• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 10 League: Zep's a No Show....again

Fixed1979

FrenchMovieTheme said:
awesome, another lost connection error.

is it just me or is it pointless to play anytime in the day/early evening? the servers are slow as fuck and i keep getting error messages eventually.

that was a sweet homerun too!

lol, I was like "That a great way to start the year, homerun off the first batter". Sucks about the connection either way. Did you want to wait a bit or try again? I sent another request.

JambiBum

French, I wonder if it's your connection that is causing dropped games. You're the only one that seems to have that problem. Although other people's games don't always get recorded.

Rorschach

JambiBum said:
French, I wonder if it's your connection that is causing dropped games. You're the only one that seems to have that problem. Although other people's games don't always get recorded.
Games take a while to record sometimes. -_- Took two days for one of mine to get recorded. :\ Still waiting on the last Boston game to get tallied.
Kingbrave said:
GG Rors.

How come it kicks me to the general lobby after every game?
GG. It does that to everyone, no? Can you play another one?

I have no business playing this game anymore. I'm so damn horrible. :|

Kingbrave

Rorschach said:
Games take a while to record sometimes. -_- Took two days for one of mine to get recorded. :\ Still waiting on the last Boston game to get tallied.

GG. It does that to everyone, no?

No idea, I was just making sure that I didn't hit the wrong button.

I don't think your horrible. I just got lucky.

And I can play the whole series if you want to get it out of the way.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I fear that unless I can solve this (and trust me I have spent most of today trying to) I am not going to get my games in on time. I still cannot get a stable connection to SC. I was able to play some early stealing random douche just now, but as soon as our game ended, I tried to check my league and I was promptly dropped from SC.

Rorschach

Send invite again SC booted me.

I can play one more game, but then I have to head out. I'll be back at 8 pst if you want to get the last one in after that.

[edit] Lucky is ok for a few runs, but not for a 13-3 score. :p

Kingbrave

DenogginizerOS said:
I fear that unless I can solve this (and trust me I have spent most of today trying to) I am not going to get my games in on time. I still cannot get a stable connection to SC. I was able to play some early stealing random douche just now, but as soon as our game ended, I tried to check my league and I was promptly dropped from SC.

I've been having problems with it all day. It takes me five minutes just to log into the league.

Kingbrave

Rorschach said:
Send invite again SC booted me.

I can play one more game, but then I have to head out. I'll be back at 8 pst if you want to get the last one in after that.

[edit] Lucky is ok for a few runs, but not for a 13-3 score. :p

It keeps kicking me out of the invite screen. I'll keep trying.

Fifty

I'm beginning to think that real life is going to make it unable for me to play my games. I've played one game only (full of lag no less) and I don't see any good chances in the next 4 days to play my games. I guess I could make it a #1 priority after getting home, but it's just not. I'll take shit for it, but I don't see myself getting my games in at a reasonable pace.

I see some people have played ten games, while others not a single one. I think the flex schedule will really be a problem. Not that that's related to my being unable to play my games in time.

JambiBum

For you guys getting stuck in the invite screen and such, try doing this. Log out of PSN completely but stay in the game screen. Then try doing a new invite. Sometimes when Trun and I can't get into a game I do that and it lets us play.

LJ11

Fifty said:
I'm beginning to think that real life is going to make it unable for me to play my games. I've played one game only (full of lag no less) and I don't see any good chances in the next 4 days to play my games. I guess I could make it a #1 priority after getting home, but it's just not. I'll take shit for it, but I don't see myself getting my games in at a reasonable pace.

I see some people have played ten games, while others not a single one. I think the flex schedule will really be a problem. Not that that's related to my being unable to play my games in time.

Why would flex scheduling be an issue? If guys have more free time they play more. They aren't waiting for the one or two guys who are holding up the league, you aren't forced to rush through series to keep up (3 games every 5 days). It keeps things moving. But yeah, flex scheduling is the problem...not guys flaking out, or shitty servers.

We'll see if its better for you tomorrow night Denog. I don't think anyone should get any shit for not getting games in, so long as they've made attempts at getting them done.

Nightz

So if we've finished our first 3 series, should we wait for the rest of the league to finish up, or can we move on ahead?

Fixed1979

Atreides any chance you'd be up for playing tonight?

Do we have to play the series in order? So 3 games of the first series in five days or can we play the second series at the same time?

storybook77 said:
We'll see if its better for you tomorrow night Denog. I don't think anyone should get any shit for not getting games in, so long as they've made attempts at getting them done.
Storybook I'm your 2nd series (Mets vs. Colorado). Want to give a game a try? My connection is usually pretty smooth.

turnbuckle

LJ11 said:
Why would flex scheduling be an issue? If guys have more free time they play more. They aren't waiting for the one or two guys who are holding up the league, you aren't forced to rush through series to keep up (3 games every 5 days). It keeps things moving. But yeah, flex scheduling is the problem...not guys flaking out, or shitty servers.

Yeah, I think the flex scheduling while restricting it to only the next 3 series on a players schedule is perfect. I misunderstood the settings earlier today when I thought that all 3 series had to be completed within the countdown timer. Seeing as how some people in the first week of the series haven't been available or have had technical problems, restricting others to only their current series would've been about the same thing as telling the rest of the league they had to wait as well. Considering how long some people have waited to get the league started (and my wait was a lot less than some others), giving people some flex to get The Show™ on the road is nice.

Rorschach

Kingbrave said:
GG Rors. So we can't have a close game, eh?
GG. I thought I was going to blow it even though it was a big lead. The long pause in the first few innings was me trying to switch Ethier and Loney because the game had swapped their positions. It wouldn't let me, so I let it slide because I didn't want to sub them out because they were both hitting well. It ended up costing me a few runs, but it finally let me at the bottom of the eighth thank goodness. Ethier was able to cover the ground Loney couldn't.

I don't know if you're still around, but I can play the last one.

im headed on now fixed!

if we disconnect again i'm going to check my settings. i've never had issues before but i've had 5 or 6 games kick me back to the lobby in MLB and i had it do it to me in madden tonight. it never signs me out of PSN or XBL though, so i don't know if that's possible, but i'll mess around with my networks settings if it happens again.

meet you in the lobby!

Kingbrave

Rorschach said:
GG. I thought I was going to blow it even though it was a big lead. The long pause in the first few innings was me trying to switch Ethier and Loney because the game had swapped their positions. It wouldn't let me, so I let it slide because I didn't want to sub them out because they were both hitting well. It ended up costing me a few runs, but it finally let me at the bottom of the eighth thank goodness. Ethier was able to cover the ground Loney couldn't.

I don't know if you're still around, but I can play the last one.

I'm coming on now. Was helping my cousin's boyfriend learn algebra.

seriously wtf :lol

there is absolutely no lag, and then suddenly it says delay, then disconnects. let me try to change the channel my router is using i guess. i don't have a cable long enough to direct connect to ps3 :(

turnbuckle

I'm having a very strange game. The game is 95% lag free, but the lag spikes are really severe when they occur. Sometimes pausing the game for a half second or more.

Fixed1979

FrenchMovieTheme said:
oh come on dude wtf.... another drop in the bottom of the 8th. ugh

That time it was me, sorry. No idea what the fuck happened. It wasn't MLB or my PS3, my entire internet connection dropped out.

Fixed1979 said:
That time it was me, sorry. No idea what the fuck happened. It wasn't MLB or my PS3, my entire internet connection dropped out.

ooooh ok, i was getting pissed thinking my internet is sucking balls :lol

that was a good one too. i couldn't fucking touch lincesemen. fucking 15 K's i think got DAMN. i even had you up to 135 pitches in the 7th and i STILL couln't get to him!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I just tried to connect at 550am EST. 1st time-froze my system while loading SC. 2nd attempt - dropped. Goddamn. I have not had any trouble until this weekend. Ugh.

Fixed1979

Alright FMT, I lost my connection after I posted again so I gave up. That's probably the first time in 2 months or more that my connection dropped like that. I'll be around all day and night (except for 3 hours or so when Vancouver play tonight), just let me know when you're free and we'll get this done.

Top Bottom