• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 10 League: Zep's a No Show....again

Rorschach

Doytch said:
Hey Rorschach would you be free for a game tonight, say sometime around 10 EST?
Ooh, sorry. Already scheduled my Madden game around that time. How does tomorrow look for you? I'll be free after 8:30 eastern.

LiveWire

Since I'm having so much trouble getting my 2nd series opponent to respond, whomever is my 4th or 5th series opponent(s) let me know when you're free to play our series. For reference, I am the Washington Nationals.

BigAT

LiveWire said:
Since I'm having so much trouble getting my 2nd series opponent to respond, whomever is my 4th or 5th series opponent(s) let me know when you're free to play our series. For reference, I am the Washington Nationals.
I'm your 6th series opponent if you want to get some games in.

LJ11

Kingbrave said:
What series are we supposed be at now? I think I'm ready for my fifth, but I don't want to get to far ahead or behind.

As soon as this week advances (week 2) you can move on to 5 but don't go past it.

LJ11 said:
As soon as this week advances (week 2) you can move on to 5 but don't go past it.
So basically as of now no one go past Week 5? Ok...

Also MrBob, these repairs I have to do in Philly are taking longer than I thought. I'll take the bus back to NY Saturday morning and be ready to play sometime in the afternoon.

Doytch

Rorschach said:
Ooh, sorry. Already scheduled my Madden game around that time. How does tomorrow look for you? I'll be free after 8:30 eastern.
Nah I'll be out tomorrow night. Over the weekend sometime?

LJ11

Dmncnby2k9 said:
LJ back from ur trip so we can finish that series?

I'm sick as a dog dude, caught a bug and I've been in bed the majority of the day. Hopefully I feel up to the task tomorrow, I'll force myself regardless. Just need some rest today.

LJ11 said:
I'm sick as a dog dude, caught a bug and I've been in bed the majority of the day. Hopefully I feel up to the task tomorrow, I'll force myself regardless. Just need some rest today.
O alright man. Hope u get better.

Fixed1979

So I created an AIM login so it would be easier for people to get hold of me for games. It's set as my email address though, anyway I can change my screen name?

eznark

Banned
BigAT said:
Eznark, I should be around the rest of the day. If you want to knock out the remainder of our series, let me know.
Sorry I was out of the office all day, I'll be around tomorrow all day pretty much though.

Fixed1979

Good games Livewire. That last one was a little crazy, especially after the pitching in the first two games was so good. Really enjoyed all of them.

Edit: I just remembered that I popped my R2 trigger off after your 2-run homerun in the 8th to take a 1 run lead. It was one of those pop on ones but still lol.

LiveWire

ggs Fixed. Started really tight defensively and then the 2nd game opened up a little, and the 3rd game, :lol. Zimmerman finally got his bat going big time. The Nats can actually hit the ball, yay! Oh and I saved that hilarious triple play file in Movie Maker. How do I upload it so the league can see? :lol

Fixed1979

LiveWire said:
ggs Fixed. Started really tight defensively and then the 2nd game opened up a little, and the 3rd game, :lol. Zimmerman finally got his bat going big time. The Nats can actually hit the ball, yay! Oh and I saved that hilarious triple play file in Movie Maker. How do I upload it so the league can see? :lol

lmao, there were some funny mistakes. The triple play was a good one, it took me a second to realize the guy at second didn't tag up, there was like a 5 second pause when we were both waiting for it to go back to the pitching screen, then I realized I had to get back to first somehow.

LiveWire

How about that shitty home plate ump? Effin' pitches were a full baseball inside the strike zone...nope, ball 4. I wish there was a "send the manager at the ump" button. :lol

JambiBum

Fixed you're my next series so whenever you're ready to go just send me a pm or post in here. Should be around most of the day.

BigAT

Angels' Santana Throws No-Hitter Against Brewers

So I somehow managed to throw a no-hitter, with Ervin Santana of all people. I had a 7.84 ERA with him coming into this game. Thankfully the few balls that got hit hard were hit directly at a fielder.

The announcers certainly aren't superstitious. They were talking about the no-no every chance they got.

GG and good series Eznark. I feel quite lucky to have walked away with all three, every one of them was really tight.

eznark

Banned
I was riding a 4 game winning streak going into that series too. Not a whole lot of offense, I think the vast, vast majority of runs were on bombs.

Those two bean balls were not intentional, by the way. Also, I wouldn't have run up three pinch hitters were it not still a close game.

rareside

Wow, a no-hitter already! Congrats! A feat I've yet to accomplish this year. Nicely done.

As for the league, I'm around tonight on and off if anyone wants a game. If we're not due to play I'm always game for an exhibition.

AIM me @ rareside

BigAT

eznark said:
I was riding a 4 game winning streak going into that series too. Not a whole lot of offense, I think the vast, vast majority of runs were on bombs.

Those two bean balls were not intentional, by the way. Also, I wouldn't have run up three pinch hitters were it not still a close game.
Don't worry about it, even if it had been purely for the purpose of breaking up the no-hitter I would not have had a problem with it.

eznark

Banned
The Frankman said:
We'll see what the Commisioner says...
pft, it was a 3-0 game, I'm not going to let two righties and a pitcher hit when I am loaded with lefties on my bench. Plus, I had to pull Escobar for Counsell. Can't let the white man linger on the bench the entire game.

Fixed1979

JambiBum - Let me know if you're up for a game or two before the Canucks game. If not then I'll be around all day tomorrow, with the exception of maybe brunch, let me know either way.

Doytch

The excruciatingly long time it takes to send a league invite just makes the SportsConnect disconnects that much worse.

e: Ahh, it just disconnected me.

Rorschach

^^^That wasn't even a disconnect. That was a freeze.

I hate to be a Negative Nelly, but I hate this game more than life itself.

Doytch

BASERUNNING CONTROLS

Man I blew it so hard in that rundown... I'll be free in 30-45mins if you want to play another.

Top Bottom