• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 10 League: Zep's a No Show....again

turnbuckle

JambiBum said:
So according to the standings you haven't played any games :lol :lol

I like to exercise patience. Wanna see how the other players are doing before I jump in.

--

I'm playing someone who doesn't realize how amazing Omar is. Gonna make him pay for this mistake.

LJ11

rareside said:
Am I going to be OK playing my games on Monday night? I can't login yet and don't want my games to be auto-completed..

League advances in about 50~60 hours, set it to 5 days (pretty sure that was the longest option). After it advances I have total control over wins/losses, but I'm not sure if your first series will be playable.

So everyone get there 1st series in by Sunday night just to be on the safe side.

turnbuckle

JambiBum said:
Damn turnbuckle. How long have you been in this game?

Ahh, didn't know you were waiting. It was a great game. I got destroyed in the end though.

I think I need to stick with playing as the worst teams in baseball.

gg pistol! not sure what the fuck was going on but even when i guess your pitches correctly and swung with what looked to be an on-time swing it was a strike. when i did make contact it said i was late.... even if i was purposely swinging horribly early :lol

I'm surprised we were able to finish. gg FMT, I'm not sure where all those hits came from though :lol

Edit: It's funny that you mention that because that happens to me occasionally. I would guess that it is lag but the games run smooth. In the first series, I was constantly late on Doug Davis' 85mph heat. lol.

pistolpete2940 said:
btw, what is the deal with the standings? shits broken :/

yeah its weird.... it seems like it recorded SOME of our stats from the other games we didn't finish, but only 1 win registered so far. hopefully it updates tomorrow.

i'm 0-1. my runs are 5, and runs against 10. i just lost a game 8-1.... so that means my other game i won 4-2? lolz

Kingbrave

It took five minutes just to load the league menu. And then I got disconnected from sportsconnect. Has it been like this all weekend?

Nightz

Amazing, I got two trophies in my game against eznark. Kyle Blanks blasted a homer and hit the Western Metal Supply Co. building (trophy #1), then Scott Hairston hit a homer right after (trophy #2 for back-to-back homeruns). I will not get another trophy in this game. :lol

I lost the game though :(

eznark

Banned
Just got my first win on a tense one against N1ghtz. Two dead center blasts and a key pinch hit single by Gamel were huge.

I almost burned my house down in the bottom of 9 with one out when the game decides it would be a great time for a throwing error into the stands on a weak grounder by TGJ, but Coffey was able to persevere.

Can't wait for the rubber match.

Also, fuck the standings. I'm 1-4, shows me as 0-2.

That trophy shit is awesome, cool ass way to get those.

wtf is up with the lag in this game. that was awful :lol

they better fix the stat reporting problems too. speaking from experience, the thing that will crush an online league faster than anything else is problems with the stats being reported properly. no one wants to play the same game a million times because the game isn't reporting it properly :/

turnbuckle

FrenchMovieTheme said:
wtf is up with the lag in this game. that was awful :lol

they better fix the stat reporting problems too. speaking from experience, the thing that will crush an online league faster than anything else is problems with the stats being reported properly. no one wants to play the same game a million times because the game isn't reporting it properly :/

Your player stats should be accurate. Doytch and I had a problem with our game not registering, but the stats from the game had been attributed to the players. Hopefully Sony fixes all the stat and other online related bugs soon though. :/

Yeah, me and FMT played a game. Afterwards, both of our pitchers were fatigued as if we played the game, but it wasn't registering in the standings, so we end up losing a start in our rotation.

FMT, if you want to try one more time, I'll be around tonight.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
eznark said:
wireless?
I have tried both. I have a Slim and the wireless has been excellent. I played a game against Bob and it was a little laggy so I switched back to wired afterwards. Ever since I did that, I have no success logging into our league. I am in the process of redownloading the latest patch and doing a clean install of the data to see if that fixes it. Perhaps the switch to wired messed something up.

DenogginizerOS

Evidently, I cannot log into our league. I can log in to SC, but as soon as I try to access the league, it gets hung up and drops me.

Nightz

LJ, are you able to assign wins/losses even to games that have been played? If so, maybe BigAT and I could play an exhibition game, give you the result, and you can adjust our disconnected game accordingly. That way we would still be able to play our rubber match.

DenogginizerOS

This is ridiculous. I cannot stay logged on to SC. If I can't play games on the weekends, this is going to be a difficult season for me.

turnbuckle

Doytch said:
Vernon Wells, worst CF in baseball.

I couldn't believe that. It's like the game just wanted it to be over. You were positioned just right for that ball.

I'm still confused why my guy was called out on strike 3 when it was a wild pitch. I recorded it, and rewatching it I still can't figure it out. It was like Everett was like, awww fuck it I ain't running for nobody.

GG but an unfortunate finish.

Nightz said:
Screw you baserunning controls.

:lol

Doytch

turnbuckle said:
I couldn't believe that. It's like the game just wanted it to be over. You were positioned just right for that ball.

I'm still confused why my guy was called out on strike 3 when it was a wild pitch. I recorded it, and rewatching it I still can't figure it out. It was like Everett was like, awww fuck it I ain't running for nobody.

GG but an unfortunate finish.
Most Realistic Baseball Game Ever

LJ11

Nightz said:
LJ, are you able to assign wins/losses even to games that have been played? If so, maybe BigAT and I could play an exhibition game, give you the result, and you can adjust our disconnected game accordingly. That way we would still be able to play our rubber match.

Unfortunately I cannot, you can go ahead and play your rubber game, or I can assign a W to BigAT since he was handed the L in game 1. Would rather have you guys play the rubber game, but whatever seems more equitable is fine as well.

Nightz

LJ11 said:
Unfortunately I cannot, you can go ahead and play your rubber game, or I can assign a W to BigAT since he was handed the L in game 1. Would rather have you guys play the rubber game, but whatever seems more equitable is fine as well.
Aww man. Well I'm down for whatever. I'll let AT decide since he was the one screwed over in game 1.

Top Bottom