• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 10 League: Zep's a No Show....again

JambiBum

I have a small chance to make it. That one loss hurt lol. I would like to do another league after this with the new rosters. LJ if you don't want to run it I will.

turnbuckle

JambiBum said:
I have a small chance to make it. That one loss hurt lol. I would like to do another league after this with the new rosters. LJ if you don't want to run it I will.

Do it! I don't ever want to play the Nationals again :lol
j/k the league's been fun and it's really nice not having to worry about opponents cheating, disconnecting, or being dbags in general. It's also fun when you actually have to manage your roster and worry about injuries, stamina, etc.

JambiBum

turnbuckle said:
Do it! I don't ever want to play the Nationals again :lol
j/k the league's been fun and it's really nice not having to worry about opponents cheating, disconnecting, or being dbags in general. It's also fun when you actually have to manage your roster and worry about injuries, stamina, etc.
I just want the Yankees :(

turnbuckle

JambiBum said:
I just want the Yankees :(

My favorite team to use has been the Tejas Rangers. If a new league forms and nobody claims them I'd love to take them. The Tigers are my team, but with the injuries they've suffered I'd basically be throwing in the towel from day 1 :(

Doytch

I've never once changed my lineup due to stamina. It's weird because I constantly have to deal with it in franchise mode, but my players' stamina in league play never goes below full. Anyone know how it's handled?

turnbuckle

Doytch said:
I've never once changed my lineup due to stamina. It's weird because I constantly have to deal with it in franchise mode, but my players' stamina in league play never goes below full. Anyone know how it's handled?

I meant pitcher stamina. My everyday players are always full too.

eznark

Banned
got all day today Frankman. I have a meeting downtown Cincy tomorrow but will be home by noon and can play then if you want, but I need a few hours to mow the lawn.

LJ11

eznark said:
got all day today Frankman. I have a meeting downtown Cincy tomorrow but will be home by noon and can play then if you want, but I need a few hours to mow the lawn.

I think he's still in Philly ez.

With regards to season 2, let finish 1 first. :lol

eznark

Banned
more than anything, I am documenting my vast, vast availability so when the time comes for a new season no one looks at 3 sims to end the year and says I wasn't around to play.

LJ11

eznark said:
more than anything, I am documenting my vast, vast availability so when the time comes for a new season no one looks at 3 sims to end the year and says I wasn't around to play.

:lol

I'm aware dude.

turnbuckle

LJ11 said:
I think he's still in Philly ez.

With regards to season 2, let finish 1 first. :lol

haha, yeah we may be jumping the gun a bit. I'm just eager to wipe away what happened this season. Having a league with you guys helps numb the pain of what's happening in real life this season...and man there's a lot of pain right now :( :p

Pistol, gonna be around tonight to finish this up? I'm slumping right now, so it'd be a good chance for you to finish your season with a few extra wins :lol

I finally get Internet access and I hear such betrayal?

Well, bad news. I has supposed to be back Wednesday, but my sis's helpers went MIA. Now I won't be back until Saturday afternoon, and will have to play 3 games that night I guess.

turnbuckle

pistolpete2940 said:
Just got back from the Yankee game, I can get on in about 15 mins, is that good for you turn?

Damn. That time would've been perfect for me had I checked the thread. I can play that late (or earlier, or later) tonight if you want.

Sanjuro

BigAT said:
Stop getting loaded and losing to people I'm in the playoff hunt with.
I could have beaten him. I fucked up rounding the bases in one inning loaded. I actually made the best catch I have made all year. It was like bullet time...but drunk.

turnbuckle said:
Gg pete. Tons of homers. I just got lucky yours were solo. That first inning the cpu leteverything go my way.
Yeah, good series all in all. I would be mad at the errors but I made too many location mistakes anyway. That and I couldn't hit :lol

turnbuckle

pistolpete2940 said:
Yeah, good series all in all. I would be mad at the errors but I made too many location mistakes anyway. That and I couldn't hit :lol

You sure didn't have that problem in game 3. Did you have 2 back-to-backs in a single game against me? My memory is all so foggy now. I literally threw everything my bullpen had at you :lol

Doytch

Dominican, dunno how the rest of your season is, but I've got Frank still, and you for the last series. Could play a bit tonight/tomorrow evening, after 6ish.
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I could have beaten him. I fucked up rounding the bases in one inning loaded. I actually made the best catch I have made all year. It was like bullet time...but drunk.
Like when you're piss drunk at a bar and you totally bullet time your way into the bathroom before the door swings shut without touching anything with your hands? <ebsmily.jpg>

LJ11

DCX, you want to play some time today? Our series is meaningless so if you're not up for it, I'll just "sim" it.

DCX

DCX
LJ11 said:
DCX, you want to play some time today? Our series is meaningless so if you're not up for it, I'll just "sim" it.
:lol :lol :lol For that i wanna beat you..lets go!!

DCX

turnbuckle

I know the season still has a few games left to finish up and then there's the playoffs, but is there an ETA on when Season 2 commences? Call me impatient, but I'm eager to play ball. (If I were so impatient maybe I should've made the playoffs :{ )

turnbuckle said:
And if you were me you wouldn't be coming up with excuses to dodge your final opponents.
Hmm, the most easygoing player to track down suddenly is ducking people? C'mon son. Besides like I said I'm back Saturday night. I already contacted LJ11 in advance before I left and Doytch for 2 days before I left. When you're moving crap for 2 different sets of relatives it's hard to set a timeline. I duck NO ONE, whether it's the 2008 PS3 Madden League (get reference) or all the leagues we've done here.

Also for the record Injuries set to OFF sucks. That's not Sim ball, Injuries set to 1 or 2 FUTURE.

turnbuckle

The Frankman said:
Hmm, the most easygoing player to track down suddenly is ducking people? C'mon son. Besides like I said I'm back Saturday night. I already contacted LJ11 in advance before I left and Doytch for 2 days before I left. When you're moving crap for 2 different sets of relatives it's hard to set a timeline. I duck NO ONE, whether it's the 2008 PS3 Madden League (get reference) or all the leagues we've done here.

Also for the record Injuries set to OFF sucks. That's not Sim ball, Injuries set to 1 or 2 FUTURE.

Relax bud, I was just messing with ya. I got held back a bit myself a couple of weeks ago because I was moving. You just had to bring up the trade to nowhere :lol

As for injuries - if turned off does that mean we'd have access to players currently injured in real life? The Tigers would be a lot more viable to play as if they weren't stuck with about 8 rookie scrubs in their normal roster. Same for the Red Sox.

eznark said:
I'm heading to Milwaukee for the weekend.
You sitting OF or 1st/3rd base side. Very important to know who you want to heckle. True story, I was working over Josh Willingham when he was a Marlin in Shea Stadium. I was in Home Run Alley along the LF wall which is 2 inches from being on the field. I was screaming at Willingham not to come near the wallor I'd gutpunch him; captmcblack was laughing his ass off. Suddenly lo and behold a deep fly ball came to the wall! Willingham was coming near our spot in HRA and I was cocking my first if he leapt to the wall. unfortunately the ball rolled to the ball and he never came close enough... :C
As for injuries - if turned off does that mean we'd have access to players currently injured in real life? The Tigers would be a lot more viable to play as if they weren't stuck with about 8 rookie scrubs in their normal roster. Same for the Red Sox.
Injuries are OFF now, and we would have access anyway. I had Beltran all season and he just came back. Goto Minors and just make the player active.

However with SP/RP it's tougher because they have 0 stamina when they come back, I had to go through that with my 8th inning guy Bobby Parnell.

eznark

Banned
The Frankman said:
You sitting OF or 1st/3rd base side. Very important to know who you want to heckle. True story, I was working over Josh Willingham when he was a Marlin in Shea Stadium. I was in Home Run Alley along the LF wall which is 2 inches from being on the field. I was screaming at Willingham not to come near the wallor I'd gutpunch him; captmcblack was laughing his ass off. Suddenly lo and behold a deep fly ball came to the wall! Willingham was coming near our spot in HRA and I was cocking my first if he leapt to the wall. unfortunately the ball rolled to the ball and he never came close enough... :C
We're going with my folks who have season tickets in the Club area, so I'll be in the fancy-schmancy seats Saturday. Sunday we generally like to grab seats behind home plate, 15 rows up or so. No heckling, I'm an adult now.

I did get thrown out of a Spring Training game by Doug Melvin once. Doug Davis' wife also slapped me and the bullpen catcher confronted me at a Scottsdale bar once. I used to fucking love Spring Training! But, as I said, I am an adult now with a baby on the way. I need to play the part.

eznark said:
We're going with my folks who have season tickets in the Club area, so I'll be in the fancy-schmancy seats Saturday. Sunday we generally like to grab seats behind home plate, 15 rows up or so. No heckling, I'm an adult now.

I did get thrown out of a Spring Training game by Doug Melvin once. Doug Davis' wife also slapped me and the bullpen catcher confronted me at a Scottsdale bar once. I used to fucking love Spring Training! But, as I said, I am an adult now with a baby on the way. I need to play the part.
Are you saying adults don't share their feelings with players during games?

vomit.jpeg

outfielder_punched.jpg

turnbuckle

The Frankman said:
Injuries are OFF now, and we would have access anyway. I had Beltran all season and he just came back. Goto Minors and just make the player active.

However with SP/RP it's tougher because they have 0 stamina when they come back, I had to go through that with my 8th inning guy Bobby Parnell.

Ahh, good to know. Really good to know.

Top Bottom