• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 10 League: Zep's a No Show....again

turnbuckle

The Frankman said:
Are you saying adults don't share their feelings with players during games?

The Frankman said:
outfielder_punched.jpg

That guy is a hero. Half tempted to pick the White Sox and hope you guys kick my ass.

eznark said:
I guess I should have said grown-ups
Are you saying grown-ups don't share their feelings with/about players during games?

jj_is_redickulously_gay2-1.jpg
milwaukee_brewers_crazy_fan-9472.jpg

Say hi when you meet the guy in the 2nd image since that happened in Milwaukee.

Doytch

Yeah sorry Dmncn, I got caught up watching Lincecum and didn't check this thread. Could play on Sunday, and maybe Saturday after I get back from the Jays game.

Mrbob

Zambrano with the ump in the bottom of the 3rd after being screwed on two straight batters by not getting a strikeout which lead to three runs:

mlb_g_zambrano3_sw_sq_300.jpg

mlb_a_zambrano_576.jpg

carlos-zambrano.jpg

Doytch

Dmncn, should be able to play for the rest of the day if you're around. around all of tomorrow (except during the Jays game).

Sanjuro

I'll take control of the Yankees, if you don't mind playing the games LJ. Otherwise sim.

Now I'll have double the chance to win the World Series with two high payroll te....oh wait.

LJ11

Glad to see Frank's back in town.

I'll look at the schedule later on today and update the thread with where we stand.

First game in two weeks went pretty much how I thought. Mistakes, questionable decisions and still had a shot to win it late but lost. Got jobbed a few calls but I need to fix my decision-making ... very frustrating how I left runners on all day long.
Doytch said:
Damn Frank, pause more? First time I've ever seen someone use up the entirety of their pause time. :lol
It's called strategy. You might've missed the post where I said I spend more time positioning players for counts than any other GAFfer. I feel giving that part of the game its due diligence can save a run of two.

Doytch

The Frankman said:
It's called strategy. You might've missed the post where I said I spend more time positioning players for counts than any other GAFfer. I feel giving that part of the game its due diligence can save a run of two.
Yeah but what are you doing when you're at bat? I was trying to figure it out, but you weren't going to your bullpen sometimes, so all I could guess was you were checking my stamina levels.

Doytch said:
Yeah but what are you doing when you're at bat? I was trying to figure it out, but you weren't going to your bullpen sometimes, so all I could guess was you were checking my stamina levels.
I was. 1) I saw after 70 pitches Romero was almost gassed and changed up my approach. 2) I couldn't figure how Gregg had any stamina to go a 3rd inning, I wasn't exactly 1st pitch swinging. I figured the bombs I had hit in the 8th were proof it was false stamina.

Doytch

The Frankman said:
I was. 1) I saw after 70 pitches Romero was almost gassed and changed up my approach. 2) I couldn't figure how Gregg had any stamina to go a 3rd inning, I wasn't exactly 1st pitch swinging. I figured the bombs I had hit in the 8th were proof it was false stamina.
Yeah RR Cool Jay started with less than full anyway, glad I got six out of him. And I have no idea how Gregg had so much. I checked at the start of the third inning, laughed and kept throwing 96 MPH gas. :lol

Sanjuro

Yeah, Frankman you do pause a bit too much. It doesn't bother me when you are pitching as much, but when you do it when I'm on the mound and in a count...I would just cut back on that.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Yeah, Frankman you do pause a bit too much. It doesn't bother me when you are pitching as much, but when you do it when I'm on the mound and in a count...I would just cut back on that.
I'm not pausing to pause. I may micromanage alot but that's because i change my focus based on whatever data I find in-game. Stamina, Confidence, etc... If by some chance I DO pause and don't check a screen it's because someone is quickpitching and I'm sending a message, I'd have to go back and read my posts but usually I'll make a note of it on GAF.

JambiBum

The Frankman said:
I'm not pausing to pause. I may micromanage alot but that's because i change my focus based on whatever data I find in-game. Stamina, Confidence, etc... If by some chance I DO pause and don't check a screen it's because someone is quickpitching and I'm sending a message, I'd have to go back and read my posts but usually I'll make a note of it on GAF.
You want to start our series today?

Sanjuro

The Frankman said:
I know it's not exactly pausing, but I'm just mentioning during your opponents pitch sequence it isn't the best time to do so.

Doytch

Around the rest of the night, Frank & Dmncnby. Will play either cause I'm gonna be busier the rest of the week.

Msg me on PSN, I'm watching the STL/CIN game on the mlb.tv app.

Mrbob

The Frankman said:
Is what you're doing with the lineups indicative of the game you'll play tonight? Because i tolerated that the 1st game, I won't this one.

Good to have you back, Frankman. :lol

eznark

Banned
The Frankman said:
Is what you're doing with the lineups indicative of the game you'll play tonight? Because i tolerated that the 1st game, I won't this one.
Nice to see ditching the league for two weeks hasn't made you bashful.

Doytch

Bombeasta, sucka. Never did figure out what you were jabbering about.
JambiBum said:
Man. I don't even know if I have a shot to make the playoffs. If I don't I'm not gonna bother with this series :lol :lol
You totally should so you can eliminate Frank from the playoffs.

eznark said:
Nice to see ditching the league for two weeks hasn't made you bashful.
Can you just forefeit those 3 games to me now? Wouldn't want you to waste your time. Ya know, family obligations and all...
Bumtista never should've come up, had Hill K'd 3 times in that AB. Oh well, more practice.

Hey bob, still ahead of you in loss column. Stop chirping.

JambiBum

Doytch said:

You totally should so you can eliminate Frank from the playoffs.

I'm going to check the standings and see what I want to do lol. I know I'm close, but I don't think I can make it in even if I sweep.

JambiBum

Awww fuck yeah. If I sweep I might be able to make it in. Really just depends on what happens in the pete/bob series. Looks like I'm playing after all.

Mrbob

I'll throw my hate into the ring to sub for Jambi if he bails out.

The Frankman said:
Hey bob, still ahead of you in loss column. Stop chirping.

Not for long! You are in late season Mets free fall mode.

BigAT

If it matters, I would be willing to sub for anyone down the stretch. It's been over a week and a half since my last game and I could certainly use the practice.

I need one loss from Bob or two from Frank to secure a playoff spot.

Sanjuro

*Red Sox -- 24-8 (1 Game Remaining: Orioles)
Blue Jays -- 20-9 (4 Games Remaining: 1 Mets / 3 Twins)
Angels -- 20-13 (Finshed)
Cubs -- 17-13 (3 Games Remaining: Cardinals)
Mets -- 14-12 (7 Games Remaining: 1 Jays / 3 Rays / 3 Brewers)
Cardinals -- 16-14 (3 Games Remaining: Cubs)
Rays -- 16-14 (3 Games Remaining: Mets)
Twins -- 15-15 (3 Games Remaining: Jays)
Brewers -- 11-19 (3 Games Remaining: Mets)
Nationals -- 11-22 (Finished)
Orioles -- 9-21 (3 Games Remaining: 1 Red Sox/ 2 Yankees)
Yankees -- 8-23 / 2 Orioles

Top Bottom