• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 10 League: Zep's a No Show....again

JambiBum

The Frankman said:
Try PMing/AIMing him also. Not all League guys live on this thread.
Isn't on aim and sent him a pm. He said he would be around last night but never showed. As long as we get it in before the timer is done it's fine. Just don't want to have to deal with that afterward.

LJ11

Dmncnby2k9 said:
Commissioner I should be around at 6. Get our series started.

No can do, rareside is my first opponent so that series needs to be finished by tonight. We have 5 days to get ours in, wouldn't worry about it just yet.

Miguel

What time are you available tonight Sanjuro? I will probably be home by around 9:15 central.

I've got the entire rest of the night free.

rareside

I'll be online tonight if anyone wants to play me. LJ11 is my first opp, so gonna get our series in 1st priority, but if anyone else wants to play I'm game.

rareside

turnbuckle said:
Ocotoco, you're incredibly good at avoiding the strikeout. Wish I could say the same for myself.

Practice makes perfect for sure. Was a good pitcher's duel. I HATE VERLANDER! You just made a couple mistakes.

JambiBum

DMczaf said:
Playing my first league game, we get disconnected :lol

MLB 11: "No seriously guys, THIS time we fixed online!!"

Wanna go again? Or would you rather wait until tomorrow since you want to watch house.

DMczaf

JambiBum said:
Wanna go again? Or would you rather wait until tomorrow since you want to watch house.

Rather not chance it, knowing my luck we'll go extra innings. We can play after House or tomorrow afternoon

JambiBum

DMczaf said:
Rather not chance it, knowing my luck we'll go extra innings. We can play after House or tomorrow afternoon
If I'm up at midnight my time I'll play. Only problem is that I'm sick so I seem to be going to bed earlier and earlier. If not I'll be on tomorrow afternoon.

LJ11 said:
Did you use Mejia yet? They gave him a running FB and a cutter, easy to jam lefties/righties.
... where? He's not in the GAF League, remember? If he's in the online roster I haven't played an online game today.

JambiBum

Frank, sorry I didn't respond last night. I would have played if I was around. I just kind of passed out at some point. If you're up for a game today I'll gladly play you though.

Sanjuro

Yeah, I can't play that late. I'll be around again today a bit later. I can go a bit later if we already start the series...but playing the first game at midnight I can't do always.

Miguel

It's my fault. I don't blame ya.

Should be home at a normal people time today (6:30-7)

Gonna be so glad next month once all this shit between two offices is over.

turnbuckle

rareside said:
Practice makes perfect for sure. Was a good pitcher's duel. I HATE VERLANDER! You just made a couple mistakes.

Hey, I missed your message yesterday about playing another. Sorry about that. It's unlikely that I'll be on too much over the next few days, but if I'm ever on and you want to finish the series lemme know. You made quick work of me yesterday, so I doubt games 2 & 3 will take long at all

After playing a few online games vs. non-GAF guys I'm reminded of the rules of the League. I would hope everyone in following them and isn't doing early stealing, obvious quick-pitching or doing any ridiculous shit. God it gets stupid sometimes...

JambiBum

The Frankman said:
There's always some lag during the afternoon I feel, high volume.
It's never been this bad for me. The thing is is that it isn't even like a constant lag. It's just tiny little lag spikes when I'm trying to pitch or hit. I can't do shit. Rare is throwing a no no on me going into the 8th inning. Want to just concede but I'm not gonna do that when someone is throwing a no hitter.

Edit: Great pitching rare. Sorry I broke up your no no lol. You're legitimately kicking my ass. Just wish it wasn't so laggy for me so that I could at least compete.

LJ11

The Frankman said:
After playing a few online games vs. non-GAF guys I'm reminded of the rules of the League. I would hope everyone in following them and isn't doing early stealing, obvious quick-pitching or doing any ridiculous shit. God it gets stupid sometimes...

Word, early stealing is banned from now on, don't want any of that shit in this league. It's a headache.

Also, what's the deal with some of you throwing to first on singles?

Sim baseball people.

rareside

Good games Jambi. The lag was quite annoying. Awesome job breaking up the no-no too. You would have to shake your head right before you did it too... I knew it was too good to be true. Damn Rios!

JambiBum

rareside said:
Good games Jambi. The lag was quite annoying. Awesome job breaking up the no-no too. You would have to shake your head right before you did it too... I knew it was too good to be true. Damn Rios!
Those were horrible games on my part :lol. The first 3 innings were good. But once I got to that third out in the third you just went bat shit crazy on me. I had a rough night last night (personal shit) so I wasn't really up to my normal hitting self. Plus the lag didn't help at all. Love how you noticed my crazy chasing after low pitches though and just kept going after it.
I knew you were good already but jesus christ. You should just go back on vacation :lol

rareside

LJ11 said:
Word, early stealing is banned from now on, don't want any of that shit in this league. It's a headache.

Also, what's the deal with some of you throwing to first on singles?

Sim baseball people.

I think I might've utilized an early steal once in my 7 games, what's the deal here? It is incredibly easy to defend against, and it tells you how to do it in the manual.

Hate to break it to you, but early steals happen in the majors, even with slow runners. If the pitcher sucks (or is just young/inexperienced) and doesn't pay attention, the runner will do as he pleases. Have you guys never seen this? The runner going before the pitch is thrown and the pitcher not noticing?

I'll play without the early steal if you guys wish, but next thing you guys are going to ban throwing balls because you keep swinging at pitches out of the strike zone.

Sometimes I think you guys don't know how to keep runners on. Just hold the ball a few seconds longer (SIM BASEBALL!).

LJ11

rareside said:
I think I might've utilized an early steal once in my 7 games, what's the deal here? It is incredibly easy to defend against, and it tells you how to do it in the manual.

Hate to break it to you, but early steals happen in the majors, even with slow runners. If the pitcher sucks (or is just young/inexperienced) and doesn't pay attention, the runner will do as he pleases. Have you guys never seen this? The runner going before the pitch is thrown and the pitcher not noticing?

I'll play without the early steal if you guys wish, but next thing you guys are going to ban throwing balls because you keep swinging at pitches out of the strike zone.

Sometimes I think you guys don't know how to keep runners on. Just hold the ball a few seconds longer (SIM BASEBALL!).

Videogames do not mimic realty. Sure it happens in real life, no is saying it doesn't.

We're playing a videogame, and there are limitations with what the developers can do. As currently constructed it's easily exploitable. You can step off the mound with L1, hold on to the ball to slow the run game, but I've seen guys go for the early steel while I'm holding the ball and quickly get back before I can make the throw over. Transition is too slow.

I've banned exactly one thing, it's not the end of the world.

DCX

DCX
eznark said:
fuck, mother in law just called she locked her keys in her car, so I gotta run another set over to her.
damn...we can play tonight then...my window is slowly shutting... :(

DCX

turnbuckle

Hey rare, got out of work a bit early today and am available if you want to finish our series. I won't be too disappointed if you can't though. Especially after hearing you almost threw a no-hitter already today.

Top Bottom