• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 10 League: Zep's a No Show....again

Replied to your PM storybook77. Also posting here for LJ11-whoever my 3rd series is. Going to Philly tonight (7-ish?), won't be back until Wednesday-Thursday at the earliest.

LiveWire

pistolpete2940 said:
That should be alright. Let me know when you're ready

pete, ready to go, logging on to PSN now.

Ah, goddamn PS3 updates. How effin' buggy is this system? It's like every time I turn it on there's an update. Worst console ever. Probably will be another 5-10 min pete, my apologies.

Doytch

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I want to punch Doytch in the goddam face.
S'all good, our free healthcare works wonders:
halladayterminator_thumb3.jpg

You want to play?

DCX

DCX
eznark said:
I'm available all day long DCX (and anyone else who I can play)

aim me at bpqb7
my bad last night, i was sooo tired...i'm mad i didn't wait the extra few minutes :/ I can play tonight for sure. I'll be on around 10pm est and be free all night.

DCX

eznark

Banned
DCX said:
my bad last night, i was sooo tired...i'm mad i didn't wait the extra few minutes :/ I can play tonight for sure. I'll be on around 10pm est and be free all night.

DCX
perfect, Brewers game should be done by then. Barring anything unexpected I should be around.

Sanjuro

Doytch said:
Can't believe I hung that curve.... Had your ass shutout.
I was making good contact, that pitcher did a excellent job of limiting me. I still couldn't believe that ball wasn't off the wall at the end of the game!

I couldn't believe I got a good piece on that HR in comparison to the other pitches. I thought it was your cutter.

Doytch

Yeah, was a curveball I wanted to drop in the dirt but ended up in the zone. Was working him like normal and just going for a change of pace with that pitch.

e: God I love how it keeps disc me from Sportsconnect.

LiveWire

gg Pete. Ugh, the Nats are horrible batters. About the only entertaining part of that game was watching Placido Polanco nearly take a swing at the 1st base ump and get thrown out. I can only hold a team to so few runs. :/

I mean, I solid connect on pitches over the middle of the plate and I foul, chop, or hit dribblers to the infield. I paint the effing corners, set-up my pitches and basically throw 95% unhittable pitches, and the Phillies' lineup JACKS the shit out of everything. :lol

LiveWire said:
gg Pete. Ugh, the Nats are horrible batters. About the only entertaining part of that game was watching Placido Polanco nearly take a swing at the 1st base ump and get thrown out. I can only hold a team to so few runs. :/

I mean, I solid connect on pitches over the middle of the plate and I foul, chop, or hit dribblers to the infield. I paint the effing corners, set-up my pitches and basically throw 95% unhittable pitches, and the Phillies' lineup JACKS the shit out of everything. :lol
Yeah, I noticed that. Guzman pulled balls foul twice that just missed the foul pole for a homerun and Adam Dunn hit a double that I was surprised stayed in the park.

Doytch

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
GG Doytch. Did it freeze for you afterward as well?
Nope. Sorry for quick pitching in the middle innings by the way, I was pissed off as all hell for getting lit up and picked off twice. =\

For some reason it kept stopping me from stealing third. I'd be mashing the steal button and he wouldn't go. Shit pisses me off. Always happens when I try to steal third, the only way I've reliably been able to send the runner is with a quick steal but I didn't want to use it...

Sanjuro

Doytch said:
Nope. Sorry for quick pitching in the middle innings by the way, I was pissed off as all hell for getting lit up and picked off twice. =\

For some reason it kept stopping me from stealing third. I'd be mashing the steal button and he wouldn't go. Shit pisses me off. Always happens when I try to steal third, the only way I've reliably been able to send the runner is with a quick steal but I didn't want to use it...
Np. Are you able to close out the series?

JambiBum

pistolpete2940 said:
Yeah, I noticed that. Guzman pulled balls foul twice that just missed the foul pole for a homerun and Adam Dunn hit a double that I was surprised stayed in the park.
you around for our series?

Sanjuro

Good series Doytch.

That beginning of that game scared me as I didn't have control over any of my initial pitches. Hence why I beamed two different guys. I was just praying it would even out and he didn't get tossed from the game.

rareside

Wow...

What a game. Can't say I'm happy about the way I gave up runs 2 and 3, but I had my shot in the 9th. GG, hope the next 2 are as exciting!

turnbuckle

Just had a 19 inning epic with Jambi. If anyone else wants to play a game (league or exhibition) pm me. Gonna just be studying for finals in the interim.

DCX

DCX
eznark said:
Good game, DCX. I gotta take off, another tomorrow?

Why does Octoco have 16 games played??
oh, ok. Yea sounds good. Sucks all my contact went right to a fielder while yours found the hole every time :/

DCX

eznark

Banned
You gonna be able to get a game in this afternoon? If we start before 530 I am good. If not we'll have to get in two tomorrow night.

Mrbob

Yeah I'm staying within the current schedule, trying not to get too far ahead. I don't think the league can advance beyond a certain time anyway, so I don't want to end up in a situation where I'm not playing a game for 15 days straight being too far ahead.

Sanjuro

eznark said:
So did we throw the schedule out the window?
No. The flex scheduling helps out when people have the chance to play. My week one opponent didn't show up for that week. Let's say my week four opponent doesn't but is able to get a series in right away?

Sticking straight to the schedule will be just like last year. If you can get in your games, do so. People keeping the league community thriving consistently is going to help. In a perfect world we would get to week X with maybe a couple series remaining.

Sanjuro

eznark said:
Feels like its just a free for all race to hurry up and wait for the playoffs. Strange way to play a season.
I did this more last year. It just felt like a disappointment when a majority of my games played by the end of my time with the game were just randoms. I rather play against people I know.

Top Bottom