• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 10 League: Zep's a No Show....again

LJ11 said:
No fucking way! I even double checked!

Frank, do you know if this is a setting we can turn off once we activate?
... *sigh* only the commish can do it, and by then I'd rather not get everyone to accept THEN find out it's still guess pitch and you can't change it. I'd just reboot.

JambiBum

LJ11 said:
No fucking way! I even double checked!

Frank, do you know if this is a setting we can turn off once we activate?

Yes way lol. I went through and checked everything. That was the only thing that was wrong.

Kingbrave

Finally!! I do have a problem. I won't be around much this weekend because it's my monthly dialysis weekend. I'll play as much as possible but I'll be gone early Friday to sometime Saturday evening or Sunday morning.

LJ11

Kingbrave said:
Finally!! I do have a problem. I won't be around much this weekend because it's my monthly dialysis weekend. I'll play as much as possible but I'll be gone early Friday to sometime Saturday evening or Sunday morning.

Don't worry about it dude, when you find some time play a game. Remember the first 3 series are open, so if you're having trouble finding or scheduling with your first opponent move on to the next guy.

JambiBum

turnbuckle said:
I really need to work on my base running discipline. I've turned many a single into doubles...and many more into outs :(
Some of your mistakes make me laugh a whole bunch. Then I look at my ridiculous fielding outfield which has cost me 3 runs this game and die inside :(

turnbuckle

JambiBum said:
Some of your mistakes make me laugh a whole bunch. Then I look at my ridiculous fielding outfield which has cost me 3 runs this game and die inside :(

Yeah, i was getting upset at those outfielding things happening to you. It seems like the game sometimes randomly decides to not let an OF grab the ball. Totally can kill a player's morale. :(

I laugh at myself all the time :lol

oh crap, typing this my pitcher decided to throw without me. You hit a homerun off of it lol

JambiBum

turnbuckle said:
Yeah, i was getting upset at those outfielding things happening to you. It seems like the game sometimes randomly decides to not let an OF grab the ball. Totally can kill a player's morale. :(

I laugh at myself all the time :lol

oh crap, typing this my pitcher decided to throw without me. You hit a homerun off of it lol

Aw. I thought my sweet fake bunt skills threw you off there. I was cracking up. Didn't work with Konerko though :(

turnbuckle

JambiBum said:
Aw. I thought my sweet fake bunt skills threw you off there. I was cracking up. Didn't work with Konerko though :(

Got time for a rematch? I have to work on my project some more soon, but I"d like a real ace versus ace game :p

turnbuckle

JambiBum said:
Yes I do. Also, can you hear me when I try to use my mic?
I can't. Can other ppl without mics hear you? Maybe I changed some setting at some point to mute mics.

---

Ever since I've learned I can aim my swing I've actually gotten WORSE at hitting. :lol

eznark

Banned
signed in and raring to go

Lame that I can't set my lineups til everyone signs in though. We gonna get a game or two in tonight?

JambiBum

turnbuckle said:
I can't. Can other ppl without mics hear you? Maybe I changed some setting at some point to mute mics.
I never try and use it in this game unless I'm playing you lol. But I should come through your speakers.

And damnit. Was so excited for a two out rally there.

turnbuckle

JambiBum said:
I never try and use it in this game unless I'm playing you lol. But I should come through your speakers.

And damnit. Was so excited for a two out rally there.

Yeah, I was waiting for it myself. I tend to rely on Zumaya a bit too much and often end up paying for it. At least Omar didn't knock one out of the park this time

JambiBum

turnbuckle said:
Yeah, I was waiting for it myself. I tend to rely on Zumaya a bit too much and often end up paying for it. At least Omar didn't knock one out of the park this time

His fast ball is a bitch :lol I really think you should use him as a closer. Late 8th and then of course the 9th. Don't use him so early and you will be good to go.

turnbuckle

8 straight balls. FUUUU

---

I'm moving Dontrelle up to my ace in the official league. Verlander's a scrub:lol

---

This home plate ump really REALLY hates me :p

Kingbrave

LJ11 said:
Don't worry about it dude, when you find some time play a game. Remember the first 3 series are open, so if you're having trouble finding or scheduling with your first opponent move on to the next guy.

That's good.

turnbuckle

MANNNNNNNN I can't get the hang of these running controls. Multiple men on base is basically my kryptonite.

Nightz said:
Are you guys talking trash on the forum as you're playing the game? :lol

Oh yeah, this guy is using a game genie or something. He has Vizquel swinging like Pujols, Peavy throwing like he's still relevant. TOtally unfair :lol

JambiBum

Nightz said:
Are you guys talking trash on the forum as you're playing the game? :lol

Yes! He has a keyboard so he says ridiculous shit during the game so I respond here. I have a mic but apparently he can't hear me. We also do head shakes when we are at bat for when ridiculous shit happens :lol

turnbuckle said:
Oh yeah, this guy is using a game genie or something. He has Vizquel swinging like Pujols, Peavy throwing like he's still relevant. TOtally unfair :lol

OMG :lol :lol Vizquel is my new clutch hitter. Not going to start him ever. Just gonna pitch hit him in the third.

JambiBum

turnbuckle said:
Well, it's good to get all these losses out of the way before they start to count. GG again man
That game was by far our closest one. I was hoping Vizzy would get that clutch hit again just so I could put him on a pedestal again :lol. That rookie you put at the top of your lineup is damn good though. You should keep him there.

I'm very disappointed in you LJ11. Not only do you not take a shot against Zep, you rag on the Mets.

EDIT: As of 8:15 PM EST waiting on:

AL West
* Rangers - Rareside (octoco)
* Mariners - DM (dmczaf)

East
* Red Sox - Sanjuro Tsubaki (Sanjuro Tsubaki)
* Devil Rays - FMT (FrenchMov)
* Yankees - DCX (DCXgaf)

NL West
* Padres - Nightz (N1ghtz)
* Giants - Fixed1979 (Fixed)

Central
* Cardinals - Fifty (Chifty)
* Astros - Miguel (mmolinajr)

East
* Nationals - Livewire (PSN: Atreides815)

rareside

BALLS!

I'm on business in SC right now and I have my PS3 right next to me in my hotel room. They fucking lied! They do indeed have a box on the back that prevents me from accessing the AV channel. There is no source button on the TV. Can't get it pulled up on the TV$!#J$!KJ If I had a screwdriver I could fuck with the TV a bit, but all my tools are at the golf course. Will bring one back to hotel tomorrow night and try to get the PS3 working on my hotel TV.

Worst case scenario is I return back home on Monday afternoon and can login in the comfort of my own home. Don't want to wait that long... see what I can do!

eznark

Banned
rareside said:
BALLS!

I'm on business in SC right now and I have my PS3 right next to me in my hotel room. They fucking lied! They do indeed have a box on the back that prevents me from accessing the AV channel. There is no source button on the TV. Can't get it pulled up on the TV$!#J$!KJ If I had a screwdriver I could fuck with the TV a bit, but all my tools are at the golf course. Will bring one back to hotel tomorrow night and try to get the PS3 working on my hotel TV.

Worst case scenario is I return back home on Monday afternoon and can login in the comfort of my own home. Don't want to wait that long... see what I can do!
pick a gaffer you trust, let them sign you up

LJ11

eznark said:
pick a gaffer you trust, let them sign you up

This. You can change your password to a temp one via the PSN website, erase your CC info, and let someone log in for you.

Fixed1979

I signed in, I saw the Yankees weren't taken so I grabbed them. Hope it's not a big deal.

I kid. Go go Gadget Giants!

JambiBum

Fixed1979 said:
I signed in, I saw the Yankees weren't taken so I grabbed them. Hope it's not a big deal.

I kid. Go go Gadget Giants!

I really thought about taking them. They are my team after all lol. But I have had decent success with the White Sox so I stayed with them. But if DC doesn't end up playing I want the yanks......

turnbuckle

I'm ALMOST done with this damned project. If anyone is up for a game or two tonight, say around 10 EST hit me up in game. I should be an easy W for anyone as I'm both sick, on my second glass of wine, and generally am not very good in the first place. :lol

JambiBum

turnbuckle said:
I'm ALMOST done with this damned project. If anyone is up for a game or two tonight, say around 10 EST hit me up in game. I should be an easy W for anyone as I'm both sick, on my second glass of wine, and generally am not very good in the first place. :lol

I'm watching criminal minds but if you're still around afterward I'll play you again. Maybe now that you're drinking I can get my no no :lol

turnbuckle

JambiBum said:
I'm watching criminal minds but if you're still around afterward I'll play you again. Maybe now that you're drinking I can get my no no :lol

You'd like to think so, but you'll probably end up with a perfect game through 8 innings instead. I'll pinch hit Valverde for Cabrera in the 9th inning as a stupid joke and end up knocking it out of the park. So you'll only win 18-1, but you came pretty damned close!

Top Bottom