• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 10 League: Zep's a No Show....again

LiveWire

Dmncnby2k9 said:
Hey Jambi, I'm avaiable to finish our series if you want after ur game with turnbuckle.

Hey I didn't see a response to my earlier inquiry. Are you around tomorrow afternoon to get our series in?

LiveWire

Dmncnby2k9 said:
Oh sorry livewire, tomorrow around 6 sounds good.

Actually if we're going to try and get in the entire series, the earlier the better. If not, I can get in at least one game, maybe two, and we'll play the remaining one or two on Sunday night. Thanks.

Nightz

eznark said:
N1ghtz, you aeound for a game?
Nope sorry, I'm at work right now. I posted last night that I might not be able to play today and that Saturday afternoon/evening would be best. I'm going out tonight, but I'll see if I have time today between when I get home from work and when I'll leave. Doubt it but I'll let you know.

turnbuckle

Are there any rules about how far ahead we can play? I see a few ppl on that I can play some series with, but they're like the 8th/9th series of the season. Do I have to wait for whomever is next on the schedule, or can we play ahead?

JambiBum

turnbuckle said:
Are there any rules about how far ahead we can play? I see a few ppl on that I can play some series with, but they're like the 8th/9th series of the season. Do I have to wait for whomever is next on the schedule, or can we play ahead?

3 series ahead is what everyone should stick to.

Also. GG DM. Fucking come back had me shaking. Really close game.

turnbuckle said:

3 series at a time.

LiveWire

Oh yea, just checked the league website, Nationals are top 10 in the MLB!! WOOOOO

Man I thought the Madden league site was barebones, holy shit at no information on The Show league website. :lol

Rorschach

Nightz said:
We need a sablescript here too. :lol
We need more than that. Can't even check my schedule.

You know, we rag on Madden a lot, but after NBA2K and MLB, I think we need to appreciate what we have a little more.

eznark

Banned
Nightz said:
Nope sorry, I'm at work right now. I posted last night that I might not be able to play today and that Saturday afternoon/evening would be best. I'm going out tonight, but I'll see if I have time today between when I get home from work and when I'll leave. Doubt it but I'll let you know.
no problem, i got some stuff done quicker than I thought today and figured I'd see if anyone was around

turnbuckle

eznark said:
no problem, i got some stuff done quicker than I thought today and figured I'd see if anyone was around

If you're ever up for an exhbition game hit me up. I could use all the practice I can get.

LJ11

Not having the schedule online is a real oversight, I'll probably just put the entire schedule in the OP.

Edit: One other thing, can you friendly quit in league games. If the lag is really bad, try going with a friendly quit and retrying at a later time/date.

turnbuckle

LJ11 said:
Not having the schedule online is a real oversight, I'll probably just put the entire schedule in the OP.

Edit: One other thing, can you friendly quit in league games. If the lag is really bad, try going with a friendly quit and retrying at a later time/date.

Ahh, that's great to know. Wish ror and I did that yesterday

Nightz

Rorschach said:
We need more than that. Can't even check my schedule.

You know, we rag on Madden a lot, but after NBA2K and MLB, I think we need to appreciate what we have a little more.
I think 2K's league website actually had the most to offer. You could see the full schedule, rosters, stats, propose trades, watch replays and whatnot. Too bad the game was garbage.

JambiBum

turnbuckle said:
OMG BASERUNNING CONTROLS BE DAMNED :(
:lol :lol :lol Why do you have so many problems with it turn? Whenever we play now I just wait for you to make a BR mistake for an easy out.

turnbuckle

JambiBum said:
:lol :lol :lol Why do you have so many problems with it turn? Whenever we play now I just wait for you to make a BR mistake for an easy out.

It's always when I have multiple people on base. Had a guy on 2nd, hit what looked like a double. Was easily going to get my guy home, but i wasn't sure I could get my hitter to second base. A split second before I was to score I hit the R button, both guys run back and I get out. No run. :'(

I'm just a retard at it.

Sanjuro

You shouldn't have won that game.

I get connection errors on the basepaths and the during the "winning" hit you got. You scored a run on cheap base running. Not fun.

turnbuckle

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:

I get connection errors on the basepaths and the during the "winning" hit you got. You scored a run on cheap base running. Not fun.

what the fuck are you talking about? Our connection was good. If you were having problems it was on your end.

At the beginning of the game I asked if you were ok with early steals or not. You said you were cool with it. I can't look up the box score, but I certainly didn't steal more than 3 bases during the entire game. My season stats are 4 stolen bases and 2 caught over 4 games. You're a great player and had me on edge the whole time, but don't give bullshit excuses for losing.

You tried cheap baserunning (not stealing, but the types of baserunning decisions you'd never see in a regular game) multiple times and got caught each time. If you didn't do that, you likely would've won. Stop projecting. You only had an issue at the end with 2 strikes because you were about to lose. Offering a friendly quit in the bottom of the 9t, 2 outs, 2 strikes is a total bitch move. Get over yourself.

Nightz

turnbuckle said:
It's always when I have multiple people on base. Had a guy on 2nd, hit what looked like a double. Was easily going to get my guy home, but i wasn't sure I could get my hitter to second base. A split second before I was to score I hit the R button, both guys run back and I get out. No run. :'(

I'm just a retard at it.
You can control individual runners. Just hit the left thumbstick in the direction of the base the player is running to, then use the face buttons to tell him where to go (circle-1st, triangle-2nd, square-3rd, x-home). In your example above, you could hit up on the thumbstick to control the guy running to second (his icon will start flashing), then hit circle to send him back to first, allowing your other guy to cross home.

I find these controls pretty intuitive. I just get confused/panic when I want to advance multiple runners. :lol

JambiBum

turnbuckle said:

I'm just a retard at it.

Here's a hint. Use the left stick to point towards the runner you want to advance and then hit the L1 button. So if you have guys on first and second and you hit a liner to an outfielder and only want the guy at third to advance point your left stick towards third and then hit the button.

Only reason I helped you is because of how much you make me laugh when we play. Damn your humor

Edit: Oh snap. Guess what I saw. (This doesn't really go with anything, besides the oh snap part, that commercial is just stuck in my head)

turnbuckle

Hahaha, I know the baserunning controls but I get anxious really easy and screw it all up. I've definitely improved from where I used to be...if you think I look ridiculous now you should've seen the triple plays I used to get myself in on bases loaded hits :lol

Sanjuro

turnbuckle said:
what the fuck are you talking about? Our connection was good. If you were having problems it was on your end.

At the beginning of the game I asked if you were ok with early steals or not. You said you were cool with it. I can't look up the box score, but I certainly didn't steal more than 3 bases during the entire game. My season stats are 4 stolen bases and 2 caught over 4 games. You're a great player and had me on edge the whole time, but don't give bullshit excuses for losing.

You tried cheap baserunning (not stealing, but the types of baserunning decisions you'd never see in a regular game) multiple times and got caught each time. If you didn't do that, you likely would've won. Stop projecting.
:lol

You don't make any sense. I couldn't talk to you during the game. All I got was your annoying message box every fucking three seconds.

I did cheap base running? Don't think so. Anyone who keeps throwing from the outfield to first base on every play isn't playing simulation style baseball.

Nightz

turnbuckle said:
Hahaha, I know the baserunning controls but I get anxious really easy and screw it all up. I've definitely improved from where I used to be...if you think I look ridiculous now you should've seen the triple plays I used to get myself in on bases loaded hits :lol
We're on the same page then, brother! I think I have a Youtube video of a crazy baserunning screw-up in a game I had against Rors. Let me search for it. :lol

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV0ivBhFm3g

turnbuckle

LJ11 said:
Amazing, we couldn't even go 24 hours without some drama.

Did the game count?

Yup. Is there any way to get replays after online games are over? I honestly don't know what Sanjuro has issue with to begin with, but if there was a way of pinpointing what it was that'd be nice. Seriously, I thought it was a well played game all around. I was in good spirits the entire time - when he was ahead, when it looked like he was gonna break the tie, and when I scored the winning run. If there was something going on that he didn't like, he could've posted in this thread when it happened or soon after. I'm not opposed to allowing friendly quits for legit stuff (like what was going on with Ror's screen yesterday) but Sanjuro is having a tantrum.

Sanjuro

turnbuckle said:
Yup. Is there any way to get replays after online games are over? I honestly don't know what Sanjuro has issue with to begin with, but if there was a way of pinpointing what it was that'd be nice. Seriously, I thought it was a well played game all around. I was in good spirits the entire time - when he was ahead, when it looked like he was gonna break the tie, and when I scored the winning run. If there was something going on that he didn't like, he could've posted in this thread when it happened or soon after. I'm not opposed to allowing friendly quits for legit stuff (like what was going on with Ror's screen yesterday) but Sanjuro is having a tantrum.
I wouldn't call it a tantrum...I just don't enjoy playing against people like you.

JambiBum

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I wouldn't call it a tantrum...I just don't enjoy playing against people like you.
What exactly do you have a problem with? I'm not trying to defend turn but I have played him multiple times and have never ever had a problem with him.

Well..Except for when I line drived his pitcher and the ball popped into the air causing my runner on first to act like a child, but that wasn't his fault

turnbuckle

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
:lol

You don't make any sense. I couldn't talk to you during the game. All I got was your annoying message box every fucking three seconds.

I did cheap base running? Don't think so. Anyone who keeps throwing from the outfield to first base on every play isn't playing simulation style baseball.

I always throw to first base on weak hits to the outfield. 98% of the time the toss is late, but I've gotten a couple force outs that way with slow baserunners jogging to first on what should've been a bloop single.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:

Likewise. Not sure what your issue is. I won't send messages in game to you anymore. You can't send them during a pitch and I never sent them during a play (not sure if you can do that, either). Geez most of the messages were talking about pitches you had I thought were nice, or talking about your impressive record and how my streak was in jeopardy because of it.

You didn't score on me after the second or third inning. That's why you lost. Next game you'll probably go yard on me several times. That's how this shit works.

JambiBum said:
I'm uh, confused? I looked at the boxscore for the Sanj/turnbuckle game and didn't see anything wrong.

How do you view the box score? I looked on the schedule list and it only shows the final score.

eznark

Banned
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:

tebowlol.gif

LJ11

eznark said:
I think this trying to keep the rotation set through flex games is retarded. Pitch whoever you want and suffer the consequences if you wear a guy out. Hell, if we went by your rules the Brewers never would have made the playoffs in 2008.

Missed this earlier.

Your most recently used pitcher(s) get their stamina knocked down, so it doesn't matter when you use them to pitch, just as long as they get rest. If you use your first 3 starters in week 1 and flex to week 3, your 3rd starter is going to be spent for game one.

I don't expect people to know which pitcher should go in game 1 of week 6, wouldn't make sense for people to project their rotation that far out. Just go with your rotation, give guys rest so they don't get hurt, if you gamble and someone gets hurt on a pickoff move to first don't come crying for an FA.

Top Bottom