans, I get the D/C, Loss, Loss of Online points. I spare you a rating hoping I could host or get a better connection going...then you give me a three and proceed to tell me to "BE A MAN" via a PS3 chatroom.

I understand that you're pissed. I would be too, but you have to understand that it was smooth on my end. I wasn't stealing bases because I was taking advantage of lag. I was stealing because you had Tim Wakefield's slow ass on the mound and I had Crawford on the bases.

You wanna talk about shenagigans?? How about you throwing home on 2 outs when you would've had the third out at 1st (1st Run)?? How about letting Aki reach third base because you wanted to dive on the floor when you right under the fly ball (2nd run)? So you can't lie, both my runs accounted from errors on your part.

I told you that if you felt like I wasn't playing sim-style with the stolen bases, you could've just spoke up like a man. We did have our mics on.

had a GREAT Exhibition vs. GQman. Had a no-no going into the sixth when I allow a double, passed ball, walk and become a re-re and throw through on his guy stealing 2nd. Of course he scores and it Ends 1-0. I blew an early chance w/ 2nd and 3rd 1 or 2 outs when Luis Castillo K'd.

Also Daniel Murphy BETTER GET FIXED by SCEA.

Sanjuro

pistolpete2940 said:
I understand that you're pissed. I would be too, but you have to understand that it was smooth on my end. I wasn't stealing bases because I was taking advantage of lag. I was stealing because you had Tim Wakefield's slow ass on the mound and I had Crawford on the bases.

You wanna talk about shenagigans?? How about you throwing home on 2 outs when you would've had the third out at 1st (1st Run)?? How about letting Aki reach third base because you wanted to dive on the floor when you right under the fly ball (2nd run)? So you can't lie, both my runs accounted from errors on your part.

I told you that if you felt like I wasn't playing sim-style with the stolen bases, you could've just spoke up like a man. We did have our mics on.
Yes, maybe if I wasn't getting traffic delays and such while the game was going on I would make foolish errors in your "sim-style" game of incredible honor and brotherhood.

Mrbob

The Frankman said:
had a GREAT Exhibition vs. GQman. Had a no-no going into the sixth when I allow a double, passed ball, walk and become a re-re and throw through on his guy stealing 2nd. Of course he scores and it Ends 1-0. I blew an early chance w/ 2nd and 3rd 1 or 2 outs when Luis Castillo K'd.

Also Daniel Murphy BETTER GET FIXED by SCEA.

mets1.jpg

CzarTim

jman2050 said:
Yeah it's a no-go with me and CzarTim. Is this problem being reported anywhere else?
I did a search on the official forums, can't find anything. I've played 2 games online and didnt have a problem with it.

GQman2121

Banned
Yeah it was a good solid game that ran smooth for the most part.

I'm going to hit batting practice hard tomorrow when I get home from work. I should be not be striking out upwards of 15 times in a single game!

That circle change up was just killing me. I would try to prepare for it and then a 95mlh Fastball would burn by me.

I think batting practice and just sitting there with the controller in my hands and NOT swinging, just watching is what I need to do. Nothing but watching for me before my actually league game. I've got to get that timing right.

CzarTim

Mrbob said:
What do you mean no go?

Game won't connect:? Maybe you'll have to try again tommorrow night...?
When either of us challenges, we pick the pitcher and go to where the game should load, but it kicks us both back to the XMB.

From an online search, it appears that a ton of people have this problem on all sorts of games from MGO to Soccom...

jman2050

Mrbob said:
What do you mean no go?

Game won't connect:? Maybe you'll have to try again tommorrow night...?

All three times it got to the point where we chose our pitchers. Instead of putting us to the Lineup screen the game crashed and kicked us back into the XMB.

Dez

DCX said:
The lag blows...Dez is not affected, more as it develops

DCX

:lol i'm affected, i just am good at compensating. The worst part is the game said our connection was "great".

Mrbob

Eww wwhat the heck at getting booted. Try again tommorrow...if anything, you can play the 3 games outside of the league if for some reason you can't connect inside the league. Just let me know who wins the games and I should be able to automatically assign the win after the week is over.

CzarTim

jman2050 said:
All three times it got to the point where we chose our pitchers. Instead of putting us to the Lineup screen the game crashed and kicked us back into the XMB.
I just noticed my lineup in the Leauge menu screen is empty (didn't realize I had to add them) I'll do that now, then maybe it will work.

jman2050

czartim said:
I just noticed my lineup in the Leauge menu screen is empty (didn't realize I had to add them) I'll do that now, then maybe it will work.

We'll try tomorrow. A bit late now unfortunately :/

Top Bottom