• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 11: The Show League - 3rd Time's A Charm, Right? RIIIIIIGGHHHT?

LJ11

I've never seen anyone take so many fastballs right down the fucking pipe. I wasn't even choosing location just blasting fastball middle and you were taking or missing. Just wanted to see what you would do, I just kept throwing middle because your eye was low all game long.

Have no idea what the sliders are, but I put a charge into 3 balls and they wouldn't go out. The one to Votto today, and last night, were just stupid. You were going to throw inside, I knew that, so I sat and waited, they both went warning track. Hence the HAHAHAHA

Thank god for OS sliders.

Edit: And again with the stupid fucking balks, which is fucking lag probably, no way I'm balking this much. Bouts of lag when you had men on base as well. She would just pop up out of nowhere, like in the 9th.

LJ11 said:
I've never seen anyone take so many fastballs right down the fucking pipe. I wasn't even choosing location just blasting fastball middle and you were taking or missing. Just wanted to see what you would do, I just kept throwing middle because your eye was low all game long.
wat? Did you see my PCI? Even on my takes I had it on the ball. I do twitch a couple of times and buttonpress before I move it at times though. As for me taking, hey I like to try and gameplan to run up the pitch count. Remember last thread I said I don't care if I strikeout as long as I get two good swings? I trust my batting eye.
Have no idea what the sliders are, but I put a charge into 3 balls and they wouldn't go out. The one to Votto today, and last night, were just stupid. You were going to throw inside, I knew that, so I sat and waited, they both went warning track. Hence the HAHAHAHA

Thank god for OS sliders.
It's practically the OS sliders but I raised Solid Contact from 2 to 3 to help the hitting. Contact is at 5 but it's always at 5. Power is 4 but like they said, Power can be at 1 and people are still hitting homers on Normal swings. Plus it's All-Star Hitting difficulty, it's easier to make contact.
Edit: And again with the stupid fucking balks, which is fucking lag probably, no way I'm balking this much. Bouts of lag when you had men on base as well. She would just pop up out of nowhere, like in the 9th.
I have no idea why random lag is happening. Most times I play at night it's fine...

LJ11

Frank, you love the fucking ball down, said so last year and still stand this year. You sit down in the zone, which is why you were all over anything I threw low in the zone.

Everyone pump fastballs down the middle or up!

Whatever, I'm just giving you shit. I couldn't get anything go on O.

Cubs (square triangle) are up next, let me know when you're free.

Corran Horn said:
I just did and it basically timed out.
Weird... log off, then relog into Sports Connect. I've seen this before.
Whatever, I'm just giving you shit. I couldn't get anything go on O.
You're cruel... :(

EDIT: Wait series expiration is June 11th? Whoops my bad guys I thought that was today! :D

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
The Frankman said:
Weird... log off, then relog into Sports Connect. I've seen this before.
Ive logged off multiple times, few times it logged me out of sportsconnect. I also restarted game
:/

... ithe only thing I can think of is maybe someone has some type of IP blocking program on. I just went into a Game Room and no one has any issues...

lemme challenge you guys.

EDIT: Duane worked ok.
EDIT 2: So did Corran. Ok try again now.

turnbuckle

Yo Pete, I'm available anytime from 4:30pm until around 9pm. I'll be busy the rest of the weekend so hopefully we can get our games in tonight.

That really was an incredible game 1!

eznark

Banned
Marleyman said:
Damn eznark; I just can't help myself from swinging at your junk pitches;) This is the first time that I have played with classic controls, so I am definitely adjusting. You basically won the game on hit and run inside the park HR; I wanted to throw up when that happened lol. Michael Stanton though is swinging a big stick so far. I am down for tonight or tomorrow to play our 3rd game; let me know.
I'm having a lot of trouble throwing strikes for some reason. I try to at least throw a ball down the middle per ab.

I'm back now if you want to play in the next few hours.

Marleyman

Banned
eznark said:
I'm having a lot of trouble throwing strikes for some reason. I try to at least throw a ball down the middle per ab.

I'm back now if you want to play in the next few hours.

I am having similar issues, but I think that is due to lag more than anything. I won't be off work until 6pm EST and probably can't get on until around 9pm tonight.

eznark

Banned
Marleyman said:
I am having similar issues, but I think that is due to lag more than anything. I won't be off work until 6pm EST and probably can't get on until around 9pm tonight.
I definitely won't be playing during the brewers game, so maybe tomorrow we can figure something out.

eznark

Banned
Marleyman said:
If you are around I can play right now

Well, the series expiration date for week 1 has expired. I'll hold off on advancing the League but some of you guys have to contact me and update the situation here.

1. I know Corran and Duane has issues connecting...
  2. turnbuckle-pisotolpete only need 2 games/are vets so they should be fine.
  3. eznark what's up with marley? He ever contact you via PSN/PM/etc?
  4. KanZolo and Square Triangle, you gotta keep me updated man. I know you guys have busy scheds but you gotta let me know that ahead of time.

We tried getting a game in but for whatever reason the balks were coming at every pitch. It's obviously a lag issue or glitch, I've never seen anything like that though. Every fucking pitch was a balk.

turnbuckle

Hey guys, been out of town for the gfds birthday this weekend and my internet connection for my phone has been very spotty. I'll be back tomorrow and can finish up/catch up. I picked a bad week to wait til last minute to try and squeeze em in. sorry pistol, I had to leave earlier than I thought friday and I shouldve communicated better. I'm ok taking losses for those, I really don't want to hold the league up.

balks are annoying but easily avoided

KanZolo

The Frankman said:
  1. KanZolo and Square Triangle, you gotta keep me updated man. I know you guys have busy scheds but you gotta let me know that ahead of time.

Square Triangle said:
We tried getting a game in but for whatever reason the balks were coming at every pitch. It's obviously a lag issue or glitch, I've never seen anything like that though. Every fucking pitch was a balk.
Haven't talked to him since he quit our last game cause of balks. Dunno how/why they are caused and its not the ideal way to win but at least man up and finish the game. It was like 8th inning.

turnbuckle said:
Hey guys, been out of town for the gfds birthday this weekend and my internet connection for my phone has been very spotty. I'll be back tomorrow and can finish up/catch up. I picked a bad week to wait til last minute to try and squeeze em in. sorry pistol, I had to leave earlier than I thought friday and I shouldve communicated better. I'm ok taking losses for those, I really don't want to hold the league up.

balks are annoying but easily avoided

No worries man, I wouldn't have been able to play regardless. We should be able to finish tomorrow.

KanZolo said:
Haven't talked to him since he quit our last game cause of balks. Dunno how/why they are caused and its not the ideal way to win but at least man up and finish the game. It was like 8th inning.

Lol what? So you have no problem winning because your opponent is getting screwed by the game's issues? Awesome.

It was also the 6th inning.

turnbuckle

Square Triangle said:
Lol what? So you have no problem winning because your opponent is getting screwed by the game's issues? Awesome.

It was also the 6th inning.
Theres no crying in baseball.

eznark

Banned
Marleyman said:
I had a family issue come up and was extremely busy this weekend. If we can still play our final game tonight I am down - my apologies.
No problem, I will let you know when I'm around.

turnbuckle

Eughhhhh, sorry guys but I have to exit the league. Completely underestimated how busy my summer was going to be and if I'm having scheduling conflicts in the first 2 weeks it's only going to get worse once school starts back up.

Fuck.

Saw remnant was asking if there was a spot available - if he is cool with taking the Tigers maybe that can work out for you guys. I feel like an asshole now :/

lol I love it when PSN doesn't update. Messaged ez what marley was playing against some guy online and ez messaged he was playing him.

Marleyman

Banned
eznark said:
oh my god i want this game to end

I couldn't wait for that to end..it was agonizingly long. Hanley had himself a big day after not doing anything the first 2 games, that is for sure. How about that bunt? HUGE play. Infante booted 2 big ground balls that game; I was pissed.

Good series, eznark. I think the lag is a bit crazy at times, but other than that this is a great time.

eznark

Banned
In the 11th inning I started trying to groove balls down the middle. Try being the operative word. Lag and pitcher exhaustion made that almost impossible.

The game seems a shitload laggier that it did pre-PSN implosion. No idea if that's just a connection issue with Marley and I or what. Also...what the fuck at that balk? I had no idea what had even happened. I selected slider and all of a sudden the game jumps out to a pulled back camera and you were allowed second base. Bizarre. I never even started the pitching motion or did anything besides start to locate my pitch. I've played like 20 or so games and that's the first time it happened.

Marleyman

Banned
eznark said:
In the 11th inning I started trying to groove balls down the middle. Try being the operative word. Lag and pitcher exhaustion made that almost impossible.

I looked at the pitcher analysis after the game for both of us and we were definitely taking more pitches then we did the last few games. I don't know if it is just with my connection or not, but the lag at times was really bad. You grooved a few fastballs later in the game that I was "off balance" and "very early" because it lagged so hard.

That balk came out of nowhere though; strange.

So, I think you're just going to have to advance Corran and my series, Frankman. We tried some more last night, same thing. It just won't connect. Non-league games connect fine, but league games stall on the "waiting to join" screen every time, regardless of which of us sends and receives the invite. I don't get it.

Duane Cunningham said:
So, I think you're just going to have to advance Corran and my series, Frankman. We tried some more last night, same thing. It just won't connect. Non-league games connect fine, but league games stall on the "waiting to join" screen every time, regardless of which of us sends and receives the invite. I don't get it.
crap. I'll coinflip the games then.

EDIT: BTW when you start your next series use your #4 starters... 4th game and all.

Top Bottom