• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 10 League: Zep's a No Show....again

The Frankman said:
I'm just waiting on Storybook when he gets home.

You around? If I don't hear back from you in the next 15 minutes, I'm going to play Splinter Cell since I just finished God of War 3 and can move on to something else.

storybook77 said:
You around? If I don't hear back from you in the next 15 minutes, I'm going to play Splinter Cell since I just finished God of War 3 and can move on to something else.
Dude you gotta PM or AIM me. :lol

I'm here, DLing a PSN update.

EDIT: And still here...

Rorschach

Doytch said:
Rorschach, you got time for a game or two tonight?

And you still hogging Miguel, Sanjuro?
Sorry, hadn't seen this earlier and just got back. I'd be free now to play some.

[edit] There's a PSN update? -_- Guess I'll go dl that now...

The Frankman said:
http://www.theshowcommunity.com/boxscore/1705520

gg storybook77. About time all that frickin' BP paid off. Took another 300 Practice swings with various players on the Mets to understand their zones/PCI.

I still continue to get solid hits but to the wrong spots. At least I made somewhat of a game out of it towards the end. I'm just happy to be able to use Jimenez next.

I probably won't be around much tonight since I have to play (run my ass off in left field) a softball game @ 7:30 est and then I'm going to watch my DVR'd NFL Draft and Braves.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
rareside said:
We're week 4 opponents. Wanna play tonight?
If Bob and I are not playing (1 game left in the Cubs series), sure. I have Hudson scheduled to pitch next and I already used JJ (my #2 starter) against the Chubs once.

turnbuckle

rareside said:
I'm around if anyone wants to get a few in. My next series I haven't played is Denog and Frankman.

Playing our series made me worse at this game. Shattered my confidence. :(

Do you use power swing or regular swing? What's your general approach to hitting? I find myself swinging at bad pitches even as I know they're bad if I aim my swing. Somehow I'm programmed to think the game is about making contact at whatever is throw at me, rather than waiting for a pitch to hit. This has resulted in me having several games where I'd get struck out a ton of times by even people who have bad records and are using bad pitchers.

On a better note, I played a game yesterday where I struck out the guy 21 times. My first 17 outs on him were from strikeouts. And he wasn't really a bad player. I just got pretty lucky on giving up a lot of foul balls, a couple questionable ump calls in my favor, and I had somehow found a way to use a changeup. 95% of the time a changeup will get crushed by my opponent.

Sanjuro

You're my next series Kingbrave. Looking to play right now. Only requirement is that we play for HanRam's contract.

Doytch are you on?

Fixed1979

Who ever is waiting on me or is on my schedule I should be on for a good chunk of the weekend. Just send me a PM or whatever.

Kingbrave

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
You're my next series Kingbrave. Looking to play right now. Only requirement is that we play for HanRam's contract.

Doytch are you on?

If your still on I'm ready to play. I don't know why I didn't notice this sooner.

Sanjuro

He got a hit then disconnected shortly after. Balls.

Code:
Pitcher  	IP  	H  	R  	ER  	BB  	SO  	ERA
D. Lowe 	1.2 	3 	1 	1 	1 	0 	5.40
T. Saito 	1.1 	4 	2 	2 	0 	0 	13.50
O'Flaherty 	1.2 	2 	0 	0 	0 	2 	0.00
P. Moylan 	3.1 	3 	0 	0 	0 	4 	0.00
Totals 	8.0 	12 	3 	3 	1 	6

Kid wasn't too bright anyway.

Sanjuro

Kingbrave said:
GG Sanj.

Did you want to get our other two in?
GG.

Ehh I want to, but much of that game I was watching the Sox, Celts, Bruins. My neck hurts :(

Are you going to be up late like 10-11 EST?

DCX

DCX
eznark said:
Dcx ill be home around midnight if you wanna play tonight. Free all day sat/sun then too.
perfect, i have the weekend off so i can stay up late and at least get two in, if not the whole series.

DCX

Sanjuro

Kingbrave said:
GG Sanj. I suck.
Fuck You Wakefield!!!
This is the only video game which has gotten him down correctly. He is my favorite player on the team so it's pretty awesome....but when he is bad....goddam

Kingbrave

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
This is the only video game which has gotten him down correctly. He is my favorite player on the team so it's pretty awesome....but when he is bad....goddam

I like the dude. I just can't hit a knuckleball. Or pretty much anything.

Kingbrave said:
Fuck, I suck.
How much Practice time are you doing? If your problems reside in hitting, do what I do: minimum 200 swings with whatever team you have (various hitters) in Practice mode. If pitching, try to research hitters' weak spots and your pitchers' strengths.

LiveWire said:
OK I'm finally back from hell week. Who's my (Nationals) 2nd series opponent? When are you free today or tomorrow?
I'm your next opponent. You wanna try to play some games in about 15 minutes? I'm leaving town today and won't return until tomorrow night.

LiveWire

pistolpete2940 said:
I'm your next opponent. You wanna try to play some games in about 15 minutes? I'm leaving town today and won't return until tomorrow night.
I have my Madden league game at noon, but I can play immediately afterwards (1PM Eastern)?

Top Bottom