• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 10 League: Zep's a No Show....again

JambiBum

Don't worry about that concede pete, if I were in your position I would probably have done the same thing. Especially with Beckman hitting that 2 run shot.

Oh and I hate you for getting Buerhle's ERA up to a 0.4 lol. He was at a 0 with like 26 innings pitched before that 9th inning.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I should be able to play this evening. I apologize for not being around much. I have had a lot of work to do both at the office and at home.

LiveWire

Anyone around right now to play against the Nats in the league schedule?

My upcoming opponents:

LJ (Orioles)
Vabrave (Marlins)
TheKranz (Brewers)
FMT (Rays)
JambiBlum (WhiteSox)

DenogginizerOS said:
I should be able to play this evening. I apologize for not being around much. I have had a lot of work to do both at the office and at home.
Same here. Tonite would work perfectly to finish up our series.

eznark

Banned
LiveWire said:
Anyone around right now to play against the Nats in the league schedule?

My upcoming opponents:

LJ (Orioles)
Vabrave (Marlins)
TheKranz (Brewers)
FMT (Rays)
JambiBlum (WhiteSox)
I can play now

How long do FMT and I have to finish our series? We already have one game knocked out and I dominated him, I'd hate to sim the last

LJ11

eznark said:
I can play now

How long do FMT and I have to finish our series? We already have one game knocked out and I dominated him, I'd hate to sim the last

I'll give you guys a few days, probably won't advance until Wednesday.

eznark

Banned
Man that was the jankiest, jumpiest game I have played. I've never seen the connection jump around like that. Are you on wireless by any chance? Made it impossible to pitch.

Good game otherwise, I think I used every single pitcher in my pen to hold onto that lead.

Aaaaaaaand my PS3 froze on the player of the game screen.

I think wired is the way to go, I have a wireless router but after trying Madden 07 back in the day switched to wired and never looked back.

EDIT: Also are you guys resting your regulars? The stats/averages are based off last 3 years, if you have a pitcher/player who doesn't play every game/is injury plagued in real life watch that stamina/rest bar. I'll seeing a ton of injuries and after the Mets last year I'm resting guys bigtime. I even rested Wright and Beltran in the same game once (yes I'm paranoid).

eznark

Banned
The Frankman said:
I think wired is the way to go, I have a wireless router but after trying Madden 07 back in the day switched to wired and never looked back.
Yeah, I used wireless in 08, but after that shitfest I drilled a hole in my apartment wall so I could run a cable.

When I built my house I made sure to have plenty of hard wire access in every room.

LiveWire

eznark said:
Man that was the jankiest, jumpiest game I have played. I've never seen the connection jump around like that. Are you on wireless by any chance? Made it impossible to pitch.

Good game otherwise, I think I used every single pitcher in my pen to hold onto that lead.

Aaaaaaaand my PS3 froze on the player of the game screen.

Yea, I'm on wireless. Wasn't too laggy except for that one inning where you scored 4 runs. If this was the worst lag you've seen, wow! Consider yourself lucky. :lol

Also, I hate the fucking baserunning controls. Should've been an extra inning game but somehow the guy is one step from home plate and turns around. Come on...

eznark

Banned
LiveWire said:
Yea, I'm on wireless. Wasn't too laggy except for that one inning where you scored 4 runs. If this was the worst lag you've seen, wow! Consider yourself lucky. :lol

Also, I hate the fucking baserunning controls. Should've been an extra inning game but somehow the guy is one step from home plate and turns around. Come on...
Yeah, I don't know what the hell happened there.

It was jumpy as hell for me that inning you kept scoring runs and my defense acted like retards. How the fuck Stetter warped through that ground ball is beyond me.

Wireless is unbearable! No wonder you complain about the connectiona you're having!

people are still having trouble with the controls?

Advance All Runners - hold down L1.
To Advance One Runner - Move the left stick towards the runner you wish to control, you will see the yellow circle icon representing the runner start flashing/pulsing/glowing, then simply select the base you want them to advance to by hitting the triangle (2nd), square (3rd), and X button (Home). Runner will keep running to that base while the other stop.

eznark

Banned
awesome, back to unable to connect! :lol

janky connection isn't all this series has in common with 08. Apparently the Nationals are bringing back the five bunts a game rule.
:lol and an attempt to throw peince out at first on a single....to left

turnbuckle

Wired is the way to go. I'd rather buy my opponent a 50ft Ethernet cable than play someone on wireless ;p. Sometimes it can't be avoided, but it makes a world if difference

LiveWire

eznark said:
awesome, back to unable to connect! :lol

janky connection isn't all this series has in common with 08. Apparently the Nationals are bringing back the five bunts a game rule.

Bunting is banned now? You throw em over the plate and make em easy for me to sac to advance runners, or for squeeze plays. Not my fault.

Here's the box score (bunt plays bolded):

Inning 2:
Nationals batting. Rodriguez popped out to Zaun (P2). Zimmermann grounded to center for a single. Morgan sacrificed to Bush (1-3 SH). Zimmermann advances to 2nd. Guzman struck out chasing a 0-2 high fastball, ending the inning.
Runs: 0 Hits: 1 Walks: 0 Errors: 0 Runners Left On: 1

Inning 3:
Nationals batting. Zimmerman doubled to center. Dunn grounded out to Counsell (4-3). Zimmerman advances to 3rd. Kennedy bunted to first baseman for a single. Zimmerman scores.* Willingham struck out swinging late at a 1-2 fastball high and in. Harris doubled to center, out while advancing extra bases (8-6-5).
Runs: 2 Hits: 3 Walks: 0 Errors: 0 Runners Left On: 1

Inning 4:
Nationals batting. Rodriguez was hit by a pitch. Zimmermann sacrificed to Bush (1-3 SH). Rodriguez advances to 2nd. Morgan flied out to Hart (F9). Guzman grounded out to Fielder on a chopper (3-1), ending the inning.
Runs: 0 Hits: 0 Walks: 0 Errors: 0 Runners Left On: 1

Inning 6:
Nationals batting. Vargas pitching. Rodriguez doubled to center. Zimmermann bunted to the pitcher for a single. Rodriguez advances to 3rd. Morgan hit a sacrifice fly to Edmonds (SF8). Rodriguez scores. Zimmermann advances to 2nd. Guzman lined to left for a single. Zimmermann scores. Zimmerman flied out to Hart (F9). Dunn grounded out to Counsell (4-3), ending the inning.
Runs: 2 Hits: 3 Walks: 0 Errors: 0 Runners Left On: 1

4 bunts, all were either squeeze plays or sacrifices (or attempted sacrifices that you misplayed).

eznark said:
:lol and an attempt to throw peince out at first on a single....to left

The infielder dove for the ball and I thought he had it so I held circle to make the throw to first, and before I could cancel with triangle the outfielder threw it.

eznark said:
Don't send me a challenge LiveWire. I don't want to play you again til our series is up.

ICONATOR_4597c891c6764012db73ab5f1dd6c0e9.gif

eznark

Banned
I only watch three or four games a night, so I definitely might have missed this trend, but I don't recall seeing every position player bunt when they have two strikes and men on base. Again, I only see like 30-40% of games a night though.

Intentionally walking Fielder up 6 and 8 runs respectively is as hilarious as trying to throw him out at first on a single to left.

I'm not calling you out for cheesing or anything, I just don't want to play you until I have to. I prefer a realistic baseball experience, having to pull my infielders in every time you have a position player with two strikes and a man on base is just annoying and I don't want to have to deal with it until is absolutely necessary.

And yes, if anything going back and reading this thread will show what a crybaby I am when I lose.

LiveWire

eznark said:
Intentionally walking Fielder up 6 and 8 runs respectively is as hilarious as trying to throw him out at first on a single to left.

I've given up big leads before. I'll admit the 9th inning walk wasn't necessary. When I've failed to walk clean-up hitters in games before they've almost always hit homeruns. Check my box scores to see how many homeruns Nats pitchers have given up to #4 hitters.

eznark said:
I'm not calling you out for cheesing or anything

Yea, you are. gg, I look forward to the 3rd.

eznark

Banned
LiveWire said:
Yea, you are. gg, I look forward to the 3rd.

Not really, the two strike bunting is a great video game strategy. It's my fault for not picking up on how you choose to play earlier.

Good games though, the second one had a much better connection.

LJ11

ez, you have until next week to finish your series with FMT. What's going on with your series against the Marlins/VaBrave? That's your week 5 match up.

eznark

Banned
LJ11 said:
ez, you have until next week to finish your series with FMT. What's going on with your series against the Marlins/VaBrave? That's your week 5 match up.
We tried and tried and tried to connect and kept getting an error message. A page back or so we agreed to just sim it.

eznark said:
Not really, the two strike bunting is a great video game strategy. It's my fault for not picking up on how you choose to play earlier.
Boy, when I roll out the Reyes/Castillo/Pagan trio you're gonna hate playing me. :lol :lol :lol

Mrbob

eznark said:
I

I'm not calling you out for cheesing or anything, I just don't want to play you until I have to. I prefer a realistic baseball experience, having to pull my infielders in every time you have a position player with two strikes and a man on base is just annoying and I don't want to have to deal with it until is absolutely necessary.

And yes, if anything going back and reading this thread will show what a crybaby I am when I lose.

We'll talk on aim. It is pretty easy to get a guy out on two strikes while attempting to bunt. Location, location, location!

BigAT

LiveWire said:
We played this one and I won (but the game didn't count), but I will replay if you want.
Let's replay it. Hit me up on AIM if you want to do it tonight, I should be around.

eznark

Banned
The Frankman said:
Boy, when I roll out the Reyes/Castillo/Pagan trio you're gonna hate playing me. :lol :lol :lol

Nah, I just need to be quicker to drop sim-style baseball and get into video game mode when called for. Live and learn. It didn't help my annoyance level that the shitty connection made just getting through the first game a chore.

Rorschach

I'm fucking direct connected and I still get frozen in the fucking league menus? Are you fucking kidding me? This is the most frustrating game I've ever played online and I suffered through the birthing pains of battle.net and steam!

GG, Storybook. I don't have another half hour to try to connect to the servers and 5 minutes to wait for the invite to go through. Well, I do have the time, but I don't have it in me to go through it again only for the game to be so shitty that I stop giving a fuck in the second inning. The only incentive for me to get outs is to end the damn game.

gg Rors, I thought you were going to use the CPU's comeback logic on me for a second. :lol

I'm fucking direct connected and I still get frozen in the fucking league menus? Are you fucking kidding me? This is the most frustrating game I've ever played online and I suffered through the birthing pains of battle.net and steam!

That explains why you didn't accept my invite to another game. Oh well, I've shut it down, perhaps we can do another one tomorrow evening sometime.

Top Bottom