• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 10 League: Zep's a No Show....again

Sanjuro

Good series Rors. I've never seen my infield vomit all over grounders as I did that last game. Ortiz was my best infielder.

turnbuckle

THis guy is pulling some Jambi 90's all-star team late inning heroics.

LOL just got my last out while typing. I didn't even touch the controller on that pitch or play. Maybe I should try this more often :p

JambiBum

turnbuckle said:
THis guy is pulling some Jambi 90's all-star team late inning heroics.

LOL just got my last out while typing. I didn't even touch the controller on that pitch or play. Maybe I should try this more often :p

Hey fuck you. If I could I would take every free agent from the 90s and put them on the sox.

Also, sounds like you are are...oh wait. Nevermind. You're still down by 4:lol :lol

Rorschach

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Good series Rors. I've never seen my infield vomit all over grounders as I did that last game. Ortiz was my best infielder.
GGs. I knew I shouldn't have put Belisario in there. :lol

I've become a complete fool on the plate and fielding ever since the league started. :(

Sanjuro

Rorschach said:
GGs. I knew I shouldn't have put Belisario in there. :lol

I've become a complete fool on the plate and fielding ever since the league started. :(
You aren't nearly as bad as your record indicates. I did however rape your weaknesses without regret. :lol

You did learn as the games went along. Sometimes I play someone three times in a row and they do nothing different. You worked the counts much better going forward and identified certain pitches pretty well I noticed.

Sanjuro

Rorschach said:
I miss Drew. :( I was gonna walk his ass, but it wouldn't let me. Fucking AI ended up pitching for me instead.
In real life he still would have had his ass booed. So far he has been soso and really turned it on in your ballpark. I think he misses the crowd leaving early leaving the ballpark to himself for some robot time.

turnbuckle

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
You aren't nearly as bad as your record indicates. I did however rape your weaknesses without regret. :lol

You did learn as the games went along. Sometimes I play someone three times in a row and they do nothing different. You worked the counts much better going forward and identified certain pitches pretty well I noticed.

I think I get worse the more I play someone. Early on I tend to work the counts and get the opposing starter up to 40-50 pitches early on...and by the end of the game they've pitched a 90 game CG on my ass.

That last game we had was a perfect example of this. You could've been using the Pirates 5th starter and you still would've blanked me. You had me so off balance in game it made me feel disoriented out of it.

turnbuckle

Doytch, wanna start a game really quick and have me concede? I checked to see if our stats changed, but they didn't. If there was a way to replicate what we did that'd be awesome.

Hmm, i'm gonnna check the website. Maybe you accidentally chose exhbition match instead of league?

---

Just checked, and it's not up as an exhibition game either. Just lemme know how you wanna handle it Doytch

LJ11

turnbuckle said:
Doytch, wanna start a game really quick and have me concede? I checked to see if our stats changed, but they didn't. If there was a way to replicate what we did that'd be awesome.

Hmm, i'm gonnna check the website. Maybe you accidentally chose exhbition match instead of league?

---

Just checked, and it's not up as an exhibition game either. Just lemme know how you wanna handle it Doytch

What happened? I'll assign a W/L when we eventually advance past that week. No need to replay.

turnbuckle

LJ11 said:
What happened? I'll assign a W/L when we eventually advance past that week. No need to replay.

Doytch just beat me in a game but it's not showing up anywhere. It's been a couple hours now, so I don't think it's gonna correct itself. I was asking him if he wanted to start another game where I'd concede at the beginning, but if you wanna assign the W/L that's perfect

---

Jambi, sorry for picking this stadium. Never played here before. This is the craziest outfield i've ever seen. Inge could get an inside the parker twice before the ball made it to home.

Sanjuro

I don't believe it registered any of the victories for the second two games. All the stats are accounted for but nothing else.

turnbuckle

JambiBum said:
Was wondering why it told me I had to buy them when you were going through them. No way am I paying money for this shit :lol

You didn't pre-order? Well, at least now you see it's not worth paying for :)

Oh man, you just bunt singled on me. I gotta get better at pausing :p

Dayyyum CC's got some wheels on him. Halladay runs about as well as this game's servers :lol

---

258 foot homerun? Grand slam!?!?!

hahaha GTFO

JambiBum

turnbuckle said:
You didn't pre-order? Well, at least now you see it's not worth paying for :)

Oh man, you just bunt singled on me. I gotta get better at pausing :p

Dayyyum CC's got some wheels on him. Halladay runs about as well as this game's servers :lol

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol 250 grand slam

LiveWire

So basically this game is fucked. dmnc and I played two games (Twins win 8-4 and 2-1) and the league didn't count either game. I take back every bad thing I've said about Madden 10. At least we can actually PLAY GAMES. :(

Oh and dmnc I hope you saved that off the head blooper catch to deep center. :lol

I say we wait a bit just cause the stats of the games were saved. It use to take some time before games were put up. Livewire, I had it in mind, but our close game made me forget it :lol

JambiBum

Maybe it's just a bad day for their servers? Games aren't recording and turnbuckle and I couldn't even play a game until I reconnected to sports connect.

LiveWire

Dmncnby2k9 said:
I say we wait a bit just cause the stats of the games were saved. It use to take some time before games were put up. Livewire, I had it in mind, but our close game made me forget it :lol

Yea, fuck Jim Thome. :lol As soon as I let that pitch go I was like goddammit. I still had the chance in the 9th. That should've been an infield fly rule on that popup with 0 outs. Losing Nyjer Morgan as a baserunner really hurt as I could have probably bunted him in to at least force extra innings. Oh well, as long as I'm competitive with the Nats that's about all I can ask for...

JambiBum

LiveWire said:
Yea, fuck Jim Thome. :lol As soon as I let that pitch go I was like goddammit. I still had the chance in the 9th. That should've been an infield fly rule on that popup with 0 outs. Losing Nyjer Morgan as a baserunner really hurt as I could have probably bunted him in to at least force extra innings. Oh well, as long as I'm competitive with the Nats that's about all I can ask for...
Thome took one out on me when I played DM too :lol. Let a slider hang. Ended up helping him tie the game but I won in the end.

Because I don't use the nats :p

turnbuckle

Doytch, here's the box score for the game. Servers probably just need to go through an update.

2zegzkx.jpg

turnbuckle

storybook77 said:
The MLB team needs to lure some guys from EA that do net coding. EA at least knows how to get the games playable.

Most of my games have been really smooth. A couple of lag hiccups here and there, but it's way better than it was a few weeks ago (for me at least)

turnbuckle said:
Most of my games have been really smooth. A couple of lag hiccups here and there, but it's way better than it was a few weeks ago (for me at least)
Well I'm not just talking about the games themselves but logging in, checking your lineups, etc. take longer than they really should and then the shit doesn't even save. :lol

turnbuckle

storybook77 said:
Well I'm not just talking about the games themselves but logging in, checking your lineups, etc. take longer than they really should and then the shit doesn't even save. :lol

yeah, there are tons of weird things going on with the stats/standings etc. :p

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
storybook77 said:
I just successfully logged into the league. Woohoo!

And then was dropped while looking at my roster. SMH.

turnbuckle

Is it just the league games being weird right now? I've played a few exhibitions against a couple different players and the connections have been great. :/

Top Bottom