• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 10 League: Zep's a No Show....again

BigAT

GG Pete, but boy did that one suck for me. A bunch of infield hits and some painful errors by my infielders early on. Slow, routine ground ball and my second baseman fires it into the stands (with like a half full throwing power meter). Then I actually have a possibility of a comeback, bases loaded and a ground ball right up the middle for a single...except that it deflects off your pitcher's leg and somehow gets turned into an inning ending double play.

I'm going to take a break and watch the derby for a bit.

LJ11

BigAT said:
GG Pete, but boy did that one suck for me. A bunch of infield hits and some painful errors by my infielders early on. Slow, routine ground ball and my second baseman fires it into the stands (with like a half full throwing power meter). Then I actually have a possibility of a comeback, bases loaded and a ground ball right up the middle for a single...except that it deflects off your pitcher's leg and somehow gets turned into an inning ending double play.

Where have I seen that before....

Mrbob

I might be able to play tonight after the All Star game.

Otherwise I should be free most of the day tomorrow and some free time on Thursday.

Doytch

eznark said:
then you're going to be gone the next two days....gah!
Gonna stop off at home for a few hours on Thursday, so could probably get one in before I head out later on in the night.

If the ASG doesn't take 4 hours to play I might be able to finish it after the game also.

eznark

Banned
Doytch said:
Good series eznark. Couldn't get anything going with my 87-mph-throwing-wunderkinds, though Morrow saved me.
Yeah, I could not pick him up. You threw that high slider really effectively (except for the one I hit to Montreal)

Doytch

JambiBum said:
You gonna be around today Doytch?
Nope, I'm gonna be out all night. Tomorrow I could probably start games between 6-7, but I'm out after 8.
Yeah, I could not pick him up. You threw that high slider really effectively (except for the one I hit to Montreal)
I really like the movement on his pitches in the game. He's dominating the second year of my franchise.

turnbuckle

LJ, do you have time to get in some games tonight or tomorrow night? I won't be around Friday, and my weekend schedule is a bit iffy too. I managed to get poison ivy again, so I won't feel too bad about leaving work early to get some games in if it comes to that. Hopefully tearing off my flesh won't impact my game too much

turnbuckle

Sorry about beaning your pitcher, LJ. As soon as I realized it was your pitcher hitting I tried throwing a ball because I thought you might want to pinch hit.

---

Looks like the game froze on the first pitch of the second match.

LJ11

turnbuckle said:
:lol

I'm never gonna use a reliever against the O's again.

I was swinging first pitch every time expecting a fastball.

You want to finish this later? I'm never pitching to Dunn again.

turnbuckle

LJ11 said:
I was swinging first pitch every time expecting a fastball.

You want to finish this later? I'm never pitching to Dunn again.

Sounds good. And yeah, Dunn is nuts. He'll go 0-4 in the next game most likely :lol

BigAT

Good series Pete. I never expected that last game to go the way it did, at least on my end since I had Santana pitching. I can't tell if we both figured out how to pitch well to each other or if neither of us could hit for shit.

BigAT

Any plans on when we would be able to play week 8? Taking a glance at the standings, it looks like we're relatively close to having most teams done with week 7.

LJ11

GG turn, hate pitching with that shit face Bergesen.

Jambi and Doytch need to finish week 6 before we move on to 8. Hurry up boys!

Top Bottom