• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 10 League: Zep's a No Show....again

LJ11

LiveWire said:
Who is Fixed? Is that a player or a CPU matchup on my schedule?

Seriously?

Good games dominicano! We'll finish it up on Wednesday, I'll be out of town tomorrow. Couldn't turn the double play in that last game, and Pavano's release is a bitch to pick up for some reason.

LJ11 said:
Seriously?

Good games dominicano! We'll finish it up on Wednesday, I'll be out of town tomorrow. Couldn't turn the double play in that last game, and Pavano's release is a bitch to pick up for some reason.
Good games man. U shut me down with Tillman that first man :lol

Rorschach

LiveWire said:
Yea, seriously. WTF does "Fixed" mean? If it's a CPU matchup why doesn't it say VSCPU or something like that?
That's his tag. In the op:

Giants - Fixed1979 (Fixed)

DCX said:
ugh...i'm getting sick of losing for realz :(

DCX
Play me. It's a guaranteed win for you. :D Unfortunately, I can't play 'till midnight EST today, but tomorrow I'll be around in the evening.

eznark

Banned
DCX said:
ugh...i'm getting sick of losing for realz :(

DCX
I cannot believe that last game. Tons of weird ass shit happened. My accidental intentional walk, your (I assume unintentional?) use of Chan Ho Park, crazy baserunning accidents...

All the games were good though. Connection got a little choppy there in extra innings.

Nice series man.

DCX

DCX
eznark said:
I cannot believe that last game. Tons of weird ass shit happened. My accidental intentional walk, your (I assume unintentional?) use of Chan Ho Park, crazy baserunning accidents...

All the games were good though. Connection got a little choppy there in extra innings.

Nice series man.
good series, yea plenty of times i had the baserunner dead to rights on first and my fielders decide lets throw fucking home!!!! I'm sick of bs like that, and one play you hit the ball hit the pitcher, he then seems to throw the ball to the catcher then he throws to first and your man appears to be safe yet they call him out :( Bizzaro game.

DCX

Kingbrave

BigAT said:
How does 1:30 EST sound?

Sounds fine to me.

When you guys want to play me, I'm pretty much always home. Except for doctor visits and random trips to go buy me shiny stuff. Ooh shiny. lol.

Why is the online such a crapshoot for a game that's released yearly? When I played Sanjuro it ran fine, but with Rorschach it was a laggy mess and now with BigAt we are having problems connecting.

BigAT

Kingbrave said:
GG BigAT. I thought you were gonna come back and win.
GG Brave. That one inning really sucked for me. Ramirez leads off the inning and reaches first on a dropped third strike, then a throwing error on the double play ball that followed. Things fell apart for me after that and four runs was the result.

Sorry about pegging Hanley like that after the bunt. I know it might have seemed intentional, but I just completely lost control with that pitcher when I was throwing from the stretch for the first time.

Kingbrave

BigAT said:
GG Brave. That one inning really sucked for me. Ramirez leads off the inning and reaches first on a dropped third strike, then a throwing error on the double play ball that followed. Things fell apart for me after that and four runs was the result.

Sorry about pegging Hanley like that after the bunt. I know it might have seemed intentional, but I just completely lost control with that pitcher when I was throwing from the stretch for the first time.

I didn't think it was intentional. It would of been funny if it had been though.

gg dcx. i realized after i walked arod that it was a stupid move cause of textiera. luckily it didn't cost me. i only won because of a couple wild pitches..... served you up some meat balls after my pitcher was gassed :(

turnbuckle

Great game yesterday rare. I thought I was gonna steal a victory, but I just KNEW Hamilton was going to knock me out. That guy has my number like noone else (outside of Omar Vizquel). I really really need to quit swinging at balls in the dirt. I think my problem is my perception of the strike zone is off a bit and everything that I know is low looks like a borderline strike. When I hit L3, I see just how wrong I always am.

I think my next series is against Story. The semester just ended yesterday and I don't start summer classes until the second week of May, so I'm quite flexible any weekday after 5pm EST. If you get a chance, you might want to start the series sooner than later Story - I'm in a hell of a slump lately.

turnbuckle said:
Great game yesterday rare. I thought I was gonna steal a victory, but I just KNEW Hamilton was going to knock me out. That guy has my number like noone else (outside of Omar Vizquel). I really really need to quit swinging at balls in the dirt. I think my problem is my perception of the strike zone is off a bit and everything that I know is low looks like a borderline strike. When I hit L3, I see just how wrong I always am.

I think my next series is against Story. The semester just ended yesterday and I don't start summer classes until the second week of May, so I'm quite flexible any weekday after 5pm EST. If you get a chance, you might want to start the series sooner than later Story - I'm in a hell of a slump lately.

Are we on to series 4-6 already? or are we doing series 1-3, 2-4, 3-5, etc...as it advances? I should be available later this evening.

turnbuckle

storybook77 said:
Are we on to series 4-6 already? or are we doing series 1-3, 2-4, 3-5, etc...as it advances? I should be available later this evening.

I'm not sure where the league as a whole is at, but you're the next opponent on my schedule. If other people that come before me would rather play, they of course should take precedence. I tend to keep my PS3 logged into the game when I get home from work, so if you ever see me on and want to play a few just send me a challenge.

BigAT

Kingbrave said:
GG Bigat. Nice comeback. I think I'm gonna go cry. :lol
GG, that game played very similarly to our first one, except I was actually able to finish the comeback this time around. :D

Want to knock out game 3 now?

Also, has anyone found a definitive way to set and save a lineup? No matter how many times I do it, it always defaults back when I get into a game.

Kingbrave

BigAT said:
GG, that game played very similarly to our first one, except I was actually able to finish the comeback this time around. :D

Want to knock out game 3 now?

Also, has anyone found a definitive way to set and save a lineup? No matter how many times I do it, it always defaults back when I get into a game.

Every game I've won, the other team has almost came back and one. Except for the 13 to 3 blowout.

And sure, let's finish this sucker up.

BigAT

Kingbrave said:
Another GG Bigat. I couldn't do crap against you that game. Nice complete game.
Thanks, GG and good series. Pinero was really dealing that game, I had great control with him throughout.

BigAT

eznark said:
BigAT, I think you and I are week 4? If so I can play them all today if you want.
Yeah, we're week 4. I'll be out from 7-10EST tonight or so. Other than that, I should be available to play.

Does anyone have any idea how the progression of injuries works? Scott Kazmir's condition (returns in 2-3 weeks) has yet to change despite my team playing 7-8 games since his injury. Is it based off of the number of games I've played or the actual progression of the league? Being without my #2 starter the entire season has sucked.

eznark

Banned
BigAT said:
Yeah, we're week 4. I'll be out from 7-10EST tonight or so. Other than that, I should be available to play.

Does anyone have any idea how the progression of injuries works? Scott Kazmir's condition (returns in 2-3 weeks) has yet to change despite my team playing 7-8 games since his injury. Is it based off of the number of games I've played or the actual progression of the league? Being without my #2 starter the entire season has sucked.

Wanna get a game in now?

eznark

Banned
Huh, that was my first dropped connection in forever. Did you get booted or something, saw you got logged out.

nm just saw your message

eznark

Banned
Good game BigAT. I really thought McGehee had tied it there at the end! Unconventional move switching pitchers in the middle of the at-bat there, was hoping it was going to bite you!

Not using it as an excuse, but holy shit it's hard to watch an extra-innings game and play a tense one at the same time.

BigAT

eznark said:
Good game BigAT. I really thought McGehee had tied it there at the end! Unconventional move switching pitchers in the middle of the at-bat there, was hoping it was going to bite you!

Not using it as an excuse, but holy shit it's hard to watch an extra-innings game and play a tense one at the same time.
Yeah, I didn't really want to but I had absolutely no control with Jepsen at that point. The first two pitches of the AB weren't even remotely where I wanted them. I thought that hit was gone as well, thank god it only bounced off the wall. GG, very exciting game.

rareside

turnbuckle said:

Maaaaan, you definitely had me on the ropes. You significantly stepped up your game. That fastball that I was blowing you away with in the 1st inning became the fastball that ended up in the bleachers by the 5th inning...Yikes! My only hope was to get you fishing.

Got lucky that you gave me some good balls to hit late in the game. You like my Teagarden pinch hit? He's awful in real life but for some reason I hit decent with him in the Show.

Good game, you'll get me sooner or later. I just hope you won't taunt me on the keyboard when ya do.

Rorschach

The Frankman said:
I assume you tried AIM and PMing him.
He doesn't have AIM in his profile or in the OP. Guess PM works. Is it really too much to ask for people to check this thread once in a while, though? I mean, as long as you're on GAF anyway. May as well add it to the subscriptions list...

Top Bottom