• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 10 League: Zep's a No Show....again

eznark

Banned
gah, Hoffman tried to give it up to his old Padres but he found his absurd changeup and got the back end of the order. Pretty sure I am NEVER using him when the top of the lineup is up. I almost let Hawkins hit in the 8th just so I wouldn't have to go to Hoffman.

Excellent series, n1ghtz, three tight games and an excellent connection. I think there were a total of two laggy pitches that whole series.

Nightz

Yeah I wasn't happy about seeing Hoffman again. I knew it was over for me, though I did hit a homer off him. I had "Hell's Bells" playing in my head when he came out though. :lol I miss that guy and his entrance. Do they still play it for him in Milwaukee?

eznark

Banned
Nightz said:
Yeah I wasn't happy about seeing Hoffman again. I knew it was over for me, though I did hit a homer off him. I had "Hell's Bells" playing in my head when he came out though. :lol I miss that guy and his entrance. Do they still play it for him in Milwaukee?
Oh yeah, it's a pretty big deal, although he is trash this year so far

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
LJ,

You may have to reinvite me after I leave the league in order to correct this problem I am having. Hit me up on AIM when you are ready to try it.

JambiBum

turnbuckle said:
Hey Jambi, it keeps saying challenge failed (not sure if it's saying the same for you, just letting you know :p)

Yeah it was. I signed out of everything and it seems to be fine now. Sometimes this shit is dumb.

Also, I really hope I get to play DMC today as I'm just getting even more sick.

turnbuckle

JambiBum said:
Yeah it was. I signed out of everything and it seems to be fine now. Sometimes this shit is dumb.

Also, I really hope I get to play DMC today as I'm just getting even more sick.

Sorry to hear. I've been sick most of this week and it hasn't gotten better. On the bright side, it's kept me in playing a lot of baseball this weekend :lol

LiveWire

I will be out of town from Mon-Fri of this week for work travel, so LJ if you need to advance that first series don't hesitate. I dunno what we're shooting for as far as advancement, but next weekend and the week after my schedule is back to normal so I can catch up on a bunch of series for the league.

turnbuckle

LiveWire said:
I will be out of town from Mon-Fri of this week for work travel, so LJ if you need to advance that first series don't hesitate. I dunno what we're shooting for as far as advancement, but next weekend and the week after my schedule is back to normal so I can catch up on a bunch of series for the league.

LJ, when ppl announce in advance that they'll be gone would it be ok for them to play ahead (at least through the series they'd be missing during that period)? The first few weeks of the series I have pretty good availability, but it'd be nice to have this option.

--

Random question: Can you listen to other people's mics even if you yourself don't have one? I will get one soon, but it'd be nice for now. Not to mention I sound like hell right now anyways :p

JambiBum

Turn, I'm so sick that my reactions are incredibly slow :lol. I can't time my pitches right and I can't swing correctly. I was afraid eventually you would catch a pitch I left hanging and you did.

turnbuckle

JambiBum said:
Turn, I'm so sick that my reactions are incredibly slow :lol. I can't time my pitches right and I can't swing correctly. I was afraid eventually you would catch a pitch I left hanging and you did.

I just had a pizza delivered (why I had to pause). I was holding a piece in one hand while pitching that curve that you obliterated. :lol

LJ11

LiveWire said:

Well you played your week 1 games, only one was recorded. You have access to week 2 to so you can play a few before your trip if you want, then again they may not even count....

LJ, when ppl announce in advance that they'll be gone would it be ok for them to play ahead (at least through the series they'd be missing during that period)? The first few weeks of the series I have pretty good availability, but it'd be nice to have this option.

Well obviously, you can play up to week 3, which is technically 15 days in advance. How much further ahead do you plan on playing, because you're just going to be twirling your thumbs if you get too far ahead.

Shit is a disaster so far anyway.

Edit: Also, do you dudes have instant messaging? Use it if you do, shit gets lost with the constant play by play.

turnbuckle

eznark said:
So is the countdown timer just for the first series? I thought it was for the first three series?

Ahh, that's what I thought too. Nevermind then

Edit: Also, do you dudes have instant messaging? Use it if you do, shit gets lost with the constant play by play.

I do, but i keep it off while playing. If there's an online 2010 Show thread I'll just post in there.

well i sent fixed a PM here, posted here in the thread, even tried adding him as an XBL friend since it's in his profile (hasn't been approved yet), but no response to any of those contact attempts!

LJ11

FrenchMovieTheme said:
well i sent fixed a PM here, posted here in the thread, even tried adding him as an XBL friend since it's in his profile (hasn't been approved yet), but no response to any of those contact attempts!

Yeah, dude is awol, feel like booting him. Feel like doing a lot of things acutally...

What's up with Miguel and DM?

BigAT

LJ11 said:
Yeah, dude is awol, feel like booting him. Feel like doing a lot of things acutally...

What's up with Miguel and DM?

When in doubt...SIM IT!

DCX, any chance you want to finish up our series tonight?

Nightz

BigAT, would you rather play our third game, or just have LJ give you the win since you got a loss in our first game (due to a disconnect)?

JambiBum

LJ11 said:
Jambi have you contacted the Mariners owner (DM), or vice versa?
Yeah he's replied a few times in this thread. Said he was going to play someone else first yesterday and that we would play tonight. Only problem is that I haven't heard from him tonight. Plus with me being worse off health wise right now the time I'm available to play and the time I need to rest is vastly different.

LJ11

JambiBum said:
Yeah he's replied a few times in this thread. Said he was going to play someone else first yesterday and that we would play tonight. Only problem is that I haven't heard from him tonight. Plus with me being worse off health wise right now the time I'm available to play and the time I need to rest is vastly different.

You're talking about dmczaf, and not dominicanboy (dmncnby), right?

Nightz said:
BigAT, would you rather play our third game, or just have LJ give you the win since you got a loss in our first game (due to a disconnect)?

No rush either, because it wasn't a week 1 game anyway.

Red Sox/Astros needs to go down too.

BigAT

Nightz said:
Let's just play it. I could certainly use the experience and I don't feel like getting a cheap win at this point in the season.

Fixed1979

Sorry guys, had to disappear out of town for a couple days on short notice. Just got in the door. I'll login in a bit to see what's going on.

LJ11

Fixed1979 said:
Sorry guys, had to disappear out of town for a couple days on short notice. Just got in the door. I'll login in a bit to see what's going on.

Awesome, you need to re-accept the invite I sent, was messing around with some options to try and solve Denogs issues. You and he were the test subjects.

Rorschach

Mrbob said:
Miguel was on PSN before playing Rock Band. Also need an apb out on Fiddy.
Fiddy said through PM that he wouldn't be available all weekend. Miguel's roommate plays RB I think. Try aiming him.

Now, what's the best way to get a hold of KingBrave? :D

Kingbrave

Rorschach said:
Fiddy said through PM that he wouldn't be available all weekend. Miguel's roommate plays RB I think. Try aiming him.

Now, what's the best way to get a hold of KingBrave? :D

Magic? Smoke signal?

Just post here, I check it every few minutes. Are you ready for some games?

Miguel

AIM works best. Sorry guys, had people over friday night, and I regularly leave my PS3 on.

Been working on some stuff for work over the weekend, mixed in with a little bit of going out... Should be better about it this week. But AIM is always fairly nearby wherever I am, I can always at least give you an answer as to when I'm available.

Rorschach

Kingbrave said:
Magic? Smoke signal?

Just post here, I check it every few minutes. Are you ready for some games?
Yeah, I'm ready. I posted a few times asking for you, but I guess I asked for "vabrave" -_-

Kingbrave

Rorschach said:
Yeah, I'm ready. I posted a few times asking for you, but I guess I asked for "vabrave" -_-

Sorry, this weekend was my "Let's clean out those kidneys you filthy diabetic!" so I was gone until last night.
And yeah this username sucks but it wouldn't let me use vabrave which is what I prefer.

fixed i'm in the league lobby and sent you a challenge.... it's been sitting here for a couple mins says "updating".

it also took me about 5-7 minutes to get into sports central/the league lobby itself :lol

Nightz

GG AT. Correia pitched great in that game. Didn't even think he would make it to 6 innings with the number of pitches he threw at the beginning of the game, let alone get a CG shutout. The one guy in your lineup that scares the crap out of me is Matsui. He's a beast.

Fixed1979

FrenchMovieTheme said:
fixed are you seeing my challenges or messages?

I've been sitting at the challenge sent screen for about 5 minutes or so, let me back out and I'll wait for you to send.

EDIT: Accepted

awesome, another lost connection error.

is it just me or is it pointless to play anytime in the day/early evening? the servers are slow as fuck and i keep getting error messages eventually.

that was a sweet homerun too!

Top Bottom