• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 10 League: Zep's a No Show....again

turnbuckle

Rorschach said:
Ugh that second game was horrible. Enough to make me start to hate this game. I don't think it was my PS3 since other games don't do that shit.

Anyway, GGs, turnbuckle.

Yeah, I really wish we could've paused/saved the game so we could try restarting. If there's a way to undo a game, I'd be willing to take a mulligan and play it again. The game could've turned out completely different. :(

Rorschach

turnbuckle said:
Yeah, I really wish we could've paused/saved the game so we could try restarting. If there's a way to undo a game, I'd be willing to take a mulligan and play it again. The game could've turned out completely different. :(
It's cool. I just wanted the thing over with at that point. Pissed me off because I had a chance. :p

If you guys know how to save lineups, let me know!

Mrbob

I don't believe saved lineups work. :/

I set all my lineups and when I played my league game went back to defaults.

Rorschach

Mrbob said:

I also notice, in offline games, that it doesn't save settings (difficulty, etc). It even asks me in practice mode what difficulty I want, I turn it to that difficulty, go in the game and then it's back to veteran or some shit.

eznark

Banned
I think this trying to keep the rotation set through flex games is retarded. Pitch whoever you want and suffer the consequences if you wear a guy out. Hell, if we went by your rules the Brewers never would have made the playoffs in 2008.

Doytch

Mrbob said:

Hmm, worked for me. You set them in the League screen, right? Not in the offline rosters? I sent Tallet down for McGowan and completely reshuffled my lineups and they were all there.

And yeah Frank, I get up early for work so I had to get my ass to sleep last night. :D

turnbuckle

eznark said:
I think this trying to keep the rotation set through flex games is retarded. Pitch whoever you want and suffer the consequences if you wear a guy out. Hell, if we went by your rules the Brewers never would have made the playoffs in 2008.

I agree.

Mrbob

eznark said:

Not really true. I can see situations where you go to a 3 man rotation the final 3 weeks of the season, but until then managers preserve their pitchers arms during the year.

CC didn't start going on 3 days rest unti the final couple weeks.

eznark

Banned
Mrbob said:
Not really true. I can see situations where you go to a 3 man rotation the final 3 weeks of the season, but until then managers preserve their pitchers arms during the year.

CC didn't start going on 3 days rest unti the final couple weeks.
And if we don't use at least a 4 man we'll suffer for it. Doesn't mean we shouldn't have the option. Sabathia was spot started throughout the season on 3 days rest, not just the end-run marathon.

I'm not arguing because I want to do it, Milwaukees pitchers are all equally mediocre in the game so I gain nothing, but if pistol decided to pitch Halladay again tonight id be thrilled, sine Roy will be less effective.

There are built in mitigators to a short rotation, but if someone wanted tp try it I would love to see it.

LiveWire

If people are flexing games I can't be expected to keep a track of whether they're going to be honest about a 5-man rotation. I'm not an MLB expert and I don't know every team's pitchers by heart. Yea, I guess they risk the chance of a less effective pitcher if they keep using their stud(s), but come on, a 50% C.C. Sabathia is worth like fifteen 100% John Lannans.

Anyway, Dmncnby2k, I won't be free until tomorrow afternoon to play our series. I should be good around noon Eastern through 6 Eastern tomorrow (Saturday the 17th) to play.

Eznark, granted what you're saying is somewhat true rotations are also announced well beforehand also. Hell, we did that last year in the MLB 09 League. No one's saying you can't use a 4-man, but you have to maintain that rotation UNLESS you announce a change prior to a series. BTW who's suffering for using a 5-man rotation?

Nightz

Doesn't the game put the next man in your rotation at the top of the list when you're selecting your pitcher pre-game? Pretty sure it did that in my games against Kingbrave last night. I'm too lazy to keep track so I'll just roll with whoever is on top of the list.

Edit: As for the lineups, I got mine to stay. Did you guys set your lineups for all four pitcher types: LHP w/ DH, LHP w/o DH, RHP w/ DH, RHP w/o DH? Probably a silly question, but just throwing it out there.

JambiBum

So I was looking at the schedule last night turnbuckle and we don't play each other until like week 18 :(. Guess it will give us a good amount of time to hone our skills. Hopefully I can keep Omar hitting .600 :lol

Also I forgot to tell you that in my epic comeback last night I pinch hit with Andruw Jones in the top of the 9th when my current hitter had two strikes. First pitch he sees he hits it out of the park. It's looking like my team of the 90's is going to carry the rest of my team :lol

Mrbob

I hope Sony San Diego updates the web page to show more details. I do like being able to see full box scores on games and peaking in on live games, but you should be able to see the schedule at the website. Stats too. The in game online league options are a lot better this year.

Nightz said:
Edit: As for the lineups, I got mine to stay. Did you guys set your lineups for all four pitcher types: LHP w/ DH, LHP w/o DH, RHP w/ DH, RHP w/o DH? Probably a silly question, but just throwing it out there.

Yeah I set all my lineups...and when I looked they are still saved properly. But when I started a game it went back to the default lineup which is all kinds of messed up for me. :/

Eznark said:
And if we don't use at least a 4 man we'll suffer for it. Doesn't mean we shouldn't have the option. Sabathia was spot started throughout the season on 3 days rest, not just the end-run marathon.

I'm not arguing because I want to do it, Milwaukees pitchers are all equally mediocre in the game so I gain nothing, but if pistol decided to pitch Halladay again tonight id be thrilled, sine Roy will be less effective.

There are built in mitigators to a short rotation, but if someone wanted tp try it I would love to see it.

You can start Jeff Suppan all three games against me if you want!

I disagree with your assertions on the pitching rotation. Starting one pitcher two times in a three game series seems absurd. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one!

JambiBum

Mrbob said:
Yeah I set all my lineups...and when I looked they are still saved properly. But when I started a game it went back to the default lineup which is all kinds of messed up for me. :/

That's what happened to me as well. I set my lineup twice. The first time I backed out and then went back into it and realized it didn't save so I did it again. Backed out that time and when I looked at it everything was right. Played my first game and everything was reset again. :/

Rorschach

JambiBum said:
That's what happened to me as well. I set my lineup twice. The first time I backed out and then went back into it and realized it didn't save so I did it again. Backed out that time and when I looked at it everything was right. Played my first game and everything was reset again. :/
Same. Not to mention it takes like a minute to even get into that menu in the first place :|

Sanjuro

I'm home all day. Are we still trying to play in order like last season? I think if you have the time along with another player try and get the series dun.

JambiBum

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I'm home all day. Are we still trying to play in order like last season? I think if you have the time along with another player try and get the series dun.
You don't have to play in order but we are supposed to keep it within 3 series.

Also, how are we handling free agents? I just called up Jermaine Dye and Pedro Martinez :)lol ). For some reason Pedro isn't showing up on my roster but Jermaine is.

Mrbob

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:

Try the best you can to get your games in on time but not get too far ahead. It is a balancing act but I believe you can play out to three series ahead. The problem with this could be if everyone is on a different schedule it could screw things up. You play your 9 games in two days, and then wait two weeks to get some more games in. I dunno if the commissioner has the ability to force the week forward after all games are done for the week...that would be helpful!

Sanjuro

JambiBum said:
You don't have to play in order but we are supposed to keep it within 3 series.

Also, how are we handling free agents? I just called up Jermaine Dye and Pedro Martinez :)lol ). For some reason Pedro isn't showing up on my roster but Jermaine is.
You fucking asshole.

turnbuckle

I didn't know we could do free agents. Great pickups Jambi, you motherfucker!

--

Also, been battling a cold or whatever most of the week and it took a turn for the worse today. So I'll be available to play pretty much all afternoon.

JambiBum

Dmncnby2k9 said:
We can just pick up any free agents we want?
No idea. But never saw anything about it. You wanna finish up our series right now?

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
You fucking asshole.

Aw thanks Sanj. How nice of you. :lol

Edit: Reread the rules in the OP. Mentions trades have to be approved by a commissioner but never says anything about Free agents. If we aren't allowed to pick them up I'll just drop them. Even though Pedro isn't even showing up on my roster. :lol

turnbuckle said:
I didn't know we could do free agents. Great pickups Jambi, you motherfucker!

--

Also, been battling a cold or whatever most of the week and it took a turn for the worse today. So I'll be available to play pretty much all afternoon.
Hell yea, we all could have used Pedro in our rotations :lol

Mrbob

Jambi if you are gonna snipe some free agents don't tell everyone else. :lol

I do need some bullpen help...maybe I'll take a look later! We'll have to ask LJ what policy he wants for Free Agency.

JambiBum

Mrbob said:

I do need some bullpen help...maybe I'll take a look later! We'll have to ask LJ what policy he wants for Free Agency.

:lol :lol I didn't think people would be so up in arms about the Pedro thing. I just needed a halfway decent number 3 guy and saw that he was available.

Nightz

JambiBum said:
:lol :lol I didn't think people would be so up in arms about the Pedro thing. I just needed a halfway decent number 3 guy and saw that he was available.
I need halfway decent 2-5 guys. :(

JambiBum

Nightz said:
I need halfway decent 2-5 guys. :(
I have Freddy Garcia ok? The one time I have used him he infected my entire team with aids. No one on my team could hit and the bullpen just fell apart

turnbuckle

JambiBum said:
I have Freddy Garcia ok? The one time I have used him he infected my entire team with aids. No one on my team could hit and the bullpen just fell apart

I think my pirates got 20+ hits in that game :lol

JambiBum

turnbuckle said:
Pettitte is pitching like Garcia today. I think you should give Pedro to the Yanks :lol
It's just change ups :lol Every home run you have hit has been off of that pitch. I tell myself I'm not going to throw it but then I'm like well this one should be ok. Nope. Grand slam. :lol It's alright though. I have come back skills.

turnbuckle

JambiBum said:
It's just change ups :lol Every home run you have hit has been off of that pitch. I tell myself I'm not going to throw it but then I'm like well this one should be ok. Nope. Grand slam. :lol It's alright though. I have come back skills.

Nick Johnson is going to pay for that.

turnbuckle

Is there a way to stop your baserunner from stealing if you accidentally bump the L2 button? I was spamming R1,R2 hoping he wouldn't attempt to steal but the fucker still did.

LJ11

Mrbob said:

I was going to do a free agent draft , worst teams based on last years record get first dibs. Trying to get people to log in proved to be a task in itself, so I erased the section about FA's in the OP because I didn't want the headache.

If people want a FA draft, speak up, don't touch the FA's in the mean time. We may just use the FA class for injury purposes.

JambiBum

What in the fuck was that turnbuckle. I mean. Really. Most ridiculous play ever?

And LJ, I'll just drop Dye then. Don't know where Pedro went though :lol

turnbuckle

JambiBum said:
What in the fuck was that turnbuckle. I mean. Really. Most ridiculous play ever?

And LJ, I'll just drop Dye then. Don't know where Pedro went though :lol

You talking about that one after the ball slammed into the back of my reliever? Hahaha, I have no idea what was going on. Getting clocked by that ball knocked the brains out of my entire lineup

JambiBum

turnbuckle said:
You talking about that one after the ball slammed into the back of my reliever? Hahaha, I have no idea what was going on. Getting clocked by that ball knocked the brains out of my entire lineup
Yes that. I couldn't run because the ball never touched the ground and I thought he was going to catch it. Once I realized it hit the ground I couldn't do anything. Wish we could show everyone that play :lol

turnbuckle

JambiBum said:
Yes that. I couldn't run because the ball never touched the ground and I thought he was going to catch it. Once I realized it hit the ground I couldn't do anything. Wish we could show everyone that play :lol

I saved it :D

Top Bottom