• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 13: The Show Online League Thread

McNei1y

gg ecnal. I couldn't string hits together at all that game. The ump was squeezing all of my pitchers, not that it would have made a difference! lol

I hate check swinging when I don't want to. I seem to do this three or four times a game. I'll be right on the pitch but I'll take the bat back when a ball is right down the middle. I have to stop doing that.

Indians-Tigers
Cubs-Jays

Those are the only games left...but it doesn't seem like anyone is around to play the next week so we might as well keep it at this week

If it doesn't get played by tomorrow night we should advance though

Here are the next week's matchups

Rays-Jays
Indians-Nats
Tigers-Cubs
Angels-Rangers
Rockies-Brewers

DMNC I should be around tomorrow night and Sunday

Zep

Banned
Meant to post a message before I left but totally forgot. Went to a friends wedding thursday and stayed till tonight. Turnbuckle, Im beat after driving 4 hours today...And with me not being available until tomorrow night(going to meeting in DC tomorrow) we should just advance.

Pheeniks, if you could sim the remaining games, I'd appreciate it. Im passing out, like now.

images

GG dmncn. you have crazy good plate discipline

thought it was going to be a pitchers duel...then the 3rd inning happened. fuck me man you played well but that was some annoying ass shit. CFs couldn't just stay in one spot and catch, my guys wouldn't make fucking throws when I pressed button, all kinds of shit

at least i made it semi interesting midway through

i was due for a game like that

GG dmncn. you have crazy good plate discipline

thought it was going to be a pitchers duel...then the 3rd inning happened. fuck me man you played well but that was some annoying ass shit. CFs couldn't just stay in one spot and catch, my guys wouldn't make fucking throws when I pressed button, all kinds of shit

at least i made it semi interesting midway through

i was due for a game like that

yea man good game. I remember our first gm was a nice pitchers duel that you won. this was the total opposite lol and i noticed when ur CF went crazy on the Bourjos doubles and some animations screwed u over on D.

Zep

Banned
Finally going to get some down time, starting tomorrow. I'll shoot you a PM Mcneily.

Schedule;

Zep - McNeily

Acheron - Rinse

Bob - Turnbuckle

Duane Cunningham - Ecnal

Pheeniks - Dmncb

turnbuckle

I think we should remove Bob from the league just to find out when he realizes this

Seriously.

In his defense, I wasn't able to make our last game. I think the power went out, can't remember, but he was around and I wasn't.

But I've asked him a few times now this week about playing and he hasn't said a thing. I had the same thing happen with him last season. Eznark warned us.

eznark

Banned
To be fair to Bob, this whole Dota thing started for a lot of maddengaf right after the league formed. He usually plays games right at the deadline but isn't one to totally say fuck it.

Also, don't blame Dota for bob. It's fucking Dynasty Warrirors right now. Pathetic. Don't be mad, take pity on his poor, pathetic soulless corpse.

To be fair to Bob, this whole Dota thing started for a lot of maddengaf right after the league formed. He usually plays games right at the deadline but isn't one to totally say fuck it.

Also, don't blame Dota for bob. It's fucking Dynasty Warrirors right now. Pathetic. Don't be mad, take pity on his poor, pathetic soulless corpse.

The last time he posted was exactly 2 weeks ago to this day, and he had the indecency to include the words "Dynasty Warriors 8" in that post too.

I would call this a complete "fuck it"

Zep

Banned
I really hope this game doesn't rely on wired connection when PS4 comes around....Just some all around stupid shit due to it lagging at times where I needed my meter to field.

So, now that the excuses are out the way, gg mcneily...My lackluster offense continues.

Haha, well, that's that! Sorry I didn't put up more of a challenge. I was getting insane lag on my end, AND I wasn't playing very well when it was green. A bad combo!

Fun game anyway, Ecnal, thanks for fast tracking it toward the end.

ecnal

gg duane.

no worries, the lag was definitely rough to deal with -- we both got in some weird situations with fielder's running the wrong way due to it.

McNei1y

I really hope this game doesn't rely on wired connection when PS4 comes around....Just some all around stupid shit due to it lagging at times where I needed my meter to field.

So, now that the excuses are out the way, gg mcneily...My lackluster offense continues.

I feel you. It sucked that I couldn't pull back on that second run or something. I knew it was a lag issue right away.

It seems like every game is the same so far in this league. I'll get runners on and then fail to score. It's like the real life Nats! gg zep

turnbuckle

The last time he posted was exactly 2 weeks ago to this day, and he had the indecency to include the words "Dynasty Warriors 8" in that post too.

I would call this a complete "fuck it"

I'd say so.

Maybe it's because I've had some bad luck with games lately, but it feels like the season is slowing down to a crawl. Or maybe it's just a bad week. I find myself rarely checking this thread because I'm expecting nothing to be going on :(

This league will and should live on and we're not letting fucking Bob destroy it of all people!

Besides he's the only non-active member

Zep

Banned
I'd say so.

Maybe it's because I've had some bad luck with games lately, but it feels like the season is slowing down to a crawl. Or maybe it's just a bad week. I find myself rarely checking this thread because I'm expecting nothing to be going on :(

Partially my fault as well. Work has picked up dramatically and I'm trying to find time. With that said, the league is advancing right now and we're sticking to the 3 days and simmed.

I'll talk to bob as well. Im not just gonna kick him...

turnbuckle

Seems like MLB servers are down.

Yeah, tried looking at the site and that wasn't working.

I'm not asking for Bob to be kicked, I just don't understand why he signs up. I'm glad we're simming games when people can't make it, but also think sometimes that could be used as an out to not show up at all.

ecnal

i have family in town for the next week or so, so i may not have much time to play my upcoming series over the weekend.

just a heads up for whoever i'm scheduled to play :)

I advanced the league, Zep. It was working tonight.

Rangers-Rays (About to go underway)
Rockies-Angels
Nationals-Cubs
Blue Jays-Tigers
Brewers-Indians

Zep

Banned
Thanks for advancing it Pheeniks.

Duane, let me know if you can play tonight? I can't go any later than 11est.

Top Bottom