• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 10 League: Zep's a No Show....again

God I hate this lag. Just got ridiculous at times, then suddenly it's fine, then laggy again. Next time if the score is 0-0 and it's that bad I'm FQ'ing. The check swing by Reyes, the grounder in the 1st where my fielder runs away from the ball ... got damn :lol

EDIT: I just realized something...

This is the 3rd series, 7th game of the year. How is Carlos Zambrano even starting? Even with a 4-man rotation Zambrano shouldn't be pitching.

Fixed1979

LJ11 said:
Fixed, if you're free tonight I'm ready to go.

Good to hear, I need to take care of a couple things after work so I might not be getting home until 6:30MST or so. I'm not sure of you're time zone but if you're still up for it then I'm good to go.

Mrbob

The Frankman said:
God I hate this lag. Just got ridiculous at times, then suddenly it's fine, then laggy again. Next time if the score is 0-0 and it's that bad I'm FQ'ing. The check swing by Reyes, the grounder in the 1st where my fielder runs away from the ball ... got damn :lol

EDIT: I just realized something...

This is the 3rd series, 7th game of the year. How is Carlos Zambrano even starting? Even with a 4-man rotation Zambrano shouldn't be pitching.

He pitched the first game of the season. Then I had two simmed games because Fiddy decided to quit. I then pitched 2-3-4 against Denogg. Now I started Z against you. It was his second game pitching. Rotation is fine, you get my 1-2-3. Simmed games don't affect stamina.

Dunno if I can get to the store tonight, but I'm going to go buy a 25 foot cat 5 cable to try and hook up my PS3 wired to play this game online. My connection is 16mb download/2mb upload. My connections are always great because I have great internet connection, but the PS3 wireless can't maintain its upload speed. The PS3 wireless in my 60gb model is complete garbage. :( This is why we can go four innings of perfect ball and then have it lag spike in the 5th inning...then go back to normal and work again for a couple innings before having issues again. I did some tests and sometimes I get 2mb upload, then 1.5 or 1.2...can't stay consistent. I believe it is these upload variations are why it spikes at times. With a wired connection hopefully it stays consistent.

turnbuckle

Mrbob said:
He pitched the first game of the season. Then I had two simmed games because Fiddy decided to quit. I then pitched 2-3-4 against Denogg. Now I started Z against you. It was his second game pitching. Rotation is fine, you get my 1-2-3. Simmed games don't affect stamina.

Dunno if I can get to the store tonight, but I'm going to go buy a 25 foot cat 5 cable to try and hook up my PS3 wired to play this game online. My connection is 16mb download/2mb upload. My connections are always great because I have great internet connection, but the PS3 wireless can't maintain its upload speed. The PS3 wireless in my 60gb model is complete garbage. :( This is why we can go four innings of perfect ball and then have it lag spike in the 5th inning...then go back to normal and work again for a couple innings before having issues again. I did some tests and sometimes I get 2mb upload, then 1.5 or 1.2...can't stay consistent. I believe it is these upload variations are why it spikes at times. With a wired connection hopefully it stays consistent.

Yeah, getting a wired connection to my ps3 made a night and day difference. I have a 25 meg connection and my game still had a lot of fits when I played wirelessly. You'll still get some variation in your connection because ISPs hate freedom, but overall I suspect you'll have a much better time once you switch.

I have a 60 gb model too - maybe the wireless is worse in those in general? My laptop generally is a couple megs slower wireless than it is wired, but I never experienced half the lag in online games with that as I do on my PS3...and it's happened a lot outside of just The Show.

Mrbob

I wish I could go buy a 3rd party USB adapter for my PS3. As much as it pained me to buy the 360 adapter it actualy works pretty flawlessly.

I did some research on the topic of wireless for 60gb models and we might have drawn the short straw. It is known that there are different wireless adapters in 60gb PS3 models. Some worked better than others.

Mrbob said:
Mrbob said:
I wish I could go buy a 3rd party USB adapter for my PS3. As much as it pained me to buy the 360 adapter it actualy works pretty flawlessly.
I did some research on the topic of wireless for 60gb models and we might have drawn the short straw. It is known that there are different wireless adapters in 60gb PS3 models. Some worked better than others.
Ok I gotcha. I use a wireless router, WRT54GL flashed with Tomato software but wired the connection to my PS3. Usually I don't get much lag, and I'm more comfortable with games that are laggy throughout because at least then you expect the lag. I also forgot your sched had Fifty on it (auto win)

Trust me, if you go wired:

wrt54gl.jpg

+

Tomato firmware. Works beautifully.

turnbuckle

The Frankman said:
Ok I gotcha. I use a wireless router, WRT54GL flashed with Tomato software but wired the connection to my PS3. Usually I don't get much lag, and I'm more comfortable with games that are laggy throughout because at least then you expect the lag. I also forgot your sched had Fifty on it (auto win)

Trust me, if you go wired:

wrt54gl.jpg

+

Tomato firmware. Works beautifully.

This is exactly what I use. WRT54GL + Tomato.

Mrbob

I have a high end dlink gaming router, it works well overall for me.

I bought a big ass cable and have PSN hooked up wired now. If this doesn't work I don't know what else will. I have to head out again but will be home in about an hour if you want to knock these other two games out. Best to play me tonight when I have blurry vision in one eye due to a contact lens ripping on me today! Won't have a replacement till Thursday get a couple free wins tonight!

I never liked playing two games in 1 day unless there is a 3 hour difference in-between games. Sometimes you need to digest/analyze results and the like.

I'm eating now, will be on around 10:15.

edit: if you're not 100% feeling well we can wait. No problem.

Mrbob

It is fine...just send me a message on aim when we can play? We'll knock out at least one tonight. I don't want to hold up the week and honestly its a long 50+ game season so I'm not too concerned about Ws and Ls right now.

JambiBum

I use a Linksys wireless WRT54G2. It's a little newer than the one Frankman and Turn use. I have it wired to my 360 and my room mate's desktop but my other 360 and PS3 are wireless. I usually never have any problems with my connection unless my actual modem goes out which happens time to time because of AT&T.

rareside

Damn, congrats Dmncnby2k... the best (most exciting) game I've played the entire league. That's the biggest whoopin' anyone's given me in awhile too. Baker was in the zone most of the game; got lucky on some hits down the line.

Look forward to the rubber game!

I also look forward to a roster sans Rich Harden. That guy sucked anyway.

rareside said:
Damn, congrats Dmncnby2k... the best (most exciting) game I've played the entire league. That's the biggest whoopin' anyone's given me in awhile too. Baker was in the zone most of the game; got lucky on some hits down the line.

Look forward to the rubber game!

I also look forward to a roster sans Rich Harden. That guy sucked anyway.
Hell yea man. Great games so far. I been struggling with Baker. I couldnt get down his delivery. Third game should be good. Tomorrow same time should be good for me.

Mrbob

Wired is the key. Great success.

Randy Wells might have lost the game (still pitched a good one couldn't knock in runners!), but he had the coolest hit of the early season! Frankman saved it hopefully he can upload it to youtube.

LJ11

Fixed1979 said:
God that last game was terrible. I swear I don't know how to pitch with Lincecum.

Probably his release point, once you get it down he'll be a monster.

Bob messaged me during that first game on AIM, dropped my controller, which caused that double steal. May have been the difference...thanks Bob!

Fixed, instead of throwing into 2nd/3rd from the deep outfield, press L1 to hit the cutoff man (in between outfield and infield).

Just a quick update, Bob is waiting on his contact lenses before finishing his series with Frank, should be done by Thursday. I'm expecting Braves/Mariners to get done in the next day or so as well.

What's the status of Yanks/Rays? FMT/DCX, you guys played one game, did you not finish it out or were the other two games not counted?
If they weren't counted who won, so I can assign wins.

Fixed1979

LJ11 said:
Fixed, instead of throwing into 2nd/3rd from the deep outfield, press L1 to hit the cutoff man (in between outfield and infield).

I tried doing that a couple times after you mentioned it. But I was messing it up still for some reason I was holding the base (ex: square) and L1. I did just look in the book and figured it out though.

I also can't get over how many base runners I left stranded, good pitching in both games by yourself.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I think Christian Bale and Josh Freeman are overated and anyone who thinks otherwise is a moron.

DMCzaf, when can you play?

PS - Batman is a pussy.

That oughta' do it.

Rorschach

Doytch said:
You gonna be free to finish up the series tonight Rorschach? I'm good around 7-10ish EST.
Gotta check, but I THINK I should be able to go at after 830 ET. I may be able to go sooner, though. I'll post again at 6 ET to confirm.

turnbuckle

Fixed1979 said:
God that last game was terrible. I swear I don't know how to pitch with Lincecum.

I've pitched my best game and my worst game using him. My problem is I need to get better at using curves and changeups - with everybody. Tim's curve is beautiful, but I don't know how many times I've left it hanging in the zone only to see it get crushed.

LJ11 said:
Bob messaged me during that first game on AIM, dropped my controller, which caused that double steal. May have been the difference...thanks Bob!

Ughhh I hate when that happens. I try to make sure I set my controller face down on the couch because I must've hit L2 a dozen times on accident when I set it down for a second. And you can't undo it either - once you hit L2 they'll run after the pitch no matter what. At least I'm pretty sure, as I've spammed the heck out of R1 R2 in a frenzy trying to cancel out the L2 press.

Rorschach

Sorry, Doytch. Never stood anyone up before. :\ Turns out I can't play. Something came up on my way back. Tried to get to interweb access as soon as I could. :(

Super sorry.

[edit] Just got back. Sorry again, but I got called on an emergency and Verizon dun lied about their 3G coverage! I'm sketchy on tomorrow, but it seems I'll be available from 6 pacific on.

I'll gladly take the LJ assigned loss, though!

rareside

Awesome, awesome series DMNCNBY2k8.

Apologies for that early steal in the 2nd inning (I think). After I drew the walk I threw the controller on the ground to force myself to take a pitch and I guess I activated the steal. Nothing came of it anyway.

I blame the lag for some of my ridiculously wild pitches that last game. Usually I can at least put it somewhere the catcher can block it. And that 9th inning pickoff attempt that ended up in the stands..I was PISSED! You played a hell of a series. I really did not expect you to lay one down in the 9th.

Most fun series by far. Great competitor.

7-5 W
6-7 L
4-3 W

Two runs separated us the entire series.

Top Bottom