• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 10 League: Zep's a No Show....again

eznark

Banned
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Ah, sorry. I'm not pausing the game I'm looking at the pitcher/batter matchup screen. Towards the end I paused as I had to play NL baseball for once. :O

You owe me for putting Joe Nelson in the game anyway. If anyone is interested in him he will be in the free agent pool.

You lamer, know the matchups going in. I wish that was a screen we could turn off. I don't see pitchers consulting cheat sheets before every damn batter.

turnbuckle

It's amazing how often pitchers and umps get abused by hit balls. I especially love the ump animation where it looks like he's having a heart attack.

---

c'mon inge, don't fail me now!! :D

--

Doytch is Mr. Clutch. Hopefully I can get lucky here in the 10th.

Great game Doytch. You pretty much had my offense figured out after the first couple of innings. I don't even remember how many double plays you got me in.

Sanjuro

eznark said:
You lamer, know the matchups going in. I wish that was a screen we could turn off. I don't see pitchers consulting cheat sheets before every damn batter.
Oh, I don't do it on every batter. Pitchers do this as well too in the game.

JambiBum

Doytch said:
Damn...gg turnbuckle. Extra innings are tense. I just kept getting lucky and pitching out of jams.
Was a pretty good game to listen to. I don't have anyone to play so I'm just going through and listening to the broadcasts.

Doytch

JambiBum said:
Was a pretty good game to listen to. I don't have anyone to play so I'm just going through and listening to the broadcasts.
I have no idea how that works. Is it on the Show Community page somewhere?Is it just the commentators talking?

Hmm, it's not even showing the game on the web page.

JambiBum

Doytch said:
I have no idea how that works. Is it on the Show Community page somewhere?Is it just the commentators talking?

Hmm, it's not even showing the game on the web page.

Go into the league lobby and just hit x on someone's name that says they are in a game. Scroll down to the sportscast live thing. Brings up a scoreboard and you can listen to the commentary of the game.

Sanjuro

What the hell happened at the end there? :lol

At first I was like "why would he throw to second?" then looked away from the monitor. Came back to see a clusterfuck of infielders around the pitchers mound. I kept trying to steal to see if you could get out of the jam and then that steal command carried over to the next batter.

turnbuckle

JambiBum said:
When you're done send me a challenge. Nothing else to do now.

Alright, you got it. Wanna do a world series rematch?

This guy I'm playing right now is on a total different level of skill. I've been struck out 7-8 times and the 4th inning isn't even over yet.

another pistol?

gg btw. i can't believe they didn't rule that dropped pop fly an error! come on! it was a close game till that point :( my RF is slow as fuck!

p.s. the ump was being an absolute dick to me on the strike zone :(

LJ11

FrenchMovieTheme said:
another pistol?

gg btw. i can't believe they didn't rule that dropped pop fly an error! come on! it was a close game till that point :( my RF is slow as fuck!

p.s. the ump was being an absolute dick to me on the strike zone :(

Make sure Burrell isn't in the field.

turnbuckle

JambiBum said:
Yeah it's not showing up in the schedule that you guys played it when I look.

Goddamn, I've been nothing but a big pain in the ass so far in this league. Even when I lose I screw things up :lol

JambiBum

turnbuckle said:
Goddamn, I've been nothing but a big pain in the ass so far in this league. Even when I lose I screw things up :lol

Didn't you say you got stuck looking at Inge's face or something? Or was that the game you had won.

turnbuckle

JambiBum said:
Didn't you say you got stuck looking at Inge's face or something? Or was that the game you had won.

That was the game I won. Nothing strange happened in the game Doytch won. Except, the whole thing with the game not showing that he won, of course.

--

Random observation. My changeup seems to work a lot better at fooling people if I miss-time the release early a bit.

JambiBum

turnbuckle said:
That was the game I won. Nothing strange happened in the game Doytch won. Except, the whole thing with the game not showing that he won, of course.
You guys could just do it this way. Start the game again and then you can just concede at the beginning of the game. Give him the win and then you won't have to play it again.

turnbuckle

JambiBum said:
You guys could just do it this way. Start the game again and then you can just concede at the beginning of the game. Give him the win and then you won't have to play it again.

Yeah, if it doesn't record the game that's what I'll do.

eznark

Banned
gg n1ghtz.

I don't think I have ever hit a guy so fucking hard...and so fucking foul! If that's all you and I could do against the back end of our rotations I'm pretty sure we'll toss simultaneous no-no's next game!

Doytch

Bububu, then E5 won't get credit for that awesome two-run jack. =( :lol

This is why I hate console online btw. Always such a hackjob compared to PC and dedicated servers.

eznark

Banned
Doytch said:

This is why I hate console online btw. Always such a hackjob compared to PC and dedicated servers.

Oh, Lord...MLB11 on the PC would be the greatest thing ever. I dream of a game with the depth of OOTP and the gameplay/visuals of The Show.

JambiBum

Doytch said:

It's alright. Vizquel was batting 600 but then I went 1 for 5 in my last game with him. Still ended up winning but I ruined his average :(

Oh and turn, you sure do strike out a lot against this guy :lol

turnbuckle

Doytch said:

hahah, yeah, that's what I'm a little concerned about. Will our players get rested as if we had played a game? I got Verlander up next, but my other guys are tired. I don't wanna use Porcello on you again :p

Nightz

eznark said:
gg n1ghtz.

I don't think I have ever hit a guy so fucking hard...and so fucking foul! If that's all you and I could do against the back end of our rotations I'm pretty sure we'll toss simultaneous no-no's next game!
:lol Good game man. I got lucky with that homer in the first, but after that, absolutely nothing from either of us lol. I think 2 runs is my barrier in this league. I believe I've only had one game with more than that. Gotta head out for a bit but I'll post or send you an IM when I get back.

Edit: Sorry for that double steal attempt. I wasn't trying to steal home, just had a brain fart and forgot how to have only one baserunner steal. :lol

turnbuckle

JambiBum said:
It's alright. Vizquel was batting 600 but then I went 1 for 5 in my last game with him. Still ended up winning but I ruined his average :(

Oh and turn, you sure do strike out a lot against this guy :lol

:lol Don't watch! I'm ashamed of myself

Exhibition game, I'm gonna hop all over the place :D

Top Bottom