• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 13: The Show Online League Thread

Next year will be the year we have a league with series and things in the game that aren't stupid and don't piss people off.

Believe.

I'm still liking this though. Even though some things are annoying from time to time the game is overall usually enjoyable for me online.

Also, throwing this out there: home run derby next Sunday afternoon, 5ET/4CT/3MT/2PT?

Zep

Banned
Next year will be the year we have a league with series and things in the game that aren't stupid and don't piss people off.

Believe.

I'm still liking this though. Even though some things are annoying from time to time the game is overall usually enjoyable for me online.

Also, throwing this out there: home run derby next Sunday afternoon, 5ET/4CT/3MT/2PT?

I'm definitely down for the HR derby sunday @ 5.

As far as the MLB league next year...I'm banking on doing actual series. Especially if we have 8-12 people that are definites. If everything goes correct(from what I've heard) we'll have an actual online franchise mode.

eznark

Banned

Believe.

I really think it's my old ass system. I seem to be the only one having problems in every game. I kind of feel like I'm just bringing the whole thing down.

PM me for the HRD though, I'd do that!!

This is who is available so far for the derby Sunday (5 ET):
Zep
Me

Who knows:
McNeily?
Eznark?

Me and my friend are doing our derby at Coors field trying to break 500 feet, lol. The farthest either of us have gotten is 493.

eznark

Banned
No problem Eznark. I think we have a replacement lined up. I'll send him a PM.

If not let me know, I hate to quit and force you guys to play the CPU but I really just am having no fun with this game anymore so I'd prefer to bow out. I basically swing at everything just because I feel like it makes the game go faster and I get super annoyed when anyone plays the game correctly and takes pitches. It's not a good situation!

turnbuckle

McNe1ly, you're my new opponent. Can you get in a game tonight after 8pm EST? If not, the only time I could play tomorrow would be between 3:00-4:30 pm (Have to leave my house by 4:40 pm strictly tomorrow, so it'd have to be a 3-3:30pm start.)

Friday is too far away for me to know anything yet.

Also, welcome to the league Duane! Glad I got the loss last night so you still have a shot at the playoffs. 3-5 is much nicer than 2-6 with our short schedule.

All this talk about a league next year has me wondering if it's going to be a PS3 or a PS4 league. I'm hoping PS4, but that might be unrealistic for some :(

Zep

Banned
McNe1ly, you're my new opponent. Can you get in a game tonight after 8pm EST? If not, the only time I could play tomorrow would be between 3:00-4:30 pm (Have to leave my house by 4:40 pm strictly tomorrow, so it'd have to be a 3-3:30pm start.)

Also, welcome to the league Duane! Glad I got the loss last night so you still have a shot at the playoffs. 3-5 is much nicer than 2-6 with our short schedule.

All this talk about a league next year has me wondering if it's going to be a PS3 or a PS4 league. I'm hoping PS4, but that might be unrealistic for some :(

As far I know, it will NOT be a PS3 league. I think we're all ready for this game to advance past its quirks. Let the PS4 show us the way!

Zep

Banned
Should have put a disclaimer in there*

*Unless this game comes out like MLB '07 for PS3.

Game was terrible.

McNei1y

crap sorry i didnt see this yesterday. Ill be out of the house until like 8-9pm est tonight. Tomorrow i will most likely be free if you find a free period.

The first inning of this game has been a disaster. Laggy top half for you and the fielding is ridiculous on my half. Just offered a restart if you want it

It's not so bad...

i

yeah and the Texas lineup can be a whore to deal with when they're on a roll. such an opposite feeling from using the Marlins lol

turnbuckle

crap sorry i didnt see this yesterday. Ill be out of the house until like 8-9pm est tonight. Tomorrow i will most likely be free if you find a free period.

crap, just scheduled to look at some apartments with my friend tomorrow. dunno if I'll get a chance to play. I'll keep ya posted if anything changes

Mrbob

DMNCB, let me know when you can play. I should be home in a couple hours. I'll be on my PS3 playing Dynasty Warriors 8.

Okay, I joined the league and sent you a PSN friend request, Zep. I'm on for a while tonight if you want to have a game or two, otherwise, tomorrow or whenever. Eznark, apologies in advance if I destroy your once proud franchise.

ecnal

rinse, i'll be around tomorrow evening -- pacific time.

have a wedding to go to in the afternoon, but i should be free sometime after that.

i'll post when i'm around!

Zep

Banned
Yea gg dude. Really wish I went wired...but I think someone borrowed my ethernet cable. Can't find the damn thing.

If you're around tomorrow, you should join us in the HR Derby. First guy to crack 500 gets...hmm. Fuck it, they get a free copy of MLB The Show '14 from me.

Top Bottom