• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 10 League: Zep's a No Show....again

Mrbob

It was a close game...held on to win 8 to 7. I was all over the place with Dumpster and DCX smashed some nice hits, but my defense didn't help at all. I had a ball in the dirt that Soto threw to 3rd to try and get the advancing runner. Ball goes into the outfield and the runner scores. Then later in the same inning on a routine grounder to Castro the ball goes through his legs and to the outfield and Jeter comes around from second to score. :lol I wish I could record the greatest hits from the comedy of errors I've had with this team this season!

DCX

DCX
Mrbob said:
It was a close game...held on to win 8 to 7. I was all over the place with Dumpster and DCX smashed some nice hits, but my defense didn't help at all. I had a ball in the dirt that Soto threw to 3rd to try and get the advancing runner. Ball goes into the outfield and the runner scores. Then later in the same inning on a routine grounder to Castro the ball goes through his legs and to the outfield and Jeter comes around from second to score. :lol I wish I could have a greatest hits from the comedy of errors I've had with this team this season!
Yes folks, he's alive and well. :)

DCX

JambiBum

BigAT said:
HEEEEEY JAMBI!

pee-wee-chairy.jpg

I'm around now if you want to play.

Ha. I was wondering if anyone would ever make that connection. Although that isn't the right reason for my Jambi. I'll be around til around 2 or 3 tomorrow but then I am taking off for a few days.

BigAT

JambiBum said:
Ha. I was wondering if anyone would ever make that connection. Although that isn't the right reason for my Jambi. I'll be around til around 2 or 3 tomorrow but then I am taking off for a few days.
I was a big Pee-Wee's Playhouse fan growing up. I should be able to play a couple of games this afternoon.

Mrbob

You can get a scouting report today. Might be my last start with Ted Lilly before the Cubs trade him to the Yankees for some players.

My team might get gutted in the next week or so.

Doytch

Checked my schedule, I do indeed have Frank this week. I can play tonight, say between 7 and 11. And then I'm out tomorrow night like I already said.

JambiBum

BigAT said:
GG, I want to throw myself in front of a train when I think about my hitting with RISP.
Yeah you had me on the ropes a lot that game but I found ways to get out of it. Should make for an interesting series. I'm riding a 7 game win streak after losing 7 straight so I need this lol.

Mrbob

JambiJuice playoff push!

First two teams are a virtual playoff lock. Seeds 3 and 4 are up for grabs though. 6 teams vying for two spots. Like a real Wild Card situation. :lol Exciting final couple weeks!

eznark

Banned
After beating Doytch 2-3 I was feeling pretty good...the sweep at the hands of Jambi fucking killed any hopes I had. If I miss the playoffs by one game I will never forgive that forfeit!

LJ11

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Ah, I thought the playoffs had eight teams? What is the exact structure and best of series?

It's 4 teams, 8 teams is a bit much when you have 12 total. 3 game series.

Dominicano, I'll be free to roll tonight up until the start of the Mets game.

JambiBum

Fuck it's only 4? God damn. I have to make a super strong push now. Thank god for this winning streak. Got swept twice in a row. Sweep back two straight. Need this third sweep to put me into a good spot. My hitting is finally coming around though. Couldn't hit shit the two series I got swept.

BigAT

For whatever reason I thought it was more as well. It makes me feel even shittier about dropping my last four games in a row.

JambiBum

BigAT said:
For whatever reason I thought it was more as well. It makes me feel even shittier about dropping my last four games in a row.
Even if I manage to sweep you you are still in a good place. You can probably go .500 for the rest of the season and still make it in. I on the other hand have to win almost every game :(

Saw your message after the game pistol. Outside of one horrible start (1st one vs. BigAT and Angels) Niese is actually my 2nd best starter. I just use Pelfrey as my 2nd to go L-R-L-R-L.

Doytch

The Frankman said:
So Doytch you available to take your beating play the first game of our series now?
Nah I'm gonna go to sleep soon. Don't think I'm gonna be able to play til the weekend. And let it be known that I challenged you around 6 today: you were no doubt washing your shame off of your pillow companions.

Doytch said:
Nah I'm gonna go to sleep soon. Don't think I'm gonna be able to play til the weekend. And let it be known that I challenged you around 6 today: you were no doubt washing your shame off of your pillow companions.
I was playing by then but I'm on GAF and PSN and you couldn't PM me? Sounds like you didn't want none of this.

eznark

Banned
Doytch said:
:lol

turnbuckle

So it looks like I may be stuck in a situation where I no longer have Zimmerman but won't be able to get the guys I originally was going to trade for. Wonder if there's a trophy for ending the season on a 12 game losing streak :lol

DCX

DCX
turnbuckle said:
So it looks like I may be stuck in a situation where I no longer have Zimmerman but won't be able to get the guys I originally was going to trade for. Wonder if there's a trophy for ending the season on a 12 game losing streak :lol
I'm on one myself buster.

DCX

LJ11

Sanj/DCX, what's the deal with this trade?

Is Zimmerman now on the Sox, Jeter on the Yanks, and Turnbuckle gets stiffed?

He needs to be compensated some way some how.

Sanjuro

LJ11 said:
Sanj/DCX, what's the deal with this trade?

Is Zimmerman now on the Sox, Jeter on the Yanks, and Turnbuckle gets stiffed?

He needs to be compensated some way some how.
DCX somehow got Jeter back on his squad.

I just received Zimmerman today.

Lowell, Daisuke, and Papelbon are all on the Free Agent list. I'm playing Turnbuckle in an hour, maybe he will be allowed to sign the players.

turnbuckle

LJ, it sucks but maybe the game has some dumb rule with FAs and I'll be able to get them after playing one. If they're stuck in limbo for good that's shitty, but it's Sony's shit not Sanj or DCX. Sanj already gave up Pap Smear and Lowell, Sony's just not letting us complete the deal.

Besides, when i crush Sanj tonight it'll be that much sweeter with my double A roster.

LJ11

Alright, figure it out fellas.

Not much I can do, made the situation worse with my initial suggestion so I feel bad enough as it is. Hopefully it works out, crossing my fingers.

turnbuckle

LJ11 said:
Alright, figure it out fellas.

Not much I can do, made the situation worse with my initial suggestion so I feel bad enough as it is. Hopefully it works out, crossing my fingers.

If DCX can find a way to get his guys back I'm sure I can! No worries, you're just trying to make everyone whole. Not your fault Sony's MLB team are a bunch of flawed geniuses.

turnbuckle

DCX, what voodoo did you do to get Jeter back?

Adam Dunn was playing his heart out in RF today. Broke his back clumsily robbing a fly ball on the warning track. I think I'll keep him there :lol

Got smacked around in that series, but my outfielders gave everything they had to keep it competitive. Good series Sanj. Whoever I'm up against next better watch out - Dunn's due for a 6 HR, 8 K series.

DCX

DCX
turnbuckle said:
DCX, what voodoo did you do to get Jeter back?

Adam Dunn was playing his heart out in RF today. Broke his back clumsily robbing a fly ball on the warning track. I think I'll keep him there :lol

Got smacked around in that series, but my outfielders gave everything they had to keep it competitive. Good series Sanj. Whoever I'm up against next better watch out - Dunn's due for a 6 HR, 8 K series.
lol Maybe it's because i suck soooo hard they granted me mercy. Actually i really don't know exactly what i did. I just cut my player, per LJ thru Sanjuru.

We got played by Sony, i tried signing Dice K it wouldn't let, then i tried getting Jeter back and it didn't let me, so whatev.

I played a game with Pena at short, of course a loss. Before the second game i decided to see if maybe it would work this time and i tried signing Jeter back. I check and saw him in my minor league system. I promoted him, and fixed my lineups and bam, he's back.

DCX

turnbuckle

DCX said:
lol Maybe it's because i suck soooo hard they granted me mercy. Actually i really don't know exactly what i did. I just cut my player, per LJ thru Sanjuru.

We got played by Sony, i tried signing Dice K it wouldn't let, then i tried getting Jeter back and it didn't let me, so whatev.

I played a game with Pena at short, of course a loss. Before the second game i decided to see if maybe it would work this time and i tried signing Jeter back. I check and saw him in my minor league system. I promoted him, and fixed my lineups and bam, he's back.

DCX

Ahh that's probably why you got him back, cus he was originally on your team. Bummer. We needed all the help we could get lol

JambiBum

Big I'll be around today if you want to finish our series. Trying to get myself into an adult baseball league though so I won't be on past 7. Have to go check some things out.

Top Bottom