• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 11: The Show League - 3rd Time's A Charm, Right? RIIIIIIGGHHHT?

Ok, I'll give it until Thursday. If no one has replied, this is what we'll do with the Tigers.

Since Pete beat them, I'll just autoloss every game with them. Essentially when the series comes around and you face the Tigers, you get 3 wins. I don't WANT to do that... hopefully the people a had on waiting contact me ASAP.

Marleyman

Banned
The Frankman said:
Ok, I'll give it until Thursday. If no one has replied, this is what we'll do with the Tigers.

Since Pete beat them, I'll just autoloss every game with them. Essentially when the series comes around and you face the Tigers, you get 3 wins. I don't WANT to do that... hopefully the people a had on waiting contact me ASAP.

I am up next against the Tigers, I believe.

Corran Horn said:

Well hey, it looks like I took one out of three from you, ha! Better than none.

Pete, look like it's you and me next. Tonight will be tough, but after that, I'm good any evening and all weekend.

No one stepped up to take the Tigers, so I'm autolossing them.

Ok there's only one series left: KanZolo (Phillies) vs. Square Triangle (Cubs). After tonight I'm autoresolving your series. I know you guys have been busy but the league started June 5th and we're still on our 1st series... I think I've given more than enough time.

Marleyman

Banned
The Frankman said:
No one stepped up to take the Tigers, so I'm autolossing them.

Ok there's only one series left: KanZolo (Phillies) vs. Square Triangle (Cubs). After tonight I'm autoresolving your series. I know you guys have been busy but the league started June 5th and we're still on our 1st series... I think I've given more than enough time.

Plenty of time. I want to play this damn thing but I got the Tigers next.

eznark

Banned
KanZolo said:
Haven't talked to him since he quit our last game cause of balks. Dunno how/why they are caused and its not the ideal way to win but at least man up and finish the game. It was like 8th inning.

Can you play today?

Ok all 1st series resolved! The coin does not lie...

2nd series are as follows:
The Frankman (Mets) vs. Corran Horn (Giants)
pistolpete2940 (Yankees) vs. Duane Cunningham (Royals)
KanZolo (Phillies) vs. eznark (Brewers)
Square Triangle (Cubs) vs. LJ11 (Reds)

Marleyman (Marlins) gets the bye and 3 Free wins in Week 2.

EDIT: Remember for those I've auto-played games for, you have to start with your #4 starter!

Game 4, Series 2
Mets - 2 - 6 - 0
Giants - 0 - 1 - 0
Final

Man I had two guys thrown out at home, lucky Wright managed to hit one out. Chris Young flirted with a no-no, I wish he wasn't injured in real life. :C

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
The Frankman said:
Game 4, Series 2
Mets - 2 - 6 - 0
Reds - 0 - 1 - 0
Final

Man I had two guys thrown out at home, lucky Wright managed to hit one out. Chris Young flirted with a no-no, I wish he wasn't injured in real life. :C
-.-''
First few innings I thought I was hitting with Contact but I was hitting with Power....lol

Fucking Balks too...

Corran Horn said:
-.-''
First few innings I thought I was hitting with Contact but I was hitting with Power....lol

Fucking Balks too...
Do you play any RTTS? If you use a decent slider set I find it improves my batter eye much better in judging ball/strikes. Online tends to be crap since so many people junkball...

Speaking of did the Giants use some of that RoTY Posey money to pay the umps? How many calls did your pitchers get? And my guys got squeezed!

Corran Horn

The Frankman said:
Do you play any RTTS? If you use a decent slider set I find it improves my batter eye much better in judging ball/strikes. Online tends to be crap since so many people junkball...

Speaking of did the Giants use some of that RoTY Posey money to pay the umps? How many calls did your pitchers get? And my guys got squeezed!
I play RttS as a pitcher.

Pitcher get pitches.

eznark

Banned
KanZolo said:
i messaged you when you were playing infamous 2 and never got a response
I wasn't actually playing, just left the ps3 on. I didn't get it til like 5:30. You around now?

Blah.

Reds over Cubs 7-2. Game was awesome going into the 8th 1-2 and then the hits came and balks. -_-

Good game though LJ, I gotta gain more patience with you dancing at the bottom of the zone.

LJ11

Lag = Balks

We had a decent game going 2-1 in the 8th, lag notwithstanding, and then it was balk city. I did take a risk with 2-1, hit a shot to center that went by Byrd, easy triple but I turned into an inside the park HR so it was 2-2. Then it was balk after balk, lag was probably the reason. Shitty fucking ending.

Good game though LJ, I gotta gain more patience with you dancing at the bottom of the zone.

I couldn't take the risk going up in the zone after I hung the slider and you crushed another inside fastball out of the park. Lag was giving me trouble with the release point, so I was going to live at the knees or you were going to fucking bury me if I kept hanging meatballs over the middle.

Omg when Byrd missed that I wanted to drive to Wrigley and piss on the gate. I knew it was ungood as soon as he missed it. Risk was worth the reward though for sure.

LJ11 said:
I couldn't take the risk going up in the zone after I hung the slider and you crushed another inside fastball out of the park. Lag was giving me trouble with the release point, so I was going to live at the knees or you were going to fucking bury me if I kept hanging meatballs over the middle.

Yeah I was having issues with the release point as well. Hardly the issue compared to four runs balked in.

LJ11

Good game square, hit a few hard balls that didn't do much and you were able to crank two out.

Solid connection that game, were you wired?

Try and wait until after selecting a pitch when a man is on to avoid the balks.

I couldn't find my ethernet cable, IIRC I think my puppy chewed the shit out of it. So I was still using wireless and aside from a couple pitches here are there at release- the connection was good.

Yeah, that 8th inning double balk all I could say was "Here we go again". Good game LJ

Wait WTF just happened?

Ummm... I think the league somehow autoresolved a few series, which doesn't makes sense because I don't have in on...

eznark said:
What the hell, frank?
I've been trying to read up on what happened here so I can fix it... I'm going to reset those games.

Also, in case something is screwy with the league, please guys try to get your games in during the time period. I don't know if this is the game borking or what, but I KNOW I did not put AutoResolve on.

EDIT: Okay it's Sony San Diego incompetence. WHY THE FUCK IS IT SKIPPING GAMES??? HOLY SHIT!

eznark

Banned
Cool. I was so confused when it came time to select a starting pitcher and the bottom three in the rotation were worn out, then I saw my record and realized some games must have been simmed.

Super weird that it skipped over the last game of mine and Kanz's series though.

Ez, I'm fixing everything now. Also I'm going to start requiring people post/PM me about games soon. I have NO IDEA what some of the new guys are doing. League started the 6th and we are still on Series 2... not good.

EDIT: Okay done!

Game 6, Series 2
Mets - 1 - 4 - 0
Giants - 0 - 1 - 0
Final

GG. Santana gets his revenge in the rematch with Lincecum. It helped that I did a RTTS marathon yesterday for the first time in awhile. I was getting lazy with moving my thumb for the PCI and I wasn't squaring the ball up.

Marleyman

Banned
The Frankman said:
Ez, I'm fixing everything now. Also I'm going to start requiring people post/PM me about games soon. I have NO IDEA what some of the new guys are doing. League started the 6th and we are still on Series 2... not good.

EDIT: Okay done!

I am ready and waiting; just need an opponent;)

eznark

Banned
LJ11 said:
Have to finish my other series tonight, but I'll be free tomorrow for sure.

Hey, sorry dude my father in law got thrown from a horse so I spent the night hanging out with him to make sure he didn't have a concussion. Then my wifes-sisters husband almost rolled a tractor. To top the evening off my in-laws dog got into a fight-to-the-death with a coyote. (The lab destroyed that fucking mongrel).

Our wives should never, ever leave us alone. I'm going to fucking bed.

LJ11

eznark said:
Hey, sorry dude my father in law got thrown from a horse so I spent the night hanging out with him to make sure he didn't have a concussion. Then my wifes-sisters husband almost rolled a tractor. To top the evening off my in-laws dog got into a fight-to-the-death with a coyote. (The lab destroyed that fucking mongrel).

Our wives should never, ever leave us alone. I'm going to fucking bed.

No problem man, hope he feels better. Sounds like a really strange night.

Corran Horn

The Frankman said:
Game 6, Series 2
Mets - 1 - 4 - 0
Giants - 0 - 1 - 0
Final

GG. Santana gets his revenge in the rematch with Lincecum. It helped that I did a RTTS marathon yesterday for the first time in awhile. I was getting lazy with moving my thumb for the PCI and I wasn't squaring the ball up.
few times I got good contact and it just got caught :( I always have that one bad inning to allow a critical hit.

can't check ATM but whoever has me next let me know when your available.

Corran Horn

The Frankman said:
Actually I haven't advanced yet, still waiting on a few games... I'm sending e-mails out tonight.
Couldnt you always play the series that is next in the flex? Or is it just 2 series at a time?

Corran Horn said:
Couldnt you always play the series that is next in the flex? Or is it just 2 series at a time?
I really don't want to flex because if we can't get 3 games in 5 days routinely, what makes you think the stragglers can get 3 games in the next series? or the series after that etc.? We'll have single games left stretching in other series.

to point it out again, in 24 days we are still on Series 2. If we had 5 day increments we should be ready to wrap up Series 5 by now. Even with the extra time alotted to the 1st series we should be on at least Series 4.

Marleyman

Banned
The Frankman said:
I really don't want to flex because if we can't get 3 games in 5 days routinely, what makes you think the stragglers can get 3 games in the next series? or the series after that etc.? We'll have single games left stretching in other series.

to point it out again, in 24 days we are still on Series 2. If we had 5 day increments we should be ready to wrap up Series 5 by now. Even with the extra time alotted to the 1st series we should be on at least Series 4.

Agreed. This thing should be moving much faster.

Why am I being told I have "invalid lineups"? I moved a couple of guys up/down to AAA, but I still have 25 on the MLB roster.

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out.

Good game, Pete, I wish I'd hung in a little better... after getting annihilated in the 3rd, I kind of lost it and started swinging at everything. I probably shouldn't be using one of the worst teams since I'm not that great anyway! Good luck in the series, man.

LJ11 said:
ez I'm free all night, let me know if you're available.
... what sched are you looking at? Eznark is supposed to play 1 more vs. Kanzolo. Still on series 2... with what's going in with ez's family I'm giving him extra time.

eznark

Banned
The Frankman said:
... what sched are you looking at? Eznark is supposed to play 1 more vs. Kanzolo. Still on series 2... with what's going in with ez's family I'm giving him extra time.
What's going on in my family? Also, kana and I finished early last week.

Top Bottom