• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 10 League: Zep's a No Show....again

DenogginizerOS said:
Storybook,

What are good times for you?

Ready to go right now if you're available.

I'll be available tomorrow after 10 or so. All times EST.

EDIT: I'll be playing one game in my offline franchise and then heading to bed so just message if you see me still on.

JambiBum

Dmncnby2k9 said:
hell of a game Jambi. My bullpen self-destructed in front of my eyes :lol
That was fucking ridiculous. Even more so than the first game lol. My heart was racing that entire inning. Great game.

turnbuckle said:
What, was Omar pretending he was 25 again?

Epic 5 run come back in the top of the 9th. Omar hit a two run double to start it off.

Fifty

Is anyone here having relatively lag free games using a wireless connection? I have a top of the line connection, but I can't go wired anymore..so if it's not possible to have good games without a wired connection, I'm not going to enjoy playing in the league.

Blue Jays - 010 020 010 - 4 - 10 - 0
Mets - 010 002 000 - 3 - 7 - 0

gg, but I call shenanigans. The liner you hit hit in the 8th was caught, or the computer thought it was caught and reacted slow. The stupid animation ran for like 4 seconds and wouldn't let me throw to 1st! WTF is that about???

JambiBum

Fifty said:
Is anyone here having relatively lag free games using a wireless connection? I have a top of the line connection, but I can't go wired anymore..so if it's not possible to have good games without a wired connection, I'm not going to enjoy playing in the league.

I use a wireless and my games are mostly lag free. Every now and then I'll get a hiccup but for the most part it works just fine.

Doytch

The Frankman said:
Blue Jays - 010 020 010 - 4 - 10 - 0
Mets - 010 002 000 - 3 - 7 - 0

gg, but I call shenanigans. The liner you hit hit in the 8th was caught, or the computer thought it was caught and reacted slow. The stupid animation ran for like 4 seconds and wouldn't let me throw to 1st! WTF is that about???
Nah it was just accurately modelling Reyes' lack of hustle and grit. If that was Johnny Mac, it would've been an unassisted triple play. Besides, it evened out the computer not touching second when I was right beside it and hit triangle to try and make that double play that led to 2 runs!

e: Jays just traded for Fred Lewis. We need to reform with new rosters guys.

LJ11

FrenchMovieTheme said:
who do i play and when can you play opponent!?

Week 1

• Rangers vs Orioles
  • White Sox vs Mariners
  • Braves vs Rockies
  • Giants vs Rays
  • Brewers vs Phillies
  • Yankees vs Angels
  • Jays vs Mets
  • Cardinals vs Cubs
  • Padres vs Marlins
  • Nationals vs Twins
  • Tigers vs Dodgers
  • Red Sox vs Astros

Giants are represented by Fixed.

turnbuckle

JambiBum said:
Listened to your game with the sportscast. Good stuff sir.

I gotta check that out. I cracked open the first beer of the night. This shit is strong and I'm not entirely convinced that it's any good yet.

I was lucky to catch Manny on a couple of his bad days, but Ethier made me pay for floating changeup.

Also listened to your advice and had Zumaya close it out. Now that I have to manage my players and pay attention to stamina I don't wanna use him too much

eznark

Banned
pistolpete2940 said:
Wow, great game eznark. I thought that one was over for sure...
Yeah, that was a blast. Pretty sure I'm not going to be able to use Hoffman in online games, dude is just too terrible. Probably going to make Hawkins my closer.

Sorry about the Howard at-bat, I noticed I was rushing right as you did the check swing and felt like a jerk. I just get into a groove and don't realize it.

Let that be a lesson for all of you, check swing or L3 to let me know if I'm rushing you.

JambiBum

turnbuckle said:
I gotta check that out. I cracked open the first beer of the night. This shit is strong and I'm not entirely convinced that it's any good yet.

I was lucky to catch Manny on a couple of his bad days, but Ethier made me pay for floating changeup.

Also listened to your advice and had Zumaya close it out. Now that I have to manage my players and pay attention to stamina I don't wanna use him too much

In order to do the sportscast thing you have to go to the schedule and find a game that you know is in progress. Kind of a pain since it doesn't tell you which ones are already going though.

Zumaya is a good pitcher. You should be fine with him.

And holy shit at this Nightz and KB game. 13 innings.

eznark said:
Yeah, that was a blast. Pretty sure I'm not going to be able to use Hoffman in online games, dude is just too terrible. Probably going to make Hawkins my closer.

Sorry about the Howard at-bat, I noticed I was rushing right as you did the check swing and felt like a jerk. I just get into a groove and don't realize it.

Let that be a lesson for all of you, check swing or L3 to let me know if I'm rushing you.
Don't worry about it man. I do it sometimes without realizing

eznark

Banned
pistolpete2940 said:
Don't worry about it man. I do it sometimes without realizing
Let me know when you'll be around tomorrow. I'm pretty booked up for a lot of the day but evening should be all right for one.

I, uh, thought I had 2 outs.
:lol

You should have seen my awesome attempt at a double play in the first game. Runners on 1st and 2nd, pitcher bunts...I go for the inning ender at second...everyone is safe by a country mile.

Nightz

How do you listen in on other games?

Also one thing that I thought was awesome was how the time of day actually changed. As the game went on the shadows came in. Pretty cool.

JambiBum

Nightz said:
How do you listen in on other games?

Also one thing that I thought was awesome was how the time of day actually changed. As the game went on the shadows came in. Pretty cool.

Go into the schedule and scroll through everyone's names until you find someone you know who is playing. Click on the game and scroll down until you see the sportscast thing.

JambiBum said:
In order to do the sportscast thing you have to go to the schedule and find a game that you know is in progress. Kind of a pain since it doesn't tell you which ones are already going though.

It's easier if you just go in the league lobby. It lists all the players that are currently in game

eznark said:
Let me know when you'll be around tomorrow. I'm pretty booked up for a lot of the day but evening should be all right for one.

Same here

Nightz

Oh nice, listening to Dodgers/Tigers now! Thanks.

AT, ezkranz...not sure if I'll be around tomorrow, but Saturday late afternoon/evening should be good for me.

Doytch said:
Nah it was just accurately modelling Reyes' lack of hustle and grit. If that was Johnny Mac, it would've been an unassisted triple play. Besides, it evened out the computer not touching second when I was right beside it and hit triangle to try and make that double play that led to 2 runs!
You talk alot of smack for someone who ran out before I could issue a challenge for Game 2. Let's go.

BigAT

So how should the rotation system be working? I played one game against DCX tonight, let's say I play Nightz in our first game tomorrow. Should I be using my #2 starter because it's the second game I've played in or do I go with my #1 because it's the first game in a new series? I'm really not familiar with the online league mechanics, is the onus of following a rotation entirely on the user or does the system do anything to restrict/guide things along?

JambiBum

BigAT said:
So how should the rotation system be working? I played one game against DCX tonight, let's say I play Nightz in our first game tomorrow. Should I be using my #2 starter because it's the second game I've played in or do I go with my #1 because it's the first game in a new series? I'm really not familiar with the online league mechanics, is the onus of following a rotation entirely on the user or does the system do anything to restrict/guide things along?

It depends on when the game is. If it's your second series then it should be your 4th starter. It depends on if you use 4 or 5 starters and what game it is in your schedule. But if you start a new series without finishing the first one I'm not really sure how that works.

Mrbob

BigAT said:

Go with a 4 man rotation, and use the pitcher in the order he should be used.

Rorschach

Ugh that second game was horrible. Enough to make me start to hate this game. I don't think it was my PS3 since other games don't do that shit.

Anyway, GGs, turnbuckle.

Mrbob said:
Go with a 4 man rotation, and use the pitcher in the order he should be used.
Well he could go with 4 or 5, the big thing is he needs to use the pitcher who is supposed to go based on what game it is. Going back to last year there are certain exemption to that rule though.

Top Bottom