• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 10 League: Zep's a No Show....again

Doytch

Kershaw's curve....I thought I had it read at the start, but I obviously didn't. Sometimes I'd sit on it, recognize it, and still hack at it though it was in the dirt. :lol

Rorschach

He was on fire with everything but his slider. Before I threw the slider, I knew it was gonna be a HR, but there was no going back.

Another shitty glitch. Throw the damn ball, Kemp! Throw the damn ball, Manny! ugh And it starts lagging like crazy in the 9th. Game hates me.

rareside

How come you're the only one that has a problem with me?

I did nothing wrong. Played within all league rules.

You played a good game and came up with the loss.

Doytch

Rorschach said:
He was on fire with everything but his slider. Before I threw the slider, I knew it was gonna be a HR, but there was no going back.

Another shitty glitch. Throw the damn ball, Kemp! Throw the damn ball, Manny! ugh And it starts lagging like crazy in the 9th. Game hates me.
Yeah I remember I was waiting for a curve when I got that slider. Didn't really try to adjust or anything and just ran into it.

Oh, and that weird running play I did? The one on the grounder to third with the runner at second? I realised that my runner on second was gonna be out, so I figured I'd get him into a rundown and try to advance the batter to second during the rundown. Wasn't trying any weird shit....just lucked out, mostly.

vabrave, you're my next series (week 6). You got anyone else to play first?

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
rareside said:
How come you're the only one that has a problem with me?

I did nothing wrong.

You played a good game and came up with the loss.
You took advantage of two CPU glitches.

1) you threw me out at second when inexplicably my runner started to leave base and I was clearly running back.

2) in the last inning, mccann was frozen and you ran from 1st to second on a walk.

Both instances were clearly not baseball plays

rareside

DenogginizerOS said:
You took advantage of two CPU glitches.

1) you threw me out at second when inexplicably my runner started to leave base and I was clearly running back.

2) in the last inning, mccann was frozen and you ran from 1st to second on a walk.

Both instances were clearly not baseball plays

I've played over 200 games of MLB and have never experienced either "glitch." I've also lost almost 50 games and know how to lose gracefully.

Runners don't magically try to advance bases. They don't ever do that. EVER!! Either you were trying to steal a base on me or you accidentally hit L1 or L2. Don't even try to say that was a glitch.

As for that last play, I've never, ever seen that in my many games, but what do you want me to do? Swing at all your garbage pitches and then assume your player is frozen? Again, I've never seen that play happen, but in a 2-2 game in extra innings, I can't "assume" that your player is frozen. I play heads up baseball and take advantage of opponent's errors.

Again, I've played plenty of people here on these boards. You seem to be the only one with a problem. You accuse me of fast pitching the first game so I brought things down to a crawl this game to appease you.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
1) You fast-pitched our first game. That is not up for dispute.

2) With 2 outs and Chipper Jones at the plate, who on Earth would try to steal second while a catcher Is holding a ball? Not me. Regardless, you took advantage of a situation despite it making no sense for me to try to steal and I was returning him to second.

3) Why would I purposefully have McCann let you walk to first and steal second in a 2-2 tie? Again, you saw an advantage that was unorthodox and took advantage.

I don't care how many games you have played. You play like a punk and I don't care to play you. It is simple as that. And as for telling me to lose more gracefully, I am pretty sure those who play me in the Madden league will attest I fight hard to the bitter end and am a good sport win or lose.

And one last thing: referring to my pitches as garbage is laughable. You threw a fair share of garbage pitches, but THAT is a part of a normal baseball game.

rareside

1) Like I said, I play many games. I have a quicker pace than you when pitching. As you seem to take almost 10 seconds between pitches, usually I only need a few. I play enough to know what pitches I like to throw in succession. With that said, there are tools that allow you to slow a pitcher down (HOLD R3). You did this, and I realized that I needed to slow down, and I did the rest of the game. That is the best way to tell a pitcher to slow down, and I complied. I usually mirror the pitch speed of the opponent, but you pitch slow as molasses and I can't stand to take that long between pitches.

2) I don't know what's going through your head. I don't assume anything about the opponent when playing. I stay alert and I caught you on a human mistake. It was stupid for you to get off the bag. You messed up here big time.

3) I've never seen this happen before. But what's going through my head at the moment is "He just threw ball 4, it gets away, maybe he thinks the game is in animation mode now and not real time." You had already made a mental mistake the previous inning, so I took a few steps towards 2nd, realized you wouldn't have time to reach the ball and throw me out. I still don't know for certain if you were frozen or just not paying attention, but I would lend more credence to it being a bug. I think you were dialed in. But again, in the moment, never once did I think you were "frozen." Did you record it by chance? Be something good to send the devs way if indeed it is a bug.

Again, in the heat of the moment, I don't take anything for granted, especially in a 2-2 tie in extras. I play aggressive baseball and yes I do take advantage of human errors.

gg dmczaf, I can't believe Jack Wilson took me deep. Holy crap. :C

... of wtf again? Let me just say as a person who played against Denogg, he is a fair tough player. Also I would be remiss if I didn't add that this isn't the first OR second lodged complaint against you here rareside. Dial it down, seriously.

Rorschach

Doytch said:
Yeah I remember I was waiting for a curve when I got that slider. Didn't really try to adjust or anything and just ran into it.

Oh, and that weird running play I did? The one on the grounder to third with the runner at second? I realised that my runner on second was gonna be out, so I figured I'd get him into a rundown and try to advance the batter to second during the rundown. Wasn't trying any weird shit....just lucked out, mostly.

vabrave, you're my next series (week 6). You got anyone else to play first?
Oh, no I didn't think there was anything shady going on. Great series. Just a few dumb things (game's fault) that happened along the way. :\

JambiBum

I didn't have any problems with rare and he kicked my ass two out of three games.

He fast pitched a little but I did some practice swings and it slowed him down. Not really too big of a deal.

Rare if you're around I'll play you a couple of games now actually. Need something to do before the UFC fight tonight.

dmczafx23 is available 7:18 pm
The Frankman86 11:01 pm
(11:01:24 PM): just wondering, it's almost 11 PM on the east coast. You up to playing GM 2 tonight?
dmczafx23 is away 11:02 pm
really dmczaf? That's cold. :lol

rareside

The Frankman said:
... of wtf again? Let me just say as a person who played against Denogg, he is a fair tough player. Also I would be remiss if I didn't add that this isn't the first OR second lodged complaint against you here rareside. Dial it down, seriously.

I don't have any qualms with Denog's play style. He played a hard game and it took some timely hitting in extras to sneak out with a W. It could have gone either way. We both took no-hitters into the 5th inning.

As for "dialing it down", I just take offense when people call me out for "glitching" or cheating when it's the furthest from the truth. Case is closed as far as I'm concerned.

eznark

Banned
Denog, it's up to you to let your opponent to slow down their pitching. Check swing, pop up swing analyzer, say something (if you are both mic'd). I pitch fast as hell because I get into a rhythm and don't think about it. Just like in the majors, you think a guy is pitching too fast it's up to you to slow him down.

Tempo is a strategy in The Show as much as it is in actual ball, man.

The rest of your complaints, I don't know since I haven't played him, but it sure seems like rare is grating on people for some reason.

eznark said:
Denog, it's up to you to let your opponent to slow down their pitching. Check swing, pop up swing analyzer, say something (if you are both mic'd). I pitch fast as hell because I get into a rhythm and don't think about it. Just like in the majors, you think a guy is pitching too fast it's up to you to slow him down.
However one of the rules in this league is no quickpitching. In other words, wait 1 second before pitching. It's the reason people almost did not use Fast Play.

gg dmczaf.

crap, I need to stop having these innings where I score and allow runs the next half-inning. That just can't happen at all, especially with an ace on the mound.

BigAT

Is there anyway to see what the sliders are for the league? Specifically, the Pitch Speed setting, the one that determines literally how fast the pitch comes to the plate and how much time you have to react.

I'd like to practice with that setting offline, but I can't find the slider settings anywhere online. I don't know if the final decision ever got posted in this thread, but I don't know if I would be able to dig that up even if it was.

Doytch

The Frankman said:
However one of the rules in this league is no quickpitching. In other words, wait 1 second before pitching. It's the reason people almost did not use Fast Play.
u crazy. You're the only person who didn't want fast play, just so you could ogle Reyes' hair and Wright's smooth skin as they come up to the plate.

LJ11

pistolpete2940 said:
LJ, I'll be around after the cavs game (around 6:15 or so). Let me know if you want to try again

Dude, I had a family thing last night, got home really late. Had to finish up my Madden league so I didn't have time this evening. I'll be around tomorrow all day, I'm on standby jury duty so I have nothing to do for a few days.

BigAT said:
Is there anyway to see what the sliders are for the league? Specifically, the Pitch Speed setting, the one that determines literally how fast the pitch comes to the plate and how much time you have to react.

I'd like to practice with that setting offline, but I can't find the slider settings anywhere online. I don't know if the final decision ever got posted in this thread, but I don't know if I would be able to dig that up even if it was.
Pitch speed is default.

Kingbrave

I have a new slimmer Ps3. I'm redownloading all my games and patches right now. So eznark and doytch I'll be ready whenever ya'll want to play.

turnbuckle

storybook77 said:
Turnbuckle, I might be around later tonight, say around 11 est.

Sounds good, just lemme know if you can't make it. Haven't played in over a week so you should be able to beat me by a greater margin than you probably already would have

eznark

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
anyone have games against the Rays that they want to play? nightz?!
I think you and I are up, correct?

Also, what's going on with the dead PS3 situation? Simulation?

Oh shit, didn't see your update King. Want to get one in now?

Top Bottom