• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 10 League: Zep's a No Show....again

Rorschach

Alright, screw it, I'm done. :\ I have the time now, but not the patience for it. I was even direct connected on those last few attempts.

Sorry, Doytch. The Dodger game will probably start before we do at that rate.:lol

JambiBum

Fixed1979 said:
JambiBum - Let me know if you're up for a game or two before the Canucks game. If not then I'll be around all day tomorrow, with the exception of maybe brunch, let me know either way.

Sorry I missed this fixed. Was busy playing reach and didn't check the thread. I'll be around tomorrow. Should be on around 2 est.

Rorschach

Doytch said:
NP, thing is totally annoying. Just really horribly designed all-in-all.
Yeah. I think it's partly because it's evening on a weekend. We could try to get another (or maybe both games) earlier tomorrow if you're available.

Mrbob

You awake this morning?

Edit: I'm gonna play GTA4 on PC for a bit so hit my up on AIM or on Live if you see this.

Mrbob

I tried it out...the view is pretty cool but it needs some professional seasoning. It is a bit shaky. Wouldn't mind seeing GTA5 like this though. The sense of scale is crazy in first person.

LJ11

Fixed1979 said:
LJ I think we're up for the third round, will you be on at all later today/tonight?

I'm really sick dude, no telling when I'll just fall asleep or wake up, all messed up. Is tomorrow good alright?

Doytch

Rorschach said:
Oops barely saw this. Was distracted by the Lake Show. :p

Sure, let's try it. Post here if you're still around.
Yup. Just refreshed before starting an exhibition actually. :lol

turnbuckle

Doytch said:
I GOT ROBBED, TURN! Such great baserunning too.

Yeah you did. THis game is doing everything to help me out. Tossing your player, calling you out when you weren't even tagged... and yet you're still ahead :lol

Fixed1979

JambiBum said:
Holy shit fixed that game was close lol. Do you want to finish our series?

lol I shut it all down after that 2run homerun for you to win it. Good game! Sorry for bailing, but I was pretty rotted at that point. Tim Lincecum has started twice for me and has gotten lit up both times. If you're around and want to play the third game tonight let me know.

Fixed1979

LJ11 said:
I'm really sick dude, no telling when I'll just fall asleep or wake up, all messed up. Is tomorrow good alright?

No worries man, tomorrow is going to be pretty tight (Canucks game). We can see how everything is tomorrow. Get better!

JambiBum

Fixed1979 said:
lol I shut it all down after that 2run homerun for you to win it. Good game! Sorry for bailing, but I was pretty rotted at that point. Tim Lincecum has started twice for me and has gotten lit up both times. If you're around and what to play the third game tonight let me know.

I'm around now. Lincecum pitched well except you leave too many curves up in the zone. Don't start them so high up and you should be fine.

Fixed1979

JambiBum said:
I'm around now. Lincecum pitched well except you leave too many curves up in the zone. Don't start them so high up and you should be fine.

It wasn't only that, there were a couple things I just messed up on ie: waiting to catch a pop up fly at first and then diving the wrong way just before it landed (still not sure what happened there). I'll jump on now.

JambiBum

Fixed1979 said:
It wasn't only that, there were a couple things I just messed up on ie: waiting to catch a pop up fly at first and then diving the wrong way just before it landed (still not sure what happened there). I'll jump on now.
Yeah that pop fly thing made me laugh pretty hard. I thought you were just trying to screw around and maybe jump up before the ball got there because I do that sometimes for fun. Then I realized that maybe you hit dive instead of jump. :lol

Challenge sent by the way.

Fixed1979

JambiBum said:
Yeah that pop fly thing made me laugh pretty hard. I thought you were just trying to screw around and maybe jump up before the ball got there because I do that sometimes for fun. Then I realized that maybe you hit dive instead of jump. :lol

Challenge sent by the way.

Accepted...

I was like wtf, then laughed at it. Then you ended up scoring a couple that inning =(.

I love playing this game, but I really don't have a clue what I'm doing or how to actually play baseball.

JambiBum

Fixed1979 said:
Accepted...

I was like wtf, then laughed at it. Then you ended up scoring a couple that inning =(.

I love playing this game, but I really don't have a clue what I'm doing or how to actually play baseball.

God damnit. That's the first time we really had any major connection issues.

Fixed1979

It's my internet, it dropped on me...sorry. Did you want to try again?

That's the second Sunday in a row it just dropped all of a sudden, gonna have to call and bitch.

I wish it saved dropped games...sucks.

EDIT: oh shit, that's a loss. We were only in the third =(.

JambiBum

Fixed1979 said:
It's my internet, it dropped on me...sorry. Did you want to try again?

That's the second Sunday in a row it just dropped all of a sudden, gonna have to call and bitch.

I wish it saved dropped games...sucks.

It gave me the win so I don't know what we are supposed to do in this situation.

Fixed1979

JambiBum said:
It gave me the win so I don't know what we are supposed to do in this situation.

Technically you were winning so I don't really have a problem with it. Would have been nice to play it out though.

JambiBum

Fixed1979 said:
Technically you were winning so I don't really have a problem with it. Would have been nice to play it out though.

Did you really make a post that you have no idea how to play baseball earlier? I'm not trying to rag on you or anything, I'm just confused as to why you would buy a baseball game if you don't know how to play. Please enlighten me lol.

Fixed1979

JambiBum said:
Did you really make a post that you have no idea how to play baseball earlier? I'm not trying to rag on you or anything, I'm just confused as to why you would buy a baseball game if you don't know how to play. Please enlighten me lol.

It's true. I rented 09 last year and enjoyed it, then said fuck it and bought 10, it's probably the first baseball game I owned since the NES days. I don't remember the last time I watched an entire baseball game, and I've only ever been to one, I usually don't even watch the highlights. I know the rules and some very very general things. But what pitches to throw when and who's who...not a clue (well except for the more well known names).

MLB is a good game, I like playing competitive sports games, and no one really plays NHL 10 (which is too bad).

JambiBum

Fixed1979 said:
It's true. I rented 09 last year and enjoyed it, then said fuck it and bought 10, it's probably the first baseball game I owned since the NES days. I don't remember the last time I watched an entire baseball game, and I've only ever been to one, I usually don't even watch the highlights. I know the rules and some very very general things. But what pitches to throw when and who's who...not a clue (well except for the more well known names).

MLB is a good game, I like playing competitive sports games, and no one really plays NHL 10 (which is too bad).

I used to play NHL 10 but stopped because none of my friends really played it anymore. Traded it in not too long ago.

LiveWire

LJ you can sim my series against DCX. Early stealing and when the connection started getting hairy while I was pitching he's still stealing bases. I'll take the forfeit rather than playing a douchebag game like that.

DCX

DCX
LiveWire said:
LJ you can sim my series against DCX. Early stealing and when the connection started getting hairy while I was pitching he's still stealing bases. I'll take the forfeit rather than playing a douchebag game like that.
That was an error friend. I was mashing buttons and he morphed to second. the game was fine before that and the lag was making unbearable. The reason arod got to second so fast was the lag, hell there was a time where it looked like i swung and missed a pitch only for it to connect for a foul ball like 2 seconds later. Whatever dude, you bitch whenever you lose anyway so it doesn't matter.

I'm a crappy madden player and Show player yet i'm cheese. lolz

DCX

Mrbob

Use AIM Frankman.....I've been in and out all night (home all weekend) and haven't seen a message from you on it. Anyways I'm here now maybe we can squeeze one game in.

LJ11

LiveWire said:

It's DCX dude, I doubt he did it on purpose. Kiss and make up.

Top Bottom