• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 10 League: Zep's a No Show....again

Sanjuro

Well I'm up for other offers, I was looking at the Twins as well...but I'm looking for a test run with a leadoff batter and SS with Scutaro on the bench, Jeter fits the bill well.

Sanjuro

It seems like an annoying process, but we need all league members to vote on the trades to allow them to go through.

Basically it will look like this in the end to sum it up,

Red Sox recieve: Derek Jeter
Nationals recieve: Mike Lowell, Jonathan Papelbon
Yankees recieve: Ryan Zimmerman, Daisuke Matsuaka

Then separately it might be,

Nationals to Twins - Lowell for Thome

So when you guys have the chance, please go to the transactions screen and vote on the deal so we can use our players for the last couple series before the post season.

LJ11

I may have a much simpler solution. Pretty sure you can release players into the FA pool, release and then sign said players.

However, you can't blame me if DCX releases Jeter and he's lost to an internet abyss never to be heard from again.

Sanjuro

LJ11 said:
I may have a much simpler solution. Pretty sure you can release players into the FA pool, release and then sign said players.

However, you can't blame me if DCX releases Jeter and he's lost to an internet abyss never to be heard from again.
Why didn't I think of that...that works well.

Also, when you create the league are there options on the trades? It seems like a huge stretch especially with a full league.

LJ11

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Why didn't I think of that...that works well.

Also, when you create the league are there options on the trades? It seems like a huge stretch especially with a full league.

I don't recall seeing one.

turnbuckle

Hey Sanjuro, not sure if you stuck around yesterday for another or not. My medication knocked me out pretty much after that extra inning game wore me out :p. Both games were good - hopefully I can salvage the last one but I think my luck with the Nationals has finally wore off.

At work atm, but when I get a chance I'll go ahead and release Zimmerman to the FA pool.

Sanjuro

turnbuckle said:
Hey Sanjuro, not sure if you stuck around yesterday for another or not. My medication knocked me out pretty much after that extra inning game wore me out :p. Both games were good - hopefully I can salvage the last one but I think my luck with the Nationals has finally wore off.

At work atm, but when I get a chance I'll go ahead and release Zimmerman to the FA pool.
Na, I was zoning out as well. I don't know if it is just me, but using the PS3 controller especially during MLB games hurts my hands to no end. I don't know what it is, never get this with 360.

I'll be around all today, so hopefully we can finish the series with our new rosters. Need to get a hold of DCX though.

turnbuckle

Dmncnby2k9 said:
Turn. How bout Kubel for Lowell?

I'll have to take a look at his attributes next time I log in, but I'm pretty sure I'd rathre Thome. That guy has hit so many home runs against me in this game that I'd be willing to throw him at first and Dunn in RF just to have his bat in my lineup. It's basically like having 2 Adam Dunns. Should result in a few 12 run games and several 2 run games :lol

JambiBum

turnbuckle said:
I'll have to take a look at his attributes next time I log in, but I'm pretty sure I'd rathre Thome. That guy has hit so many home runs against me in this game that I'd be willing to throw him at first and Dunn in RF just to have his bat in my lineup. It's basically like having 2 Adam Dunns. Should result in a few 12 run games and several 2 run games :lol

Do you remember our Thome debacle? :lol

turnbuckle

JambiBum said:
Do you remember our Thome debacle? :lol
Thome and Vizquel are hitting like they're still 25 against me in this game. Been burned by both enough times to realize it wasn't just a fluke (could be I'm a shitty pitcher though lol)

JambiBum

eznark said:
I can play whenever you want Jambi, want to play one now?
Sure. Now sounds good. I got caught up in writing some stuff so if you're still around let me know.

@turn. I made the mistake of letting the White Sox go this league. They turned out to be pretty good to me. Have the Rays now and I can't score runs to save my life.

JambiBum

eznark said:
couple minutes and I'll be on, watching some big brother with the wife

Alrighty. I'm on and waiting. Took me fucking forever just to get to the league lobby screen. Only way I'm picking this up next year is if they fix this awful menu system they have :/

turnbuckle

JambiBum said:
Sure. Now sounds good. I got caught up in writing some stuff so if you're still around let me know.

@turn. I made the mistake of letting the White Sox go this league. They turned out to be pretty good to me. Have the Rays now and I can't score runs to save my life.

I'm terrible with the Rays myself as well. I made the mistake of bowing out of this league initially and got stuck with the Nats. I've been pretty happy with my luck using them so far though.

DCX

DCX
BigAT said:
Letting Jeter go to the Sox? DCX, what kind of Yankee owner are you?!
Dude, i suck, we not..it might help me make a push..or not..either way this trade has generated more discussion in 20 posts than the whole thread :/

DCX

Sanjuro

DCX said:
Dude, i suck, we not..it might help me make a push..or not..either way this trade has generated more discussion in 20 posts than the whole thread :/

DCX
DCX when you have the chance need you to release Jeter like LJ mentioned above. I'll releae my guys and you can pick up Zim as well.

My last 5 games I have 1 hit in the leadoff spot, Jeets made the most sense.

JambiBum

DCX said:

DCX

You good to finish our series today?

Mrbob

I'm saving DCX from that trade of Jeets if we all have to approve.

DCX when can you play our game? I get home tonight around 9:30cst if you want to play.

JambiBum

eznark said:
you accepted a time-out forfeit dude? Serious?
No. I didn't mean to. At all. I went to hit square to choose my pitch right as that fucking prompt came up. Wouldn't have happened if you didn't disappear forever though :lol

eznark

Banned
Father in law just got back from a 8 week, 4 corner motorcycle trip and stopped by. Figured you'd live if I paused it for 3.5 minutes.

It also wouldn't have happened if you took a breath between pitches.

JambiBum

eznark said:
Father in law just got back from a 8 week, 4 corner motorcycle trip and stopped by. Figured you'd live if I paused it for 3.5 minutes.
It didn't bother me at all. Figured you had to take care of something. Wasn't a big deal to me. Was just saying that the prompt wouldn't have happened if you didn't have to leave for a few. That's all.

Wanted to start you off with a curve that at bat. Hit square. As I'm hitting it the damn prompt comes up. Not anyone's fault. Shit happens.

Although apparently you're blaming me for it.

eznark

Banned
Oh, I think it was definitely 70/30 my fault, but you pointed fingers first! Very ungracious after being gifted a 5th inning forfeit. :lol

JambiBum

eznark said:
Oh, I think it was definitely 70/30 my fault, but you pointed fingers first! Very ungracious after being gifted a 5th inning forfeit. :lol
Wasn't really pointing fingers lol. Was just the first time anyone has disappeared for the whole five minutes at one time on me. The last part of that first post was a joke. My bad if it didn't seem that way.

Do you want to finish now or tomorrow sometime?

eznark

Banned
JambiBum said:
Wasn't really pointing fingers lol. Was just the first time anyone has disappeared for the whole five minutes at one time on me. The last part of that first post was a joke. My bad if it didn't seem that way.

Do you want to finish now or tomorrow sometime?
tomorrow

Top Bottom