• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 10 League: Zep's a No Show....again

Doytch

Rorschach said:
Sorry, Doytch. Never stood anyone up before. :\ Turns out I can't play. Something came up on my way back. Tried to get to interweb access as soon as I could. :(

Super sorry.

[edit] Just got back. Sorry again, but I got called on an emergency and Verizon dun lied about their 3G coverage! I'm sketchy on tomorrow, but it seems I'll be available from 6 pacific on.

I'll gladly take the LJ assigned loss, though!
It's cool, life happens. Gonna have to try for the weekend, since I'll be out on Friday most likely.

rareside said:
Awesome, awesome series DMNCNBY2k8.

Apologies for that early steal in the 2nd inning (I think). After I drew the walk I threw the controller on the ground to force myself to take a pitch and I guess I activated the steal. Nothing came of it anyway.

I blame the lag for some of my ridiculously wild pitches that last game. Usually I can at least put it somewhere the catcher can block it. And that 9th inning pickoff attempt that ended up in the stands..I was PISSED! You played a hell of a series. I really did not expect you to lay one down in the 9th.

Most fun series by far. Great competitor.

7-5 W
6-7 L
4-3 W

Two runs separated us the entire series.
Great series indeed rareside! Last game I was 2 damn aggressive man. Every single game was close and full of drama. I was glad in actually got a bunt down after hundreds of tries :lol. Only way i thought i could cash in.

LJ11

Fixed1979 said:
Good game LJ, left my starter in for a bit too long and you managed to light him up at just the right time.

Yeah, definitely caught a break. Good series man.

Amazing connection too. Felt like you were in my living room, I managed a check swing with a pitcher, you also had a good check swing too. Wish every game was like that. You're in Canada so I definitely didn't expect it to be that good.

BigAT said:
Yeah, did you pick up JaMarcus Russell for your second baseman? Whoever that was had horrific range.

yeah he is slow as balls. i was also mad that they didn't rule any of them errors, but when you had an identical play (ball goes through the legs) it is an error!

oh wellz :( we'll finish the series tomorrow probably if you're around!

Mrbob

Frank get ready for around 10CST...I'll hit you up on aim.

Gonna play CB now in a madden game, we can play after.

Mrbob said:
Frank get ready for around 10CST...I'll hit you up on aim.

Gonna play CB now in a madden game, we can play after.
ok I'll leave AIM on.

next series I face dm and the Mariners. What time is good tomorrow for you dm? Anytime after 10 EST is fine for me, but if you'll be around earlier I'll check my sched.

BigAT

I think the game only hands out errors when it directly causes them. I was standing right over that ball, the game ran whatever calculations and the equation returned for my fielder to let it go through his legs, so it's an error. Whereas there have been times where I have SERIOUSLY misplayed balls that would have been routine outs, but the game counted them as hits.

I think for the animation you kept getting, the game considers those balls to be out of his range, as opposed to being playable balls that go beneath the glove.

I think I'll be around tomorrow night.

BigAT said:
I think for the animation you kept getting, the game considers those balls to be out of his range, as opposed to being playable balls that go beneath the glove.

I think I'll be around tomorrow night.
If it's the animation I'm thinking of, you have to dive early for those. It varies from fielder to fielder and you almost have to commit early, but it's the only way to prevent that animation.

Mrbob

Yeah the inning steamrolled from that missed play by the ump. Ended up scoring 7 runs in an inning after that. Of course it didn't help you gave me two free outs that inning trying to go to home instead of taking the sure out! Crazy inning!

I think the week is over now?

http://www.theshowcommunity.com/boxscore/2341685

... I really need to find a way to calm my emotions during games. On a wild pitch my throw beat the runner by a mile and the ump called him safe. Normally I don't take chances and I run towards the guy and tag him, but the animation locked in place... all Hell broke loose after that. Blown throws where the first command isn't canceled, more wild pitches, and destroyed focus made Maine have an Oliver Perez-like outing. Considering I was trying to give my boppers and day off made it worse.

ugh. Perez-Santana-Pelfrey and onto dm and Seattle.
Yeah the inning steamrolled from that missed play by the ump. Ended up scoring 7 runs in an inning after that. Of course it didn't help you gave me two free outs that inning trying to go to home instead of taking the sure out! Crazy inning!

I think the week is over now?
I did, the throw did not cancel. First press can be overriden as long as it's not maxxed.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I will do my best to get Batman in here so he and I can play our games. I will try AIM tonight later and try to track him down. Sorry for the delays.

DM!!!!!!!!

The Frankman said:
ok I'll leave AIM on.

next series I face dm and the Mariners. What time is good tomorrow for you dm? Anytime after 10 EST is fine for me, but if you'll be around earlier I'll check my sched.
10 sounds great Frankman.

LJ11

DenogginizerOS said:
I will do my best to get Batman in here so he and I can play our games. I will try AIM tonight later and try to track him down. Sorry for the delays.

DM!!!!!!!!

Games have been "simmed". Couldn't hold up the league for much longer, it's been 7 days, hope you guys understand.

rareside

Denog, let me know when's a good time for you to get 2 games in.

I'll be around LATE LATE tonight (from midnight or 1am CST until I pass out).

Tomorrow I'll be free in the morning/early afternoon.

Nightz

FMT, I think you're my series 4 opponent. I may not be available tonight, but I'll try to find some time during the weekend to play.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
rareside said:
Denog, let me know when's a good time for you to get 2 games in.

I'll be around LATE LATE tonight (from midnight or 1am CST until I pass out).

Tomorrow I'll be free in the morning/early afternoon.
I will not be up that late. As for tomorrow, I already have plans.

Top Bottom