• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 2K7 League thread

DCX

DCX
In real life u don't have but a second or two to react and yeah, you are guessing. It's part of it. Chess, guessing the pitching counts, first pitch fastballs, 0-2 pitches out of the zone, don't you know baseball??

DCX

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
95% of my pitches were in the K zone for you to hit,again you couldnt catch up with heat around the zone,so I would break off a 70ish mph curveball in the zone and you would swing way out in front.

That happens in real life.

Your biggest problem Konex is you cant seem to make any contact with fastballs which makes changeups and curveballs easier to f with you.

Only pitchs you would hit of mine were the slider and sinker so I didnt throw them much.

edit- you also need to learn to hit with the hitstick,classic makes it harder imo.I find a small button delay having to use A to swing.

DCX

DCX
Matrix said:
95% of my pitches were in the K zone for you to hit,again you couldnt catch up with heat around the zone,so I would break off a 70ish mph curveball in the zone and you would swing way out in front.

That happens in real life.

Your biggest problem Konex is you cant seem to make any contact with fastballs which makes changeups and curveballs easier to f with you.

Only pitchs you would hit of mine were the slider and sinker so I didnt throw them much.

edit- you also need to learn to hit with the hitstick,classic makes it harder imo.I find a small button delay having to use A to swing.
Hit Stick should be mandatory for leagues and tourneys, same with the Vision Cone for Madden, oh that Konex deifying authority.

DCX

Cloudy

Banned
Ok, we've found our first cheeser/quitter.

I played Birdbomb just now and I'm destroying him 14-2 (high winds and the ball is carrying) and he quits on me.

He also subbed in Arroyo (another starter) when it was 5-2 and when I called him on it, he said he was gonna do it anyways cos he "can't being in a reliever now". I told him I'd beat him anyways and post here :lol

Anyways, he complained about me throwing low in the strikezone for groundouts. I'm like WTF, why would I throw up especially in breezy conditions? I told him to not swing if he felt they were bad pitches then he says, "why so I can get a strike?" :lol

I hope the stats upload so y'all can see my balls/strikes ratio...

BirdBomb

Banned
Wow...all i can say...wow.

1st inning, Matszui(sp) jacks a homer, 1-0.
2ns inning Edwin jacks a homer, 1-1.
4th inning, Yanks hit like 3 homers.
5th inning, they jack 2 off the foul pole
later on they jack another off the foul post, and 2 more in left field

11+-2, so i say f it, take the win.

What im confused about, is the pitching rules. Are there rules as to the kinds of pitches that can be thrown? i guarantee 90% of the pitches thrown were down out of the strike zone, ending in about 20 ground outs. The rules say

2)Balls-Strikes Ratio: We're not going to the 0-2 rule because I trust you fellas know a good ratio. It shouldnt be 50balls,32strikes...That shit wont fly. If I can play a game where I throw 79strikes and 22balls, you can somewhat mirror that effort.

So does this count on pitch location too? i personally don't thing it's a sim game when 1 person is pitching around the zone, mixing everything up, while the other pitches to 1-2 spots the whole game. I'm mainly pissed at the HRs that were hit, but i do think it's alittle cheesey to pitch down and away everytime, and when it's an 0-2 count, throw the ball 5 feet out of hte strike zone. I know what people will say "dont swing" but it's hard to eye the ball sometimes, especially on sliders and palm balls that break like crazy.

DCX

DCX
BirdBomb said:
Wow...all i can say...wow.

1st inning, Matszui(sp) jacks a homer, 1-0.
2ns inning Edwin jacks a homer, 1-1.
4th inning, Yanks hit like 3 homers.
5th inning, they jack 2 off the foul pole
later on they jack another off the foul post, and 2 more in left field

11+-2, so i say f it, take the win.

What im confused about, is the pitching rules. Are there rules as to the kinds of pitches that can be thrown? i guarantee 90% of the pitches thrown were down out of the strike zone, ending in about 20 ground outs. The rules say

So does this count on pitch location too? i personally don't thing it's a sim game when 1 person is pitching around the zone, mixing everything up, while the other pitches to 1-2 spots the whole game. I'm mainly pissed at the HRs that were hit, but i do think it's alittle cheesey to pitch down and away everytime, and when it's an 0-2 count, throw the ball 5 feet out of hte strike zone. I know what people will say "dont swing" but it's hard to eye the ball sometimes, especially on sliders and palm balls that break like crazy.
basically, fool me once...fool me twice...yada, yada...

DCX

Cloudy

Banned
but it's hard to eye the ball sometimes, especially on sliders and palm balls that break like crazy.

Like I said, this pitch speed makes it total guesswork. But I'm just crying, right? :lol

PS: I scored 14 runs on him but it was the weather and guesswork. I didn't feel like I got a jump on anything he threw...

BirdBomb

Banned
Cloudy said:
Dude, throwing high in those kinds of conditions is suicide and all the HRs I hit prove it :lol

dude, how egotistical are you? your 1st post was completely 1 sided, making it seem like i was the only 1 complaining, and like you called your victory and whatnot. I believe you messaged me 1st whining because i subbed arroyo in for harang bc harang was stinking it up in the 4TH inning. if i had won the game, i wouldn't have used either 1 in my next game. god forbid i don't want to use the reds horrid middle relief in the 4th inning. We've squashed everything on aim(to my knowledge), yet you come on here and try to boast your win like it's going to make you a better man. OMG you beat the reds with the Yankees. I've seen you on the game almost 24/7 since it came out practicing. good job. *high five* go get some sleep:)

Cloudy

Banned
AIM logs are fun :D

Konex2k4 (6:46:47 PM): lol 2 the breeze
Konex2k4 (6:46:50 PM): @
Konex2k4 (6:52:03 PM): its not ur pitcher
Konex2k4 (6:52:06 PM): it's the weather
Konex2k4 (6:55:10 PM): wtf
Konex2k4 (6:55:15 PM): isn't he a starter?
Konex2k4 (6:55:24 PM): u can't do that lol
TheGr8Matheson (6:55:43 PM): yeah, but it's too early to bring in middle relief, i'd be to my closer in the 7th.
Konex2k4 (6:55:48 PM): too bad
TheGr8Matheson (6:55:51 PM): ?
Konex2k4 (6:55:55 PM): no one asked u to burn put ur starter
Konex2k4 (6:55:58 PM): uuse a reliver
Konex2k4 (6:56:09 PM): don't be cheesy man lol
TheGr8Matheson (6:56:10 PM): oik, isn't it against the rules to throw balls 90% of thre time?
Konex2k4 (6:56:23 PM): no there is no rule on balls and strikes
TheGr8Matheson (6:56:29 PM): yes there is
Konex2k4 (6:56:30 PM): i asked for it but everyone said no
Konex2k4 (6:56:34 PM): no there isn;t
TheGr8Matheson (6:56:41 PM): read the rules
Konex2k4 (6:56:43 PM): and i am at 805 strikes
Konex2k4 (6:56:48 PM): 80%
Konex2k4 (6:56:55 PM): just pull the starter
TheGr8Matheson (6:57:05 PM): not only that, but every one of ur pitches is down in the zone
TheGr8Matheson (6:57:09 PM): every single 1
TheGr8Matheson (6:57:21 PM): hence the 40 groundouts i've had
Konex2k4 (6:57:30 PM): then don't swing
Konex2k4 (6:57:37 PM): if u think they are bad pitches
Konex2k4 (6:57:43 PM): pull the starter and let's end this
TheGr8Matheson (6:57:43 PM): ? screw that. read the freakin rules dude.
TheGr8Matheson (6:57:57 PM): yeah, dont swing at pitches down the in zone and take a strike. good call there
Konex2k4 (6:58:08 PM): i'm waiting
TheGr8Matheson (6:58:27 PM): keep waiting, arroyo is staying in.
Konex2k4 (6:58:54 PM): i;ll win and make sure u don;t play in the league if u plan to use more than 1 starter
TheGr8Matheson (6:59:10 PM): lmao ok
Konex2k4 (6:59:28 PM): LOL
Konex2k4 (7:01:04 PM): lol
TheGr8Matheson (7:01:08 PM): omfg...wtf
TheGr8Matheson (7:02:16 PM): omfg...ok 1 more ****ing low pitch groundout and i'm out.
Konex2k4 (7:02:28 PM): screw u
TheGr8Matheson (7:02:31 PM): this is gay
TheGr8Matheson (7:02:35 PM): i['m pitching around hte plate
TheGr8Matheson (7:02:39 PM): up in out down...everywhere
TheGr8Matheson (7:02:44 PM): ur pitching down and away every time
TheGr8Matheson (7:03:11 PM): omg a ball..no way
Konex2k4 (7:06:35 PM): lol
Konex2k4 (7:06:37 PM): no way
TheGr8Matheson (7:07:11 PM): ok im out...this shit is getting byond gay.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Konex isnt very good so I dont know what to say :p ;) He struck out 22 times againt me and like I said earlier I gave Konex pitchs to hit in the zone the whole game.

I still think its weak to quit and bring in a starter when you should have gone to your pen.

Konex you do need to pitch a little more in the zone if we are playing by those rules.

I just had a great random game with someone and I made a wall climb in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs,the 2run hr would have won the game for the dude.

Luke "Skywalker" Scott <3 wins the game for me.

BirdBomb

Banned
Matrix said:
Konex isnt very good so I dont know what to say :p ;) He struck out 22 times againt me and like I said earlier I gave Konex pitchs to hit in the zone the whole game.

I just had a great random game with someone and I made a wall climb in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs,the 2run hr would have won the game for the dude.

Luke "Skywalker" Scott <3 wins the game for me.

I still think its weak to quit and bring in a starter when you should have gone to your pen.

Konex you do need to pitch a little more in the zone if we are playing by those rules.

yeah, i robbed ando on 2 HRs in an inning earlier, he still beat me though. Ian Kinslar had 4 HR :( shoot me

Zep

Banned
aw_jeez_not_this_shit_again2.jpg

I'll respond when i get back...

BirdBomb

Banned
Cloudy said:
AIM logs are fun :D

Yeah, they are!
Konex2k4 (6:46:47 PM): LOL i suck
Konex2k4 (6:46:50 PM): And i blow
Konex2k4 (6:52:03 PM): here, have another low pitch
Konex2k4 (6:52:06 PM): MATSZUI GOES YARD!!!
Konex2k4 (6:55:10 PM): wtf?
Konex2k4 (6:55:15 PM): a strike? what is that?
Konex2k4 (6:55:24 PM): all i know are balls, im a ball expert
TheGr8Matheson (6:55:43 PM): yeah, that's nice
Konex2k4 (6:55:48 PM): too bad
TheGr8Matheson (6:55:51 PM): ?
Konex2k4 (6:55:55 PM): i could teach you the way
Konex2k4 (6:55:58 PM): you could win 15-2 also
Konex2k4 (6:56:09 PM): don't be crazy man, take the offer
TheGr8Matheson (6:56:10 PM): oik, isn't it against the rules to throw balls 90% of thre time?
Konex2k4 (6:56:23 PM): no there is no rule on balls, only that i rule them
TheGr8Matheson (6:56:29 PM): yes there is
Konex2k4 (6:56:30 PM): no there is not.
Konex2k4 (6:56:34 PM): no there is'nt
TheGr8Matheson (6:56:41 PM): read the rules
Konex2k4 (6:56:43 PM): 1st i need to learn how to type!
Konex2k4 (6:56:48 PM): and read! haha
Konex2k4 (6:56:55 PM): jpull my finger

Matrix

Cloudy said:
I was guessing and the wind was ridiculous. I don't think I'm good at all :(

Wind does play a part in the game,it was smart that you were pitching lower to try to get ground ball outs,but there are ways to pitch low and not throw balls out of the zone all day *not saying you did cause of course I didnt see the game*.You can start the break of the pitch higher up if its offspeed and aiming a fastball low in the zone shouldnt be hard at all.

You are allowed to throw outside though but not all game...if we are playing by these old rules.

Cloudy

Banned
but there are ways to pitch low and not throw balls out of the zone all day

Birdbomb is full of crap. I've played you, DCX and Zep with no complaints of throwing balls all day...

TheGr8Matheson (6:57:05 PM): not only that, but every one of ur pitches is down in the zone
TheGr8Matheson (6:57:09 PM): every single 1
TheGr8Matheson (6:57:21 PM): hence the 40 groundouts i've had
Konex2k4 (6:57:30 PM): then don't swing
Konex2k4 (6:57:37 PM): if u think they are bad pitches
Konex2k4 (6:57:43 PM): pull the starter and let's end this
TheGr8Matheson (6:57:43 PM): ? screw that. read the freakin rules dude.
TheGr8Matheson (6:57:57 PM): yeah, dont swing at pitches down the in zone and take a strike. good call there
Konex2k4 (6:58:08 PM): i'm waiting

So I know there was a discussion earlier about swing stick and pitch speeds...

I have found that pitches go by way too fast to react. So do you guys really decide beforehands if you want to swing?

bluemax

Banned
I played konex last night and I did notice he pitches out of the zone a lot. A player with a better eye than me we would definitely beat him, I'm just too hackstastic at the plate.

Konex at the plate has some very obvious tendencies to pick up on, especially with Jeter.

Matrix

I'm not taking sides,calm down :p

Also Id like to say when the servers are up and working well,this game is the best baseball game ever when it comes to lag free online play.

The game I just played had no hints of lag at all,pretty awesome.I didnt feel any in our game either Konex.

Cloudy

Banned
I have found that pitches go by way too fast to react. So do you guys really decide beforehands if you want to swing?

Since Zep doesn't wanna drop the speed, it's the only way to play right now. Anyone who says otherwise is lying..

Obviously you can make a somewhat educated guess with game situation, strikecount and pitching tendencies. But anyone who says they are seeing the ball then reacting is full of shit :lol

Zep

Banned
Well..the fact that when me and Shawn played he had 4HR's totalling 9runs. I have 3HR's totalling in 4runs. I'll be damned if im dropping the speed on pitches, right now. 70 is fine...

If anything gets dropped, its the power slider...but thats at 10(default).

And Konex, just because me,matrix,dcx,shawn can read pitches pretty good doesnt mean you go low and away all game...What matrix said was true, if you wanna do that mix it up by starting high in the zone or practice to see where your pitches break.

For BB, dont quit games...That shit aint flying, especially bringing in starting pitchers. Only time I would allow that would be the playoffs in certain situations and we're not at that point yet.

Zep

Banned
So the question is...Do I drop the power hitting slider(s) a bit? Or do we wait it out for more games to be played.

BirdBomb

Banned
Ooh, i know not the quit games, and i told konex i wasn't quitting, that he could have the win. But either way i'll finish the game next time.

I'd say drop the slider. there were about 10 homers in me and konex's game, 2 by me 8 by him. that's wayyyy unrealistic, ball carrying or not.

Matrix

I wouldnt drop it yet,more games need to be played.

Bird,Konex didnt even come close to hitting one out against me *shrug*

bluemax

Banned
I just played Konex with speed set to 65. I took a lot more pitches than the first time around and struck out a lot less as well. I still got Konex to strike out in double figures.

All his runs came on homeruns but my 4 came off normal base hits and a Konex fielding gaffe.

Shrug, I haven't played a lot on All Star yet but I felt more in control in that game than I did in the previous.

I am totally against slowing down the pitching. I am already scoring in high numbers right now, and slowing things down will only enhance my offense. You guys just need to practice more!

DCX

DCX
Shawnwhann said:
I am totally against slowing down the pitching. I am already scoring in high numbers right now, and slowing things down will only enhance my offense. You guys just need to practice more!
R u home, i could play soon...

DCX

Shawnwhann said:

I agree. I played an online game where I couldn't do SHIT with the swing stick, but I eventually got it. with practice, you can do it.

Hey Zep, I looked in the Tournaments and then Invitations but there was nothing there. Maybe the invite got screwed up during all the down server time on their end.

Cloudy

Banned
storybook77 said:
Hey Zep, I looked in the Tournaments and then Invitations but there was nothing there. Maybe the invite got screwed up during all the down server time on their end.

You gotta check on the 2k website

Cloudy said:
You gotta check on the 2k website

Ahh....ok, no f'n wonder.

Edit: Ok, I'm back in. I guess I was thinking too logically for 2k that the invite would also appear on Xbox Live....silly me. :D

Zep

Banned
storybook77 said:
Ahh....ok, no f'n wonder.

Edit: Ok, I'm back in. I guess I was thinking too logically for 2k that the invite would also appear on Xbox Live....silly me. :D

when can u rock? i can go in 20mins

Big Zep said:
when can u rock? i can go in 20mins

I can do that but please be gentle...unlike Konex.....:lol :D

I'll go ahead and hop on my 360, play some Crackdown or one of the XBLA games and then when you jump on, I'll get into MLB.

Matrix

Well no one here is going to like playing Dm :lol He hit 5 of my batters so he had to keep bringing pitchers in and he throws far more outside the strikezone than Konex.

The fact I had to keep facing new pitchers was annoying.

Dm I believe you were trying to throw sliders every time you hit me.

DMczaf

That was my 2nd game. I'm still getting used to how far I can pitch inside. Its obvious I wasnt trying to pitch outside the strikezone so much when I got 4 of my pitchers tossed for HPBs :lol

Oh well, intimidation, Clemens style!

Matrix

Yea you better get used to it quickly,that shit wont fly in league play :lol

Felt like I was playing you in Show minus the wild pitches and the fact you hit good against my pen.

Your wildness makes for a bizzare game of baseball :(

Matrix

What inning was he tossed? 3rd? :lol

DMczaf

The funny part is that you had 1 run and 4 hits in the game, ALL off King Felix. Maybe I got him tossed on purpose!!........nah :(

Zep

Banned
cant ****in play against people w/ routers....sigh

Matrix...lets play a game in the tourny lobby.

Matrix

Big Zep said:

ok

bluemax want to play our tourney game after I play zep?

Matrix

I'm in the lobby Zep.

edit- ok bluemax

Big Zep said:

It's weird. You're the first person that I know of that I've had problems playing on any game over Live.

MickeyPhree

Juan and myself had an interesting game. I managed to tie the game 4 all in the bottom of the ninth off a solo shot homerun. Then the top of the eleven happened :lol

Top Bottom