• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 2K7 League thread

Zep

Banned
Matrix...thanks for playing me and testing out the "power" slider:lol I took it from 50(default) to 35...just to see results. Its not that much since its in increments of 5. A lot of popouts that wouldve went yard I think.

Dont be mad!!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Awesome game Zep,man you gave BGO the ultimate payback robbing me of that hr :(

Man Woody had that one damn inning where you went single crazy.

Yea so many pop flys,I know a couple of those for each of us would have been hrs.

edit- not mad at all,great for practice.

Zep

Banned
Kind of pissed my internet ****ed up our first 4 innings...Then it was smooth from there. Except some of our fielding errors:lol

bluemax

Banned
19 strikeouts ugh.

Felt like I was swinging through molasses the entire game, I think all my hits came when I swung for power.

GG anyhow Matrix.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

Matrix

Not really,a lot of K's :lol

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I'm going to see if I can trade my game in tomorrow for a new copy. If it works, i'll be around for practice tomorrow night.

bluemax

Banned
Big Zep said:
A lot of long popups in your game Matrix?

1 ball thrown by either pitcher. Double digit Ks by both. I had a whopping 3 hits and Matrix had like 7. There were times though where I let go of the stick my guy wouldn't swing, or he'd swing way late. Part of it is me not having my timing, but part of it honestly didn't feel right at all.

Shrug. It was a well pitched game, but I think the timing on this game is really wonky.

Zep

Banned
bluemax said:
1 ball thrown by either pitcher. Double digit Ks by both. I had a whopping 3 hits and Matrix had like 7. There were times though where I let go of the stick my guy wouldn't swing, or he'd swing way late. Part of it is me not having my timing, but part of it honestly didn't feel right at all.

Shrug. It was a well pitched game, but I think the timing on this game is really wonky.

lol...you guys mustve swung at everything for there to be 1 ball. Cant say much on the hitstick but just go into HR derby and practice.

On another note, I played a game in GAB tonight and I hit the yellow tape...The Umps had a meeting and called a HR for me.

I think I'm going to go out and see about getting a different router today. I have a D-Link DI-624 and it sucks. After I updated the firmware last night, it of course reverts back to default setup and then of course xbox live causes it to reset itself every single ****ing time. I had to disable UPnP to get it to work....still not sure what the problem with playing with Big Zep is, since my NAT is set to open and at one point last night I had the 360 setup as the DMZ.

Any suggestions??

_Angelus_

Banned
Is this a one game series or does it go 3 games per opponent?

AKABALLA2K,dude I'm sorry we couldn't play last night. I had a few friends over and by the time I got your email I didn't see you on Live when I went on. Let's get these games in early today if we can.

AkaBalla

Angelus said:
Is this a one game series or does it go 3 games per opponent?

AKABALLA2K,dude I'm sorry we couldn't play last night. I had a few friends over and by the time I got your email I didn't see you on Live when I went on. Let's get these games in early today if we can.

Im at work till 9pm est tonight.. Its a 1 game series.

_Angelus_

Banned
AkaBalla said:
Im at work till 9pm est tonight.. Its a 1 game series.

Damn-its like its one thing or another.:lol We'll get this game done I promiss. Our schedules just don't click for some reason.

Give me a time you want to play and I'll be on it.
Sorry about all this.

Andokuky, I can play tonight (should be around before 11 EST). If that doesn't work for you then I can play tomorrow before 2 pm EST.

Cloudy

Banned
bluemax said:

Have you tried using classic batting? I agree that the pitch speed is way too fast but if you expect a strike, it seems easier to time than with the swing stick...

Great game DCX, 3-1 game where we both only managed 4 hits each. DCX is going to a problem for you guys when you face him. His pitching is pretty high level stuff!!

Cmon Mets and Red Sox, I want to play my quarterfinal match today God willing!!!

DCX

DCX
Shawnwhann said:
Great game DCX, 3-1 game where we both only managed 4 hits each. DCX is going to a problem for you guys when you face him. His pitching is pretty high level stuff!!

Cmon Mets and Red Sox, I want to play my quarterfinal match today God willing!!!
Great game indeed. I must say, my pitching is really good, but it will mean nothing if i can't manage more than 1 run a game :( I did draw a walk and i stroke out a total of 18 times, my career high, but i did manage to strikout about 14 myself. Meh, the Indains aren't who i thought they were!! I want my YANKS cock blocker!!, now play us for the rights!!

DCX

God damn, this swing stick is so hard to figure out.

First, you have to figure out when to step. When ARe you supposed to step? RIght after the release of the pitch?

I guess it's more antipication...is it really worth to use the swing stick?

Alright...changed to a Linksys router, bandwidth is already ten times better....the router interface is also ten times easier to use. Whenever we both get a chance, I'll be willing to give it another go Zep.

Big Zep said:
alright...give me 10mins, just woke up

Ok...just be warned if we are able to connect, if I have to pause it...I'm either a) getting my daughter up from her nap, b) changing a diaper, or c) getting her away from something she shouldn't have. :D

Kingpen said:
so are any of you guys regretting getting this? Do you feel the reviews are low for this game?

The only thing I regret is that this game's trade system sucks.

I could have traded Eric Young and Garrett Atkins for Miguel Cabrera.

bluemax

Banned
Cloudy said:
Have you tried using classic batting? I agree that the pitch speed is way too fast but if you expect a strike, it seems easier to time than with the swing stick...

Classic is ok, it's what I used against you but I thought we were restricted to swing stick for league and tourney?

If we can use either than I'll probably just stick to classic.

jobber

pheeniks said:
GG Jobber.

Is it me or do infielders have super speed sometimes?

It's you :\

I was licking my chops when Willis was nervous and I swung early -_-

GG however

jobber said:
It's you :\

I was licking my chops when Willis was nervous and I swung early -_-

GG however

It just seemed like on some balls you hit, my infielders would have this sudden crazy burst of speed. I benefit from that this time, but it would suck if I hit a really hard ball that got snagged up by superman.

I <3 me some miguel cabrera

Andokuky

Banned
Anyone in any leagues yet? I am in one, and every time I try to click on the league to access it, my game freezes while loading the roster. I've only tried it like 3 times, and each time it locks up. You can drop from a league from the league website, right?

jobber

I'm afraid I can't play in the league. My 360 is carving up my new disc. I'm sending in my 360 this week and I probably won't get it back for 2 weeks. :\

I'm not even playing this game again until I get another 360.

Fifty

It seems like just yesterday NBA 2K caused your 360 to break..Now MLB 2K. Jobber, why do you love what hurts you so?

Zep

Banned
jobber said:
I'm afraid I can't play in the league. My 360 is carving up my new disc. I'm sending in my 360 this week and I probably won't get it back for 2 weeks. :\

I'm not even playing this game again until I get another 360.

:-/ If we cant find a replacement...(even with mariners,dodgers waiting) I might hold up the league for you.

AkaBalla

Jobber did u move ur 360 while it was on?

I'm sure you knew that since thats one of the defects with the system. But if you didnt know you cannot move the 36 or else it will scratch the disc..

Also is your 360 in the entertainment center? It's best to leave it out so it doesnt over heat...

Matrix

Fifty said:
It seems like just yesterday NBA 2K caused your 360 to break..Now MLB 2K. Jobber, why do you love what hurts you so?

So when you picking the game up fifty to take Jobbers place? :p

jobber

AkaBalla said:
Jobber did u move ur 360 while it was on?

I'm sure you knew that since thats one of the defects with the system. But if you didnt know you cannot move the 36 or else it will scratch the disc..

Also is your 360 in the entertainment center? It's best to leave it out so it doesnt over heat...

Nope. My 360 has been in the same place since I got it back. I can play other games for hours and nothing happens to the disc but this game my 360 doesn't like at all -_-

Don't hold up everyone the league. I'm sure someone will drop out and I'll replace them. From then I'll dominate and fall short of the playoffs.

Ando, I can play after 11 EST.

Meet me in the lobby at 11:15. Let me know if that works, if it doesn't I will adjust accordingly.

jobber said:
Nope. My 360 has been in the same place since I got it back. I can play other games for hours and nothing happens to the disc but this game my 360 doesn't like at all -_-

Don't hold up everyone the league. I'm sure someone will drop out and I'll replace them. From then I'll dominate and fall short of the playoffs.

2k games hate your 360, I guess =/ Sorry man

_Angelus_

Banned
Man did AkaBalla ever bare down in the 2nd half of the game. My 3-4-5- batters were pretty much shut down. I don't mind loosing games like this one though,its by far the best game MLB2K7 game I've had online. 6-4,but it always felt like both of us were just a hit away from blowing it open. So many fly balls,I just wish I could have pulled a few. Boston's big center field just killed me at times. :lol

Good game,had lots of fun with the back and forth run scoring.

AkaBalla

Yes it was a great game man.. El Duque's EEphus pitch is Nucking Futz! I had to counter with Wakefield even though he didnt do that great but it makes my bullpen a bit stronger with the speed differential.

Good luck this season...

Youk! 4-4 3 homers..LMAO

P.S. Zep, you may want to think about putting pitch speed down.. Too many strikeouts, just get a total of K's through the tourny to decide.

I think there are too many strikeouts cause people swing too much, and I'm guilty of that.

And most notice, and it could be a coincidence in the game's I'm in, but pretty much every run scored is off a homer.

Top Bottom