• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 10 League: Zep's a No Show....again

Rorschach said:
I'm fucking direct connected and I still get frozen in the fucking league menus? Are you fucking kidding me? This is the most frustrating game I've ever played online and I suffered through the birthing pains of battle.net and steam!
You can tell if lag will be an issue when navigating menus after an invite. For some reason it's like the netcode isn't broken up from the pre-game to the actual game, makes no sense.

The Frankman said:
You can tell if lag will be an issue when navigating menus after an invite. For some reason it's like the netcode isn't broken up from the pre-game to the actual game, makes no sense.

It's so stupid. Our game was completely fine as far as lag goes. The whole pre-game menus need a total recode, it's just trash. I can navigate menus, stats, leagues, etc. with no problems in NCAA or Madden which seem to have a lot more going on in them than MLB does yet MLB is the fucking slowest of them all of getting from one screen to the next. It shouldn't take forever to fix my rotation or my lineups.

Mrbob

Verlander shut down my offense in a must win game for the Tigers to avoid the sweep. GGs Turnbuckle, Verlanders 95 mph fastball with his 80mph curve are a deadly combination!

Rorschach

storybook77 said:
It's so stupid. Our game was completely fine as far as lag goes. The whole pre-game menus need a total recode, it's just trash. I can navigate menus, stats, leagues, etc. with no problems in NCAA or Madden which seem to have a lot more going on in them than MLB does yet MLB is the fucking slowest of them all of getting from one screen to the next. It shouldn't take forever to fix my rotation or my lineups.
The best part is that it doesn't save your lineups after all that waiting. :lol

Nightz

GGs Live. My offense hasn't exploded like that all season. Sorry about all the hit batters in the last game...dunno what the heck was up with Garland's control.

Game froze on me at the post game screen of the third game. Did it register?

LiveWire

Nightz said:
GGs Live. My offense hasn't exploded like that all season. Sorry about all the hit batters in the last game...dunno what the heck was up with Garland's control.

Game froze on me at the post game screen of the third game. Did it register?

Yea, ggs. It registered. Effin' ridiculous grand slam. A 69-mph low inside pitch and Eckstein golf clubs it 420. Greeeeeat. :lol

Nightz

New patch released:

- Addressed lock in Tropicana Field when pressing Select to view Pitcher/Batter Status window.
- Fixed issue with trade offers not being saved properly and being lost when the saved file was loaded.
- Added batting stance animations for Ryan Braun, Carlos Gomez, Gabe Gross, Matt Joyce, Kevin Kouzmanoff
- Fixed issue on Make Trade screen with multiple user teams, preventing user from incrementing and decrementing the viewed organization making trades with other teams impossible at times.
- Fixed issue in Franchise when injuries are set to auto. MLB Injuries notifications were not being dispatched.
- Fixed issue with any user song over 244 warping around and play a different user song whether you save/restore or not.
- Fixed RTTS issue, where classic baserunning sometimes ran after arriving safely at a base, if held down the R1 button till slide started.
- Fixed issue with bounced pitch with 3-2 count, if fielded instantly off the bounce by the catcher, was calling an error on the catcher.
- Fixed Game Intro with incorrect records for teams in post-season.
- Fixed pitcher potentials in season and franchise modes.
- Don't allow a renewable or arbitration eligible player to accept a contract unless he's really interested in it.
- Fixed Newspaper information in Online League office. Correct scores, winner/loser, etc.
- Intentional walk Online gameplay issue addressed.

- Fixed issue with the auto-fix feature in rosters not working correctly all the time when a downloaded roster was used.
- Minnesota day and night, backstop changed to Limestone
- Fixed issue to accurately show the number of games in progress when looking at the game/lobby room list.
- Fixed issue causing players placed on trade waivers to not be withdrawn if claimed by a user controlled team (offline season).
- Fixed issues with attendance.
- Allow teams to send down a reliever and keep 2 closers on the roster.
- Unranked Online Games should not count towards points, win/loss nor stats.
- Fixed issue causing trades to be offered by the user's team even when set to MANUAL trades.
- Fix catcher throw decisions when AUTOTHROWING is on.
- Scout challenge from certain locations addressed.
- Sounds of the show fix, for overflow problem when storing more than 255 songs. This is referring to storing the songs in a playlist.
- Exiting chatroom fix after completing the game.
- Fixed issue causing position players to be in the bullpen leading to an issue in franchise and career mode.
- Fixed bug causing trades to not be accepted during spring training.
- Create a player using these stances/deliveries: Stances: Bay Jason, Barmes Clint, Barton Daric, Fukudome Kosuke, Kemp Matt, Longoria Evan Pitch Deliveries: Kuroda Hiroki, Lilly Ted
- Fixed Hard drive game data space and messages.
- Road to the Show Presentation Mode settings are now saved after rebooting the game.
- Fixed Road to the Show issue when on the Game Stats screen after skipping training then playing a game.
- Fixed issue in Franchise Mode and controlling of 30 teams and releasing a lot of players.
- Fixed issue when selecting "Movie Maker" with 10 replays for a movie when 11 are present.
- Fixed ball deflection sounds off players.
- Fixed issue with Pitcher batter status window.
- Fixed issues with injuries during online games.
- Fixed fielding issue with catcher overthrowing to first base on a dropped third strike.
- Fixed fielding issue with the ball in the dirt right at the feet of the user catcher.
- Fixed an issue when Playing a tiebreaker game.
- Fixed MOM bug where batter bunts every time you select hit-and-run
-Fixed HR not being called in Pologrounds when the ball is hit off the foul poll
-Fixed issue in Franchise mode where renewable or arbitration eligible player would accept any offer
-Fixed bug in online where mischief values would cause some users Sportsmanship rating to drop to 0
-Fixed Brandon Wood (Angels) having Nick Adenharts head and vice verse
-Fixed Clayton Mortensen's face
-Fixed the MLB.com ticker in-game.
- Online addition of Game History option in user list options. Can be found in Leaderboards, League Lobby, Buddy List and Schedule screens.

Online Leagues
-Games that diverge (drop, disconnect etc..) will now be thrown away. (This is a stop gap measure for MLB '10. In MLB '11 we will allow commissioners the ability to reset games that diverge.)
- Online League issues addressed: standings, injuries, free agents, schedule, lineup, pitcher rotation, team management.

Doytch

Hey Kingbrave, I don't think one of our games got recorded. Want to replay it tonight at 10?
-Fixed Brandon Wood (Angels) having Nick Adenharts head and vice verse
Ghost of Nick Adenhart :lol :lol

DMczaf

Nightz said:

Sony San Diego is on it!

cubicles.jpg

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
What a fuck up. Last year it was perfect to pretty decent for some people and this year they took a million steps backwards online instead of forwards.

This is 2k level bs. I'm not even in the league and this pisses me off a lot.

turnbuckle

Yeah, it's not like there's a lot that changes from year to year. We get a few new animations and updated stats, but 90% of the game is identical. How they manage to botch this game year after year online (and make it worse in some cases) beats the hell outta me.

LJ11 said:
So there's like no way to go online now until they issue a new patch. How big is this fucking studio?

So can we have extra time now due to this to get our games in....last thing I want is me or Rors to win with a run on a 3rd out. :lol

turnbuckle

Can you play online without downloading the update? I would think not, but this is my first year playing online so I can't really remember. If you can't, I'll probably be stuck downloading it tonight as I want to get a few games in but find myself not caring about single player anymore.

To compensate, they should implement an online rivalry option. I'd love to play some 5-10 game series against a player and actually have to worry about fatigue outside of league play.

Sanjuro

You guys are fucking pussies. If you don't want runs scored on you DON'T let them onto third base to begin with! Always blaming the game.

Sanjuro

The Frankman said:
holy shit I'm fucking dying here. If MLB 2K was anywhere near relevant Sony might've had a problem.
Who are you kidding, now is your chance to perfect your Mestball bases clearing 2-out infield pop up.

Seriously though, I wish 2K was relevant.

Mrbob

The Frankman said:
holy shit I'm fucking dying here. If MLB 2K was anywhere near relevant Sony might've had a problem.

Don't be a drama queen. This is a big mistake but Sony said the fix will be up tomorrow. 2K would never fix this. See: NBA2K10

Or any of their other products. 2k sports is crap on a stick.

Mrbob said:
Don't be a drama queen. This is a big mistake but Sony said the fix will be up tomorrow. 2K would never fix this. See: NBA2K10

Do you know just HOW many patch problems MLB 10 has had? These are no brainer shit also on par with NBA 2K10, see the very first patch. Hell we still have incorrect Game Logs and pitchers who are white on one side and black on the other! :lol :lol

I mean when you're "the greatest MLB game ever" you really shouldn't have these problems this long in the game's cycle.

Mrbob said:

Don't be shitting me here Bob. I love the Show but this shit has no excuses for it

and the sporadic online play

Mrbob

Hah, where did I deny the game has had issues?

Just don't do a disservice and try to compare it to the shit storm which is 2K sports. NBA2K10 is so far above and beyond any issues MLB10 has had.

Sony will have to step it up with MLB 11. Everything better be rock solid on day one.

In fairness MLB 2K10 has made strides to fix issues and patches over last year, it's just overall not as good as MLB 10: The Show. However if they continue steady improvement the gap could close... especially if Sony San Diego gets lazier with the netcode.

The Frankman said:
In fairness MLB 2K10 has made strides to fix issues and patches over last year, it's just overall not as good as MLB 10: The Show. However if they continue steady improvement the gap could close... especially if Sony San Diego gets lazier with the netcode.

Is that even possible?

turnbuckle

Has there been any news update since they said they'd try to fix it "tomorrow" a few days ago? I lost a game and almost a second purely because if this garbage. 2 outs and a man on third is just a recipe for early stealing and ground ball / bunt attempts. Sucks.

Mrbob

Ahhh, 2K. One more time they said F YOU to the current crop of buyers and tell them to buy next years version for all the fixes. :lol Enjoy MLB2K11 Frankman!

Sony needs to get this patch out though...it is getting somewhat pathetic now. They said 24 hours.

Mrbob said:
Ahhh, 2K. One more time they said F YOU to the current crop of buyers and tell them to buy next years version for all the fixes. :lol Enjoy MLB2K11 Frankman!

Sony needs to get this patch out though...it is getting somewhat pathetic now. They said 24 hours.
When did I say I'd buy it? I just said this year's game wasn't as utter trash as last year's game. Don't make me post A-Rodquicksand.gif. It's a good thing I'm stuck in Philly and won't be online until the weekend, I don't even have the chance to go online. :lol

turnbuckle

I'll still get MLB 2011. For all its faults it's still a hell of a game and I gotta support the devs who make it possible for us not to get stuck with a one baseball game future.

But I'll do my damnedest to find a coupon for it

We should have a prize for both the winning and worst team in the league - winner gets a free copy of 2K11, worst team gets the privilege of buying it for him. Hard to say what's worse.

Top Bottom