• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 10 League: Zep's a No Show....again

Doytch

Yeah def GG. I was so happy when Wells hit the come-from-behind HR in the 9th, and then equally down when Downs gave it right back in the bottom. :lol Nunez had zero command though, it was nuts.

turnbuckle

bob, i'll be available the rest of the night if you're up for any tonight. May hop on the 360 so just send me a pm or post here if you get on

Mrbob said:
Turnbuckle I just got home you there?

Ha, excellent timing :lol

Mrbob

Yeah Soriano gets a 3 run jack after the error, that was the difference in the game. Wild game too holy cow. :lol

Lets play the next two at night. Seemed like we both had a tough time picking up where the ball was on hits in the field. :lol

I can play another game tomorrow, just let me know when you are free.

Just got your PM. Let me dissect it.
Ummm yeah, you made some curious decisions on the basepaths. Controller issues I guess.
I'm buying a new controller when I go to Philly, I can't stand the thing pausing for no reason and the baserunning issues. The bunt where my runner decides to inch his way to 2nd ... if he ran you would've had to throw to 1st. Then the 2nd one I nearly chucked the controller through the TV. But both teams played hard.
As for the "steal", I'm surprised you didn't realize what I was doing. You had me GIDP all freaking game!! After grounding into FOUR DOUBLE PLAYS!! , I decided to send a runner on a 3-1 count thinking I'd get a strike.

Instead you gave me a nasty curve and I get caught like a fool at second (even though the replays showed I was safe - watched em after the game).
It was a 6-1 game in the 9th. You just scored a few runs. C'mon now... I just double-checked. Now as you can attest to by the way I pitched I'm very unfamiliar with most of the Rangers outside of Vlad and maybe Kinsler, but isn't Chris Davis one of those big lumbering St. Louis Cardinals type of white power-hitting guys with little/average speed? It explains why I threw you out when Reyes had to jump to catch it and Feliciano threw a change. Just like in the NBA, THE BALL DON'T LIE. Both teams played hard.
Regardless you forced me into being a patient hitter which I am usually not. You also pitched awesome when I had runners on.

Great games. Good luck the rest of your season.
I had chances, especially the 3rd game. Worst possible outcome was Ollie having one of his wild stretches in Game 3, I usually score my runs late but down 4 runs off the bat is not my cup of tea.

Both teams played hard. Good night and God bless.

rareside

Exactly. Davis isn't the slowest runner on the team, but he's pretty damn close. There's absolutely ZERO reason to steal with him ever. At least getting thrown out kept you from turning 5 DP's. Four was good enough.

I wish I had the real Rangers 1st baseman for GAF-league (Smoak). Don't know why they don't have him in the minors in our league. Like him much better than Davis.

eznark

Banned
Doytch said:
Especially when facing a powerhouse offensive juggernaut like Mestball.
Or when you have the Brewers bullpen. Under 8 I am trying to get more insurance. 8+ lead is when I will no longer put guys in motion, sorry. Once you see Trevor Hoffman pitch, you will understand why.

If you don't like it, however, I have no problem with getting drilled. That, my friends, is real baseball.

Doytch

Anyone know if there's a way to get the boxes for all the games (league or otherwise)? The community page only has the last 28 on the Recent Games screen.

eznark said:
Or when you have the Brewers bullpen. Under 8 I am trying to get more insurance. 8+ lead is when I will no longer put guys in motion, sorry. Once you see Trevor Hoffman pitch, you will understand why.

If you don't like it, however, I have no problem with getting drilled. That, my friends, is real baseball.
Well, ma Twins bullpen gave up a 9 run lead, so im padding that lead all i can :lol

rareside

Agreed. I usually stop playing aggressive ball after I get ahead by about 8 more than the opposition. Definitely stop when I'm ahead by 10. A 5-run lead can quickly disappear.

eznark

Banned
Dmncnby2k9 said:
Well, ma Twins bullpen gave up a 9 run lead, so im padding that lead all i can :lol

Serious. My team (and to be honest, my skill) simply is good enough to consider a five run lead a sure win.

eznark said:
... some of you guys are not confident mofos. There, I said it. :lol

Mrbob

Dmncnby2k9 said:

o_O

I did almost blow a 9 to 3 lead against the Tigers...held on to win 10 to 8. That is the crazy thing about baseball at times, no lead can be truly safe. :lol I was all over the plate with Lilly that game. He is usually my rock in the starting rotation but got pounded. Thankfully I had enough offense and one timely error to net me 3 more runs to hold onto the win!

Mrbob said:
o_O

I did almost blow a 9 to 3 lead against the Tigers...held on to win 10 to 8. That is the crazy thing about baseball at times, no lead can be truly safe. :lol I was all over the plate with Lilly that game. He is usually my rock in the starting rotation but got pounded. Thankfully I had enough offense and one timely error to net me 3 more runs to hold onto the win!
:lol exactly. Never give up. Thats why u gotta love baseball.

Mrbob

eznark said:
Know thyself, friend. Always important to have a realistic evaluation of your own skill level.

Just need enough wins to get into the playoffs, and then anything can happen. You can have the best team in baseball during the regular season and then get swept to start the playoffs. I know this too well as a Cubs fan. :(

eznark

Banned
Mrbob said:
Just need enough wins to get into the playoffs, and then anything can happen. You can have the best team in baseball during the regular season and then get swept to start the playoffs. I know this too well as a Cubs fan. :(

I'll be happy if I play .500 ball this season. I'd consider that a real victory.

I have had a killer early schedule and didn't help myself by sleepwalking through my 1st series. For all my talk out practicing and extra BP it means shit if you don't scout (at least to me), and I haven't done that at all...

I'm visiting relatives for graduation celebration and tech crap, so I'll be gone the next 3-7 days. I'll inform whomever my opponent is and use the opportunity to actually check out the info on players on the teams I know jack about.

turnbuckle

eznark said:
Know thyself, friend. Always important to have a realistic evaluation of your own skill level.

I'm just hoping I finish the season at .500. I won a few close games, but my overall online record is a better indicator of my actual skill (think I'm like 44-58 or something). If I'm ever feeling like I've gotten better, all I need to do is play a game against Rare to put me back in my place. :lol

JambiBum

Good game last night rare. Too bad no one could hit off of your starter like they did in the ninth though. Would have been a different ball game.

rareside

Yeah that was a fun game. You definitely made it interesting in the 9th. I think my batting practice pitcher accidentally came out of the dugout for that last frame.

I was pitching crazy fast because Frankman had just messaged me and I wanted to get our 2 league games in. Next time I won't be as rushed on the mound.

Top Bottom