• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 10 League: Zep's a No Show....again

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
The Frankman said:
I have Jeff Francoeur and FUCKING JASON BAY. Don't give me shit.
I have Nate McLouth turned into Scoots MccDougal - the 97-year old senior dash Champion at the Frosty Pubes retirement willage

JambiBum

Rorschach said:
:lol I think the wait made it worse!
That may be true. Hell I'm pissed because Pedro just fucking disappeared :lol . I can't even drop him back into the FA pool. It's like his game character was just like "wait, someone decided I have to play? Fuck this. I'm out"

Rorschach

Ok was looking at the wrong league -_-

Sanjuro or Vabrave I can play most of tomorrow.

JambiBum said:
That may be true. Hell I'm pissed because Pedro just fucking disappeared :lol . I can't even drop him back into the FA pool. It's like his game character was just like "wait, someone decided I have to play? Fuck this. I'm out"
:lol Damn glitches. That's hilarious.

Mrbob

JambiBum said:

Pedro%20and%20Nomar.jpg

Doytch

Damn Frank, that was a tight third game. But....Ryota :lol

With Lind, Overbay and Snider, I was sitting dead center with power swing. Wasn't gonna swing at anything else. Finally got it with Snider.

That homer was bullshit. I can't complain after all the runners I left on except for one thing... I'm save that issue for later, want to see if anyone else brings it up. Probably nothing through.

EDIT: BTW rors and denogg I didn't "cut and paste" the sliders, and LJ11 isn't even using the ones I tested. :lol

Doytch

The Frankman said:
That homer was bullshit. I can't complain after all the runners I left on except for one thing... I'm save that issue for later, want to see if anyone else brings it up. Probably nothing through.
:lol I was sitting on that exact pitch with a power swing, with Snider against a RHP reliever who'd thrown over 30 pitches. C'mon.

Doytch said:
:lol I was sitting on that exact pitch with a power swing, with Snider against a RHP reliever who'd thrown over 30 pitches. C'mon.
I tried to throw a FB up an in and mispressed. So what you're saying now is you were sitting on a pitch that may have been 2 inches off the ground? That makes it even more incomprehensible. And BTW I'm talking about the homer that made it 1-0.

Doytch

The Frankman said:
I tried to throw a FB up an in and mispressed. So what you're saying now is you were sitting on a pitch that may have been 2 inches off the ground? That makes it even more incomprehensible. And BTW I'm talking about the homer that made it 1-0.
Oh, just assumed you meant the Snider jack. I don't even remember who hit the other one.

LJ11

The sliders are pretty much what we used in the practice league, no one said a word about the fielders being too slow. I dare someone to drop a ball between Jones and Markakis with the default settings.

Honestly, this league is wearing on me already. Do whatever the fuck you guys want from now on.

LJ11 said:
The sliders are pretty much what we used in the practice league, no one said a word about the fielders being too slow. I dare someone to drop a ball between Jones and Markakis with the default settings.

Honestly, this league is wearing on me already. Do whatever the fuck you guys want from now on.

welcome to my world :(

turnbuckle

I like the slow outfielders. I just wish they'd throw a little better. I've already seen at least one inside the park homer on what was probably a triple at best.

The league is fine. I think. I'm having fun.

JambiBum

I don't have a problem with outfielder speed at all. There were times when I actually thought they caught some balls that maybe they shouldn't have. Seems to be a good balance so far. Hopefully after this initial first rocky week everything just moves smoothly. I guess we shall see.

The OF speed is fine. I use the sliders in my offline with the BRAVES and it's fine. If a ball is roped to the fence, especially in the gaps, they shouldn't even be close to getting it. At default, it's insanely tough to hit in the gaps or get a good rip down the line that actually gets into the corners without the left or right fielder cutting it off like he's Ichiro.

Never mind that I was playing with the same kind of "gimped" outfielders and still managed to shut him out. :D

eznark

Banned
I actually haven't had any problems with outfield speed either. In our series there were a number of sliding catches by Werth, Hart and Gomez. Seemed pretty realistic to me.

Are the sliders listed somewhere, I'd like to use them for my franchise.

I think I play DCX and N1ghtz now, I'll be available all day but gone around 7 est, so let me know when you want to get a game in. Hit me up on aim: bpqb7 since I'm doing some yard work and washing the truck etc

DenogginizerOS

storybook77 said:
The OF speed is fine. I use the sliders in my offline with the BRAVES and it's fine. If a ball is roped to the fence, especially in the gaps, they shouldn't even be close to getting it. At default, it's insanely tough to hit in the gaps or get a good rip down the line that actually gets into the corners without the left or right fielder cutting it off like he's Ichiro.

Never mind that I was playing with the same kind of "gimped" outfielders and still managed to shut him out. :D
You pitched a masterful game. You won that game fair and square. I am not debating that. I honestly don't know why my players are so slow unless the roster update did something to McLouth. But it is frustrating to see a ball in the air for as long as I did and have my guys lolligag to get it.

Anyway, you around now to play?

DenogginizerOS

LJ11 said:

I will gladly commish as I said before.

DenogginizerOS

eznark said:
Frankman, I'll trade that block headed Carlos Gomez for Usain Bolt any day. I'm sure Bolt has more baseball intelligence anyway.

:lol coup!!!
No coup. He and I discussed it before the league started.

DenogginizerOS

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Wow. Look at you guys crying and destroying the league. Pathetic.
Coming from you, that is rich.

A lot of you need to get a thicker skin. The "drama" in thus thread is really similar to the stuff we see in the Madden league. However, we all respect the rules of play and we don't tolerate cheese. I think we have seen some cheese and we are trying to deal with it.

As fir the sliders, I saw somethng last night I had not experienced. But I will adjust.

Sanjuro

DenogginizerOS said:
A lot of you need to get a thicker skin. The "drama" in thus thread is really similar to the stuff we see in the Madden league. However, we all respect the rules of play and we don't tolerate cheese. I think we have seen some cheese and we are trying to deal with it.
Yet you bashed me for complaining about something we mentioned NOT to do before the season started. I didn't pin any faults of the actual game on the other player. He was playing unfair and I called him out. We then split the remainder of the series on two well played games. I'm happy. Crisis averted.

DenogginizerOS said:
You pitched a masterful game. You won that game fair and square. I am not debating that. I honestly don't know why my players are so slow unless the roster update did something to McLouth. But it is frustrating to see a ball in the air for as long as I did and have my guys lolligag to get it.

Anyway, you around now to play?

I won't be able to play until later tonight if you're around. I've got to help do some house cleaning, take my daughter to gymnastics, go to my son's game, and my parents are coming over for dinner.

I've got to fit watching the Hawks and Braves in there somewhere too. :lol

Nightz

Is it possible for the commish to reset games? The game between AT and myself disconnected in the second inning with him up 2-0, but it gave me the win.

DenogginizerOS

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Yet you bashed me for complaining about something we mentioned NOT to do before the season started. I didn't pin any faults of the actual game on the other player. He was playing unfair and I called him out. We then split the remainder of the series on two well played games. I'm happy. Crisis averted.
You need to tone down the condescending tone. You come off quite irksome. I noticed Turnbuckle doing similar stuff (stealing early, throwing to first), too, and I told LJ about it. I think Turn knows now what is right and wrong.

As I said, the slowness of my OF is significant but I will adjust. In no form or fashion was I pinning the speed of the game on Story. He pitched a perfect game. The stats speak for themselves.

Sanjuro

DenogginizerOS said:
Whatever, kid.
If I somehow directed that towards you then you are mistaken. I directed that toward one individual in here who at the time was claiming to not know what he was doing wrong and making a bigger stink than needed. It's been resolved. Why are you still trying to be an aggressor?

DenogginizerOS

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
If I somehow directed that towards you then you are mistaken. I directed that toward one individual in here who at the time was claiming to not know what he was doing wrong and making a bigger stink than needed. It's been resolved. Why are you still trying to be an aggressor?
I am on your side with Turnbuckle. Your coming in and saying the crying is ruining the league just didn't help. I am allowed to express my displeasure with the sliders. Some took that personally. Believe me, if I could play a game right now I would be happier.

Sanjuro

DenogginizerOS said:
I am on your side with Turnbuckle. Your coming in and saying the crying is ruining the league just didn't help. I am allowed to express my displeasure with the sliders. Some took that personally. Believe me, if I could play a game right now I would be happier.
Oh that? I was just being very sarcastic obviously.

BigAT

Good second game Nightz, that ending was way closer than I would have liked it to be.

As for the first one, hopefully it can be reset. Even if the loss gets erased, I'm still going to be pretty fucked from it. Second batter, FIRST INNING Scott Kazmir goes down with a torn hamstring after just throwing a normal pitch. FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU

I put him on the 15 day DL because I didn't really know what to do. Can I even bring someone up to replace him?

Nightz

BigAT said:
Good second game Nightz, that ending was way closer than I would have liked it to be.

As for the first one, hopefully it can be reset. Even if the loss gets erased, I'm still going to be pretty fucked from it. Second batter, FIRST INNING Scott Kazmir goes down with a torn hamstring after just throwing a normal pitch. FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU
Yeah GG. I probably could have tied it if I didn't panic when running bases. :lol Was fun though. Kazmir must have been exerting 110% effort on that pitch to tear a leg muscle lol.

turnbuckle

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:

Where was it stated that we weren't allowed to steal early? I played the game within the rules.

Throwing to first from the outfield may not be a normal occurrence in baseball, but neither is several dropped strike 3s or several outfield assists per game on players trying to turn singles into doubles/doubles into triples.

Here are the rules:

Rules
We're going to play on HoF difficulty, strike zone, guess pitching, and hot/cold zone off. You can always look at a batters report (hot/cold) by hitting Select when he's at the plate.
No excessive stealing, if you're up in the 8th by multiple runs don't be a twat.
Do not quick pitch your opponent, give him some time in the box.
Trading is allowed, all trades must be approved by a commissioner.
Don't peg a star player because he's working you over at the plate or pitching a gem, injuries are a factor.
No pitchers going on 3 days rest until the final weeks of the season. Stamina does play a role this season.

I didn't break any of them. So while I'm glad we got to finish our series with a couple of well played games, don't pull some revisionist bullshit where I was cheating or doing something wrong.

DenogginizerOS

If you had no qualms with stealing early, then why did you try to ask Sanjuro if you guys would be doing it? The whole notion of abusing a glitch has no place in this or any other league. I for one think it sounds cheap. Your throwing to first is something that is rarely done in real life, and your repeatedly doing it is annoying. Lastly, doing things like running around and around a player after they gain first on a hit smacks of someone hoping to catch a glitch and get someone out. In short, stop doing all of that crap or your welcome in this league will have worn.

turnbuckle

DenogginizerOS said:
If you had no qualms with stealing early, then why did you try to ask Sanjuro if you guys would be doing it?

Because I know some people have a problem with it. I'm willing to play either way. Unfortunately it isn't an option you can toggle on/off like guess pitch or other things. I think early stealing is perfectly legit, but excessive use of it can be cheesy and annoying.

The whole notion of abusing a glitch has no place in this or any other league. I for one think it sounds cheap.

It is not a glitch. Framing it as a glitch and saying "I think abusing a glitch is cheap" definitely sounds cheap - I mean, nobody should be glitching period - but early stealing is not a glitch. This isn't snaking...it's in the manual for crying out loud.

Your throwing to first is something that is rarely done in real life, and your repeatedly doing it is annoying.
This is honestly such a minor issue that I'll stop because you guys find it annoying, but I think it's really nitpicky. I've gotten a couple force outs at first doing this and have had it done to me too.

Lastly, doing things like running around and around a player after they gain first on a hit smacks of someone hoping to catch a glitch and get someone out. In short, stop doing all of that crap or your welcome in this league will have worn.

That's just a silly habit and definitely not trying to hit a glitch. Just like I'll jump around or slide around after a play is over. Is there some glitch that's been discovered by doing these things? If so, I'll stop.

Top Bottom