• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 10 League: Zep's a No Show....again

JambiBum

Alright Doytch, so as of right now there is a small thunderstorm going on here. I'm hoping it doesn't interfere with our games by the time you are ready to play. Just figured I would let you know ahead of time in case we happen to get disconnected.

JambiBum

Doytch said:
This homer party is getting ridiculous. :lol

9 combined runs over 7 HRs. I'm good for another now if you are.
Ridiculous lol. ill be on later had company show up during that last at bat

JambiBum

Doytch are you around now? Company finally left lol. Fucking on a seven game losing streak right now. Last 5 have all been one run games. Should have stuck with the White Sox.

Doytch

JambiBum said:
Doytch are you around now? Company finally left lol. Fucking on a seven game losing streak right now. Last 5 have all been one run games. Should have stuck with the White Sox.
I'm just about to head out with some friends. Probably coming back late, but can play tomorrow at 6 again.

Mrbob

I'm working a lot this weekend and will be busy at nights so I don't think I'll be able to play another game till Sunday evening.

JambiBum

Doytch as long as our first game gets over quickly we should be able to get both in tonight. I'm going to go see Inception later but I want to try and get both games in before I go.

Doytch

Good series Jambi. Tight first two games, and I think you almost got within one run in the last one. Saved by Flewis in centre.

ugh, so many blown chances... 2 on and 0 out and can't score + I should've thrown home earlier to get the runner out, I still had a double play shot anyway. Got to play more aggressive early in the game.

Good game Frank, a lot of shenanigans though :/

For some reason, a couple of foul balls didn't count as strikes. I think it was the bottom of the 4th only though.

And what's good with you trying to pick me off at third base? I don't like that >_<

pistolpete2940 said:
Good game Frank, a lot of shenanigans though :/

For some reason, a couple of foul balls didn't count as strikes. I think it was the bottom of the 4th only though.

And what's good with you trying to pick me off at third base? I don't like that >_<
It's a known glitch if you're late enough on a pitch and foul it back DIRECTLY, it goes as a no-pitch. Never did that twice in a game though.

I adjust my Defense and force Defensive positioning more than anyone in the League. Just keeping people honest.

The Frankman said:
It's a known glitch if you're late enough on a pitch and foul it back DIRECTLY, it goes as a no-pitch. Never did that twice in a game though.

I adjust my Defense and force Defensive positioning more than anyone in the League. Just keeping people honest.
Yea, the foul-strike thing was an obvious glitch, not blaming you for that.

About the defensive positioning, you're free to do whatever you like, obviously. It's just that at third it is pretty useless. There's no need to hold that runner on because no one's gonna attempt to steal home. But its whatever, its just that i'd be really pissed if you actually did pick me off (its happened to me before). In the end, you're only putting yourself at a disadvantage.

pistolpete2940 said:
About the defensive positioning, you're free to do whatever you like, obviously. It's just that at third it is pretty useless. There's no need to hold that runner on because no one's gonna attempt to steal home. But its whatever, its just that i'd be really pissed if you actually did pick me off (its happened to me before). In the end, you're only putting yourself at a disadvantage.
I disagree. Keeping people honest on 3rd can be the difference from a fielder's choice RBI groundout and a 5-3 putout at home. Many people take a good secondary lead off bases, not to steal.

Sanjuro

I'm looking to deal some players for a decent SS or infielder. Trying to shorten my bench a bit. Have Lowell, Papelbon, Daisuke. Looking to make a deal in the next day or so before my series. I would possibly be open to other players.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I'm looking to deal some players for a decent SS or infielder. Trying to shorten my bench a bit. Have Lowell, Papelbon, Daisuke. Looking to make a deal in the next day or so before my series. I would possibly be open to other players.
I would like Lowell in my squad bro. Take a look at my roster n let me kno.

LJ11

There's a trade proposal that I want you guys to vote on.

Yanks get Zimmerman/Matsukaka, Sox get Jeter, and Nats get Lowell/Papelbon.

turnbuckle

LJ11 said:

I just declined the original offer, but i might be up for it just to have Jeter on the Sox

Doytch

LJ11 said:

No problem with it. Papeldouche has obviously overstayed his welcome with management; now that Steinbrenner's dead, no one likes Jeter in NY; and WAS is the NYY's AAA team anyway.

turnbuckle

Been Bed-ridden the last couple of days and feel pretty disoriented. Decided to play an exhibition game before I start my next series to warmup a bit...good thing I did. Through 3 innings as the Mets with Santana I've given up 9 runs and struck out 9 times. Holy shit.

Guess this confirms Nats > Mets. Go easy on me Sanj. Expect a good chance to really pad your lead :lol

Top Bottom